PDA

View Full Version : C4L booking 2 people per bed at the Omni? lol wtf?

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 11:06 AM
lol anyone in this CPAC facebook event group get this latest message?

the facebook event looks to have been set up the osu chapter of yal

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128561433867675

Clayton Stamper sent a message to the members of CPAC 2011.

Clayton StamperFebruary 9, 2011 at 8:55am

Subject: Everyone attending CPAC!
Make sure you bring business casual/professional clothing for all activities within the conference itself. Street clothes are a good idea for after parties in such, but are not required.

Also, if you're splitting a room with strangers in the Omni or Adam's, you may get stuck sharing a queen-sized bed with someone. If this freaks you out, bring a sleeping bag.
Get ready to take over the conservative movement! Rumor has it the liberty movement has signed up a horde of people...

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 11:07 AM
love how dude nonchalantly says it, and then adds, "if this freaks you out…"

specsaregood
02-09-2011, 11:10 AM
./

Danke
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Someone needs a chick to share a tent Queen Size bed.

Yieu
02-09-2011, 11:33 AM
I knew this was going to happen when they said 4 people to a 2 bedroom room... this will be a bit awkward.

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 11:36 AM
I knew this was going to happen when they said 4 people to a 2 bedroom room... this will be a bit awkward.

I figured people would sign up with friends. In college when we went on ski trips it was sometimes 4 people to a room, but you made sure you knew your roomates. Someone always slept on the couch, sometimes someone slept on the floor. It was often couples.

Yieu
02-09-2011, 11:48 AM
I figured people would sign up with friends. In college when we went on ski trips it was sometimes 4 people to a room, but you made sure you knew your roomates. Someone always slept on the couch, sometimes someone slept on the floor. It was often couples.

Even with friends, 2 beds between 4 guys sounds a little awkward. :eek:

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 11:51 AM

Yeah, well, my experience was more with couples who knew eachother well.

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 11:53 AM
lol i wonder if c4L is booking the random people who dont provide roomates preferences into coed rooms and they're expected to share beds. (nothing freaky)

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
lol i wonder if c4L is booking the random people who dont provide roomates preferences into coed rooms and they're expected to share beds. (nothing freaky)

*snicker.* I edited that....

Yieu
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Yeah, well, my experience was more with couples who knew eachother well.

Jokes are born of such conditions. I'm looking forward to the liberty conversations we'll have though.

Jeremy
02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
You didn't know this? o.0

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Jokes are born of such conditions. I'm looking forward to the liberty conversations we'll have though.
:p

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 11:56 AM

lol i guess it slipped my mind

Yieu
02-09-2011, 11:56 AM

I knew it, but it will still be a little awkward figuring out the sleeping situation.

Jeremy
02-09-2011, 11:59 AM
I knew it, but it will still be a little awkward figuring out the sleeping situation.

That's why I booked with people I know. :p If you didn't know anyone then you could have payed nearly double to have your own bed, or just go with it for liberty!

Dr.3D
02-09-2011, 12:00 PM

If those conversations are like some of the threads here, there could be a big problem. LOL

Yieu
02-09-2011, 12:03 PM
That's why I booked with people I know. :p If you didn't know anyone then you could have payed nearly double to have your own bed, or just go with it for liberty!

I'm booked with an awesome person I know, and two strangers. I had to do a chip-in in order to go, so I selected the cheapest reasonable option for me to be able to make it there.

MRoCkEd
02-09-2011, 12:06 PM
They said this on the cfl site when you buy your tickets.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2011, 12:07 PM
The only people this will freak out are the ones insecure in their sexuality. I think I have had worse experiences in boot camp and when using showering rooms like YMCA, etc. We need some starship troopers co-ed action! :p

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Yes, but as an Eagle Scout, I'm prepared and have brought a sleeping bag just in case. And no I don't know the guys I'll be rooming with. My friends that are coming (thanks to the generous CHIPIN Donors) are staying at another hotel because they didn't make their plans until the last minute.

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 12:24 PM
They said this on the cfl site when you buy your tickets.

oops

Danke
02-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Sleep with one eye open.

Brian4Liberty
02-09-2011, 12:40 PM

A sleeping bag on top of the bed helps...

The only people this will freak out are the ones insecure in their sexuality. I think I have had worse experiences in boot camp and when using showering rooms like YMCA, etc. We need some starship troopers co-ed action! :p

...to avoid waking up unintentionally spooning with someone.

Anti Federalist
02-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Sleep with one eye open.

I fail to see what all the fuss is about.

BrooklynZoo
02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I fail to see what all the fuss is about.

Yeah, I mean do you see the GOProud guys complaining about sharing a bed? lol

squarepusher
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/secks.jpg

dannno
02-09-2011, 01:38 PM

Could be worse.. I went to a journalism convention in Atlanta in high school with some of the other editors of our HS newspaper, and I think there were 6 of us kids (mix of guys and girls) and we all shared a hotel room.. 2 queens and a roll-out.. In fact I remember not being able to sleep on my side, and I am a side sleeper, so it may have been worse numbers than that (vague memories of possibly 3 people/bed). The other part that sucked was I never snore, but something about that bed, the pillow height and me lying on my back (which still doesn't normally cause me to snore), well, made me snore really loud.. If I'd had some damn space it wouldn't have been a problem.

I guess my point is, though, 4 people sharing a hotel room with 2 queens isn't as horrible as it could be.. they could have had doubles instead of queens, too.

amy31416
02-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Man you guys are naive...this is obviously the work of GOProud! You've heard about their "hidden" agenda.

Wake up! (Or, uh, stay awake...)

:p

Vessol
02-09-2011, 04:15 PM
I thought it was kind of a given when they said they're packing 4 to a room, lol.

I'm bringing blankets and pillows to crash on the floor. It's not that I'm that freaked out about sharing a bed with someone, I just don't like sharing beds in general with anyone(yes, this has caused problems with gf's before, lol). That's why I'm bringing some blankets and pillows for myself to crash on the floor.

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I already thought it was obvious either share a queen or cuddle or sleeping bag or blanket and floors.

Agorism
02-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Even with friends, 2 beds between 4 guys sounds a little awkward.

Yes, although if you know them really well then it's not. I've done it before and it was never awkward although only with highschool friends and we were so drunk no one remembered anyways.

If it was college or adult friends it would be odd in most cases..

MelissaWV
02-09-2011, 05:49 PM
It doesn't bother the Collins because he can sleep in a drawer :p

To make up for being mean to the Collins, I will hope that his roomie is the gal in this motivational poster:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/tall-can-or-midget-demotivational-poster-1236568601.jpg

...and that she is pure and a maiden.

tangent4ronpaul
02-09-2011, 08:33 PM
I guess my point is, though, 4 people sharing a hotel room with 2 queens isn't as horrible as it could be.. they could have had doubles instead of queens, too.

lol! (re:GOProud)

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/allweinortiz/Chastity%2BBelt.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, I wonder if they ship overnight...

:D

-t

Suzu
02-09-2011, 09:22 PM
lol! (re:GOProud)

http://voices.mysanantonio.com/allweinortiz/Chastity%2BBelt.jpg

Just to be on the safe side, I wonder if they ship overnight...

:D

-t

Naughty nathan!

college4life
02-09-2011, 09:41 PM
guess that wrecks Collins plans of bringing women back to the room since they are packed?