PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone realize Slickdeals has a political forum?

Kregisen
02-09-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't know if any of you use slickdeals (extremely popular site for sales and deals on everything) but their forums have a political section, with people from all different sides of the political spectrum.

I think we could change lots of minds if we go there in numbers. I've argued with quite a few neo-cons on marijuana issues already...it's actually pretty fun.

It's a nice alternative to debate people on main issues instead of here, as everyone here pretty much agrees on most issues.

Kregisen
02-09-2011, 12:43 AM
(I hope this isnt against some rule of advertising other forums....I haven't read the rules since I joined)

emazur
02-09-2011, 12:52 AM
didn't know that, I might start going there. I used to discuss some politics on the Anandtech forums (also very diverse) but they updated their system and I lost my username and password and stopped going there

Kregisen
02-10-2011, 01:20 AM
I even made a thread about the new patriot act story, and the vast majority of people who commented on it are against the patriot act....it's refreshing.

Aldanga
02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
Interesting. I visit Slickdeals every day, but I never really browsed the forums. I'll have to take a look.

__27__
02-10-2011, 02:07 AM
You can find good debate just about anywhere. Way back in about '06 I started debating politically on the boards for the Minnesota Wild in their 'trash talk' section. It was after debating there, all done with my own mind and no prior research, that someone suggested I check out Ron Paul. It was all uphill from there as I poured myself into Austrian economics and the philosophy of liberty.

But now I just find so many of those types of debates I had so infuriating. It often leaves me sad inside realizing just how ignorant people are of the system they live in.