PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: The interent has changed much in 3 years.

aravoth
02-09-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm posting this because I know that people at C4L, and other organizations friendly to the liberty movement read this site quite often. I'm hoping that anyone that has an ear to Ron Paul's campaign, his staff, his PAC, will read this and take it to heart.

The internet has changed.

It's not the same sluggish pile of crap we had back in 2007, it's evolved, for the better. The tools available to us now enable us to reach millions of people in the blink of an eye. They can be on a computer, at a desk, streaming youtube on their TV, or riding in a cab and getting tweets on an Iphone. People can instant message a blog post to thousands of people while walking down the street sipping a cup of coffee.

Because of this, It is absolutely imperative that any official content be the absolute best it can be. That especially includes video. It is arguably the most influential thing a campaign can put out on the interwebs. In the right hands, a series of debate clips or interviews can become an epic montage capable of recruiting countless legions to our cause. It is because of this that anyone posting video on youtube, if they are capable, absolutely need to post it in HD. Youtube now supports 1080p HD, actually it even goes beyond that, but none of us are planning on streaming anything from youtube onto a movie screen, (yet)

The point I am making is this.

Grassroots videos were awesome, yet, they had the ability to be so much more. They are tools that can be used at activist booths at public gatherings, they can rile up a crowd at a rally, and grassroots organizations can run them on the air, without cost to the campaign. All that is needed to take advantage of this, is HD video. Every interview of Ron Paul/Rand Paul, Schiff, Napalitano, etc posted to youtube should be up posted in HD if available.

It's the best free advertising any political campaign could ever get, and it won't cost a thing.

Give it some thought. Trust me, HD video, will make an enormous difference this time around.

teacherone
02-09-2011, 07:16 AM
+ 2012!

Bern
02-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Speaking as someone who occassionally watches said videos, the content of the video is orders of magnitude more important to me than the difference between SD & HD. I'm sure HD opens more doors for media redistribution, but I hope that the push for high production values/quality doesn't take anything away from the effort to create an effective message.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2011, 07:35 AM
We shouldn't rely 100% on youtube to provide us with the content. We need to utilize torrents in order to reliably spread HD content. We should also have multiple accounts on youtube posting the same content. I know some people are all concerned about "ownership" and rankings, but that won't serve us much beyond the initial push. Might be a good idea to keep some redundants unlisted so that when an account gets closed we don't have to wait for reuploads to finish.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Also a good idea to use other services like Vimeo in addition to utube

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 07:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWOP2bIOTA&feature=player_embedded

brandon
02-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Establishing a stronger presence on reddit will definitely help with fund raising and quieting the liberal blogs. I encourage you all to sign up, learn how it works, and use it everyday.

www.reddit.com

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2011, 03:30 PM
//

BuddyRey
02-09-2011, 04:09 PM
As per another thread on the subject, this could possibly be the next frontier of netroots activist organizing.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278304-A-Better-Means-of-Organizing