PDA

View Full Version : At CPAC, the race for Second Place as Ron Paul goes all out

bobbyw24
02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
The Conservative Political Action Conference's annual straw poll typically indicates three things: Whom CPAC's segment of the conservative base prefers for president; who bought tickets for their supporters; and whether Ron Paul is really trying.

The evidence so far this year is that Paul -- who won big in 2010, and whose energetic core of supporters have proven a lot better at winning him beauty contests than primaries -- is in it to win it.

"It will tell the country a whole lot about the enthusiasm the young people have for liberty," Paul said in a video exhorting his supporters to flood the conference.

Read the rest of this interesting piece

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0211/At_CPAC_the_race_for_second_place_as_Paul_goes_all _out.html

JamesButabi
02-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Marginalization.......all day .....every day. At some point people hear so much of it they will ask "why"? Lets hope we are close to that time.

bobbyw24
02-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Marginalization.......all day .....every day. At some point people hear so much of it they will ask "why"? Lets hope we are close to that time.

I know . . .

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 10:34 AM
How nice to make a win inevitable and a loss to someone like Romney (which everyone else will suffer) a terrible defeat. Now we do have to win this. And it isn't as if Romney hasn't gone 'all out' for years. They just don't mention it.

bobbyw24
02-09-2011, 11:03 AM
How nice to make a win inevitable and a loss to someone like Romney (which everyone else will suffer) a terrible defeat. Now we do have to win this. And it isn't as if Romney hasn't gone 'all out' for years. They just don't mention it.

The MSM loves it some Mitt

muzzled dogg
02-09-2011, 11:13 AM
ouch

Legend1104
02-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I personally found the article very funny and inciteful. I love the title that suggests that Ron has enough loyal support to best virtually any other top tier candidate (at least in polls). Also the quote from Benton even further confirms to me that Dr. Paul will run.