PDA

View Full Version : Dem accuses witness invited by Ron Paul of 'hate group' ties

RonPaulFanInGA
02-09-2011, 03:56 PM
http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/banking-financial-institutions/143039-dem-accuses-witness-invited-by-ron-paul-of-hate-group-ties

The ranking Democrat on a House panel overseeing the Federal Reserve on Wednesday accused a witness invited by Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) of being affiliated with a "hate group."

The first meeting of the House Financial Services Committee's Domestic Monetary Policy and Trade subcommittee had a tense moment when Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) questioned the background of Dr. Thomas DiLorenzo.

Clay went after DiLorenzo, an economics professor at Loyola University who was invited to testify by Paul, for his connections with the League of the South, which has been identified by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a "neo-Confederate" group. The league identifies DiLorenzo as an "affiliated scholar" of its League of the South Institute for the Study of Southern Culture and History.

Odd of someone using the 'Southern Poverty Law Center' as a source to be accusing anyone else of affiliations to a "hate group."

gls
02-09-2011, 03:58 PM
If the Southern Poverty Law Center says it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
I have a lot of sympathies for the League of the South. They are heavily libertarian. Hate group they are not, though the SPLC is.

devil21
02-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Let's be honest here. Anyone that doesn't kowtow to AIPAC and the assorted flotsam that they surround themselves with, is a "hate group" according to the SPLC. Anyone not a fan of central banking and the progression toward One World Gov't is a "hate group" according to the SPLC. The SPLC is the biggest hate group out there! The Chosen Ones are never wrong, of course.

What was Dilorenzo's response to this racist personal attack? Anyone know? It's curious that the article doesn't make even a cursory mention of Dilorenzo's response...

Cowlesy
02-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Rep. Clay should arm-wrestle Professor DiLorenzo just for fun.

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Cue the "Ron Paul is R A Ci S T" mob in three...two...one...

low preference guy
02-09-2011, 04:31 PM
NEOCONFEDERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrcM5exDxcc

Racism!

FrankRep
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/US-3-2010/2611-cs1.jpg (http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/tna/subscriptions/1-year-standard-subscription.html)

More on the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC):

Leftist SPLC Publishes Patriot Hit List (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3358-leftist-splc-publishes-patriot-hit-list)

The leftist Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is worried that non-violent conservative opposition to big government will lead to violence, and has produced an enemies list that includes much of the freedom (patriot) movement. by Thomas R. Eddlem

Media Bias: Demonizing the Right (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3513-media-bias-demonizing-the-right)

The media bias against the political Right can easily be detected in news reports that portray the Tea Party movement and the Right in general as being filled with instigators of racist hate and violence. By William F. Jasper

Media Jump to Smear Right With Extremist Label (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3238-media-jump-to-smear-right-with-extremist-label)

Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) are using the recent arrests of the Hutaree Militia to smear The John Birch Society and constitutionalist Christian organizations as dangerous hate groups.by William F. Jasper

Profiling and Criminalizing Political Dissent (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/911-profiling-and-criminalizing-political-dissent)

A recent report issued through the Missouri State Highway Patrol is stirring alarm among citizens and some elected officials that Christians, political conservatives, opponents of unconstitutional government, supporters of Ron Paul or Chuck Baldwin, and Americans who sport constitutional bumper stickers are right-wing extremists.

The MIAC Militia report specifically mentions the SPLC twice, but the report reads like a copy-and-paste job from the SPLC’s infamous Intelligence Report, which are notorious for smearing political conservatives, constitutionalists, pro-lifers, and Christian organizations by referring to them as “hate groups” and including them in lists and articles alongside violent and repulsive groups such as the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, and skinheads.

http://www.thealexjonesshow.com/assets/images2/2009-03-13_023123.jpg (http://www.infowars.com/secret-state-police-report-ron-paul-bob-barr-chuck-baldwin-libertarians-are-terrorists/)

specsaregood
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
What was Dilorenzo's response to this racist personal attack? Anyone know? It's curious that the article doesn't make even a cursory mention of Dilorenzo's response...
He was not provided with an opportunity to respond to those statements.

Humanae Libertas
02-09-2011, 04:49 PM
SPLC now part of DHS (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2010/10/08/its-official-southern-poverty-law-center-is-now-part-of-dhs/)

All you really need to know about Mark Potok and SPLC.

Sola_Fide
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Ron is a racist. Libertarians are racist. Constitutionalism is racist. Capitalism is racist. Austrian economics is racist. Blah, blah, blah...same old line. We knew it was coming.

tsai3904
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM

After Clay made those remarks, he said that he had no questions for the witnesses.

Koz
02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Are we all racist?

hazek
02-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha I knew it, hahahahahaha. An article about the first meeting and what is the substance of it? Someone calling someone else names.

Very productive indeed.

osan
02-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Call me crazy, but from what I have seen, the SPLC is perhaps the single most strident hate group in these United States.

I guess the old saw about the best defense being a good offense may be true.

HOLLYWOOD
02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Lacy Clay is the Racist and is associated with HATE GROUP: Southern Poverty Law Center

#1 Hate Group in America: Southern Poverty Law Center

osan
02-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Are we all racist?

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING...

What do we have behind the curtain for our winner, Vanna?

Dreamofunity
02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
I had dinner with Dr. Dilorenzo once, nice guy.

I don't believe him to be, but even if he were racist, they were talking about economics right? What does race have to do with economics and monetary policy? It's not like his reasoning for disliking QE2 was "I hate black people," it was probably positive analysis.

lester1/2jr
02-09-2011, 06:06 PM
It's enough with all these groups, CAIR, ADL, SPLC. They just go around trying to find stuff to justify their existence. People donate to them because they want to give to a good cause. They should donate to groups that actually do things for peole instead of just whining and litigating.

Lucille
02-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Cue the "Ron Paul is R A Ci S T" mob in three...two...one...

Right or left? RedState is calling for RP to be removed from his chairmanship, like yesterday, for allowing DiLorenzo to speak.

See(b/c I won't link): Ron Paul: Time To Take Away Those Committee Assignments

Agorism
02-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Is he coming to CPAC?

Lucille
02-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Is he coming to CPAC?

DiLorenzo? He spoke last year. I don't see him on this year's schedule though.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Right or left? RedState is calling for RP to be removed from his chairmanship, like yesterday, for allowing DiLorenzo to speak.

I hate RedState as much as I hate the Democratic Underground. Loins of the same cloth.

NewRightLibertarian
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
These hideous bastards are all out of tricks. They have nothing left in the tank. Their ideas are garbage, and they are crashing and burning. These attacks are all they have left.

I really dislike this garbage, and the fact that these people are paid well for what they do deeply troubles me.

I don't believe him to be, but even if he were racist, they were talking about economics right? What does race have to do with economics and monetary policy? It's not like his reasoning for disliking QE2 was "I hate black people," it was probably positive analysis.

Economics that isn't good for the planners is 'racist'

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Labeling someone a racist is the biggest Trotskyte trick in the book.

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 10:05 PM

Right or left?

There's a difference???

LoL

Here's a broken link, if anybody's curious:

hXXp://www.redstate.com/thejoyofreason/2011/02/08/ron-paul-time-to-take-away-those-committee-assignments/

"blarg, blarg, blarg, Crazytown, blarg blarg blarg, wants to reinstate slavery, blarg blarg blarg, 9/11 was our fault, blarg blarg blarg"

Same old tired fulminations from the increasingly irrelevant "World Empire" wing of the GOP.

PermanentSleep
02-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Rant about the redstate article:

I'm glad this is the first and last time I will ever be visiting that site, because this is the most horrifying pile of nonsensical gibberish that I have ever read.

Is it really that hard for people to hear "gold standard" and take 1, ok I'll give them 5 seconds, to think critically and come up with the fact that gold can be stored in banks and a representative of said stored gold (i.e. paper note, debit card, etc) can be used in normal every day exchanges? I still cannot believe that someone can be so idiotic as to think any person calling for a gold standard intends on having every United States citizen hiding gold under their mattresses and carrying around little cloth sacks of gold coins to the market.

matt0611
02-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Rant about the redstate article:

I'm glad this is the first and last time I will ever be visiting that site, because this is the most horrifying pile of nonsensical gibberish that I have ever read.

Is it really that hard for people to hear "gold standard" and take 1, ok I'll give them 5 seconds, to think critically and come up with the fact that gold can be stored in banks and a representative of said stored gold (i.e. paper note, debit card, etc) can be used in normal every day exchanges? I still cannot believe that someone can be so idiotic as to think any person calling for a gold standard intends on having every United States citizen hiding gold under their mattresses and carrying around little cloth sacks of gold coins to the market.

Yup, its hard to take anyone seriously that thinks the gold standard means stuffing gold under our mattresses. What a moron. You know, cause thats what people before 1933 did, right? There were no bank accounts or paper representation of gold then, right? Everyone just walked around with pockets full of gold lmao.

propanes
02-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Dana Milbank at the Wash. Post home page has an article on Paul's "Southern secessionist" witness. It's full of the usual characterizations and innuendos.

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 11:32 PM
Dana Milbank at the Wash. Post home page has an article on Paul's "Southern secessionist" witness. It's full of the usual characterizations and innuendos.

Lincoln is a state approved demigod.

Doubts of holiness are not tolerated.

NewRightLibertarian
02-09-2011, 11:42 PM
Lincoln is a state approved demigod.

Doubts of holiness are not tolerated.

I do not understand how a man who lorded over the deaths of so many people can be deified like Lincoln is. 700 thousand deaths in the most gruesome war of all time and if you even question what he did, you are considered off the wall. It is just ridiculous. It just shows how a whole nation's culture can be based on horrific carnage without them even realizing it.

devil21
02-10-2011, 12:39 AM
After Clay made those remarks, he said that he had no questions for the witnesses.

If that's the case, why didn't Ron allow him a reply? Ron IS the chairman of the committee. He should act like it and not allow such nonsense to go unchecked.

RM918
02-10-2011, 03:52 AM
Typical attempt to ignore what's actually being discussed and try to paint someone as 'crazy' because, though they call the ideas crazy, they don't know and can't explain why.

Lucille
02-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Right or left?

There's a difference???

LoL

Here's a broken link, if anybody's curious:

hXXp://www.redstate.com/thejoyofreason/2011/02/08/ron-paul-time-to-take-away-those-committee-assignments/

"blarg, blarg, blarg, Crazytown, blarg blarg blarg, wants to reinstate slavery, blarg blarg blarg, 9/11 was our fault, blarg blarg blarg"

Same old tired fulminations from the increasingly irrelevant "World Empire" wing of the GOP.

LOL...

Did you happen to see the other front page blog just a few below that one, "Real Libertarians Understand Consequentialism, Paulistinians Don’t."

I've been heartened to see more conservatives on twitter say that RP makes a lot of sense of foreign policy and that they should have listened to him. They should! They voted for it 2000 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J790V1QV84E), and he is one of the few Republicans left in Washington who still holds a conservative FP platform! There's also more coming out against the unPatriot Act, which really surprises me. If BSC! had McCain won, that never would have happened.

It's an awful awful place. I was banned from there twice. Once for quoting Goldwater, and the last time for thanking the Bush GOP for Obamanation.

They're obsessed with RP, much like HotAir. He comes up in the comments constantly, even when the blogs have nothing to do with him. They should seek professional help immediately for their RPDS!

Baptist
02-10-2011, 08:19 AM
I've not read Dilorenzo's books, but I've seen him compare Hitler to Lincoln in a few speeches. If I recall correctly, every time that he did it was in the context of federalism versus unitarianism. He said that Hitler was for unitary government and very much against state's rights because it would be harder to control all the regions and thus all the citizens. Dilorenzo did not bring up race or hate or anything; it was strictly a matter of the central government being unitary or federal.