PDA

View Full Version : Less than 2 hours left and $65,000 to go!!!

RCA
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
:eek:

brandon
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
No problem. Call in the spammers.

koob
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
the goal isn't going to be met. i feel like we're letting the doctor down. :(

zebov
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
If only Hannity's money spammers were real... *sigh*

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Yeah we'll make all those spammers start counterfitting money too.....

rajibo
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
All in all it was a good job, even if they don't make it tonight. November 5th should more than make up for the several thousand we miss it by.
:)

Energy
10-22-2007, 08:09 PM
No one's being let down. The world's not ending. This is not failure.

The radio spot is going forward no matter what, they have the cash. Ron has plenty of cash in the bank for near-term expenses.

We shoot for the stars, get to the moon. We're continually learning.

We've accomplished a lot so far, celebrate that. Keep spreading Ron's message.

I've done all I can so far in terms of donating. I can't wait to donate on the 5th!

K1RBY
i am shocked at the prospect of failure on this.
i wish i was a man of more means so i could give again right now!!
my wife and i already up'd our nov.5th cash this morning...

anewvoice
It feels like we still have not regained that end of Q3 swagger. We're beginning to see the 100k mark more consistently which is a good thing. But we definitely need to get NEW supporters.

Has anyone hit up their local VFW/Elks/Moose lodges? Would this be fertile ground for some slimjims?

Trassin
10-22-2007, 08:10 PM
:'(

On the plus side, at current rates we'll break 7 mil by the end of the quarter.

jaumen
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
If we don't have it in the next 2 hours, if trends continue, it will be there tomorrow. One day off isn't bad, especially when it wasn't exactly an easy goal... 430,000 in 3 days is a lot. Don't worry about it so much, the ads will still be recieved. Sure, it's disappointing to not achieve a goal, but it's not the end of the world.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
All in all it was a good job, even if they don't make it tonight. November 5th should more than make up for the several thousand we miss it by.
:)

What about the October goal set by the campaign. They are 2.4 million away from that with only 9 days to go. Shouldn't the focus be meeting the campaign's goals and not the goal of some website owner?

jaumen
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
What about the October goal set by the campaign. They are 2.4 million away from that with only 9 days to go. Shouldn't the focus be meeting the campaign's goals and not the goal of some website owner?

Give it a rest already.

anewvoice
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
All the fights over when we donate and how muich are pointless. This group of forum members is not going to raise 12 million all by ourselves, regardless of day or month.

We need to get more new supporters. We've made great strides so far but now we need mainstream numbers.

koob
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
what is going to happen to this um 'widget' when the clock runs out and we haven't met the goal?

. . .

:(

brumans
10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
what is going to happen to this um 'widget' when the clock runs out and we haven't met the goal?

. . .

The world will end.

anewvoice
10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
On a good note, we've raised more in just this 1 weekend push than Huckabee has ALL MONTH.

Just some perspective.

Trassin
10-22-2007, 08:17 PM

. . .

Fox, CNN, and MSNBC will decide it's time to do a story about the Ron Paul official campaign web page.

richard1984
10-22-2007, 08:19 PM
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November...." :rolleyes:

(I'm being [kind of] sarcastic...;).)

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Fox, CNN, and MSNBC will decide it's time to do a story about the Ron Paul official campaign web page.

Bingo. Especially since Huckabee will have exceeded his goals (albeit smaller goals). But the amount of money doesn't matter to the MSM who is looking for blood in the water. The story will be: Paul fails to meet goals, Huckabee exceeds goals.

But who cares, apparently fuliflling the goals of a website owner is more important to some that fulfilling the goals of the official campaign.

PMatt

Headlines:

Ron Paul only manages to raise 2 million in October

Look out Rudy McRomney, Mike Huckabee raises 500k in October!

koob

I think i'd rather have the world end.

Trassin
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
I wonder if we'll see a bump in the fund raising when the ads run tomorrow.

I know they are running in NH but what are the 3 other states?

NinjaPirate

. . .

Don't worry it'll stay up. We all have the rest of the night before it gets taken down. The Q3 thermometer didn't immediately go away after the clock reached 00:00:00. Just keep going!

Qiu
.... I bet there are people out there who are waiting until midnight to donate for some reason, just like there were with the q3 fund raising drive

terlinguatx
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 08:27 PM
:'(

What are you saying? That's not a plus! The goal is to reach 12 million, NOT 7 million! Do you understand how much the campaign has grown and how much it is still expanding? It costs millions to just fund the existence of the campaign, without any advertising at all. Seven million dollars will not be anywhere NEAR what they need to compete. Nowhere close.

We have to reach 12 million or come darn close to it. Let's get some new supporters to help us.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
What are you saying? That's not a plus! The goal is to reach 12 million, NOT 7 million! Do you understand how much the campaign has grown and how much it is still expanding? It costs millions to just fund the existence of the campaign, without any advertising at all. Seven million dollars will not be anywhere NEAR what they need to compete. Nowhere close.

We have to reach 12 million or come darn close to it. Let's get some new supporters to help us.

Agreed and the first step to getting to 12 million in Q4 is getting to 4 million in October. Exceeding that October goal will be a sign to those still sitting on the sidelines that the campaign is strong and serious. There are also a lot of people who have donated, but are sitting back for a while to see if the campaign can maintain its momentum. Failing to meet the October goal will make it much harder to find new supporters and to get additional support from past donors

Trassin
10-22-2007, 08:32 PM

It's a plus because a week ago we were no wear near getting even 7 mil.

aspiringconstitutionalist
Are we really going to cry because we fell a little bit short of reaching our 3-day goal--the same goal that Mike Huckabee (the "first tier" candidate) has set for one whole month...?

Seth M.
86% - 88% of goal is GREAT!

we did in 3 days friends what the hucks couldnt do in 22 days

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I wonder if we'll see a bump in the fund raising when the ads run tomorrow.

Exactly. In a responsible campaign (like Dr. Paul's), fundraising begets better fundraising.

We raise money, the campaign spends it on advertising, the advertising creates more donors, those donors raise even more money, the campaign spends even more money on advertising, the advertising creates even more donors, etc. etc. etc.

Dr. Paul is running a smart, effective, responsible campaign and our fundraising is going to increase exponentially.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
86% - 88% of goal is GREAT!

we did in 3 days friends what the hucks couldnt do in 22 days

Regardless of the amount of money raised, this will be the first time the campaign has failed to meet a fundraising goal.

koob
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Exactly. In a responsible campaign (like Dr. Paul's), fundraising begets better fundraising.

We raise money, the campaign spends it on advertising, the advertising creates more donors, those donors raise even more money, the campaign spends even more money on advertising, the advertising creates even more donors, etc. etc. etc.

Dr. Paul is running a smart, effective, responsible campaign and our fundraising is going to increase exponentially.

well said.

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:37 PM
I think Paul's campaign is the wisest political campaign I have ever seen. He has good people campaigning for him for sure, which is why we need to stick with what they're doing and not try to come up with ideas on our own.

me3
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Which should put us in the top 4 in gross fund raising.

We need to get more new supporters. We've made great strides so far but now we need mainstream numbers.
Precisely. People are whining about 11/5, but they should be worrying about the overall total by talking to friends and family and building the voter/contributor base. There seems to be a lot of people on this forum who just cry and don't get out and beat the street.

Bingo. Especially since Huckabee will have exceeded his goals (albeit smaller goals). But the amount of money doesn't matter to the MSM who is looking for blood in the water. The story will be: Paul fails to meet goals, Huckabee exceeds goals.

But who cares, apparently fuliflling the goals of a website owner is more important to some that fulfilling the goals of the official campaign.
The MSM already doesn't like us. It doesn't matter if we raised $10 million, they still aren't going to like us. You can't buy friendship when there are billions at stake if Dr. Paul gets elected.

It's not about a single website owner. Stop crapping on the grassroots please. You should be supporting this money bomb, because if it goes off 1/10 as well as planned, it will be a huge media victory, much bigger than reaching a 3 day radio ad goal. It might be one of the biggest single fund raising days this year.

Also folks, don't forget that Dr. Paul is still earning money offline. I doubt the staff are posting checks and offline payments to the ticker right now. We will probably hit this goal when you combine on and offline fund raising.

bolidew
10-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Bump.

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Regardless of the amount of money raised, this will be the first time the campaign has failed to meet a fundraising goal.

Goal: An objective to be achieved within a specific period of time.

You take away the amount of money raised you don't have a goal. The goal was total to work toward.. we aren't going to fall down tomorrow.. get a grip.. this was a short term goal not an obstacle. :cool:

Thinking positive will ensure works of good. :) Dr. Paul is happy I guarantee it!!

rwl4
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Here's my receipt!!!

Thank you very much for your donation of $100.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T67643-97430105

tfelice
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
The MSM already doesn't like us. It doesn't matter if we raised $10 million, they still aren't going to like us. You can't buy friendship when there are billions at stake if Dr. Paul gets elected.

I am well aware the MSM is never going to like us. I don't expect them too. I have been through this many times before. But, I am smart enough to know that you don't give them any ammo. The MSM needs negative stories about the Paul campaign - we don't need to hand it to them on a silver platter.

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 08:54 PM
that most likely does not include offline donations, and at least offline donations for this day

me3
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I am well aware the MSM is never going to like us. I don't expect them too. I have been through this many times before. But, I am smart enough to know that you don't give them any ammo. The MSM needs negative stories about the Paul campaign - we don't need to hand it to them on a silver platter.
Believe me, the MSM isn't going to report that Ron Paul only raised 90% of his goal as a negative. and if they did, it would be great fund raising advertising for the campaign as it would spur offline supporters to kick in more.

You're being just a wee bit paranoid about the MSM. There is nothing we can do about whatever they do. What we can do is keep canvassing, keep raising money and getting converts. Lurking on the website and hand wringing is not going to get Dr. Paul elected, and then we'll have another 4 years of war and a potential economic collapse.

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM

Hand what? 375k+ in 3 days? Stop thinking that our goals are/could be ammo.. We donate/give for growth, and we both know we are growing.. Create your reality.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Believe me, the MSM isn't going to report that Ron Paul only raised 90% of his goal as a negative. and if they did, it would be great fund raising advertising for the campaign as it would spur offline supporters to kick in more.

You're being just a wee bit paranoid about the MSM. There is nothing we can do about whatever they do. What we can do is keep canvassing, keep raising money and getting converts. Lurking on the website and hand wringing is not going to get Dr. Paul elected, and then we'll have another 4 years of war and a potential economic collapse.

Not paranoid - just realistic. The "Broadcasting" goal (if it fails) will get at best a few blogs posts. It's missing the October goal (for the sake of 11/5) that I think will get negative coverage.

Regarding your statement "There is nothing we can do about whatever they do" you are incorrect. There is something we can do, and that is give them noting negative to talk about. Meet the goals, increase the support, run a clean campaign and they will have very little to work with. However, if we miss goals, and run around town in V for Vendetta masks, they will have a field day.

Trassin
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
<throws box of V for Vendetta masks in trash> Crap!

literatim
10-22-2007, 09:03 PM

MSM will ignore it either way.

The negative effects will be that of psychological and the fact that smaller media won't announce that he reached the goal.

uncloned21
10-22-2007, 09:05 PM
isnt it like 6 hours since hawaii people can still donate...

Stealth4
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
isnt it like 6 hours since hawaii people can still donate...

no look at the campaign site, it has a ticker, based on EST

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 09:08 PM
<throws box of V for Vendetta masks in trash> Crap!

nOw thats funny right there... lol

bulloncoins
10-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Why did the countdown clock go out 1 hour early?

BIG_J
10-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tefelice, next time you get around 7000 or so people to donate on the same day let me know and I will also donate on "your" day.

Cool?

rpfreedom08
10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
soooooooo close to 400k!

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 09:12 PM
that most likely does not include offline donations, and at least offline donations for this day

THIS is a very good point!

uncloned21
10-22-2007, 09:13 PM
THIS is a very good point!

not really, since it includes donations sent in before the promotion

tfelice
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Tefelice, next time you get around 7000 or so people to donate on the same day let me know and I will also donate on "your" day.

Cool?

I don't want to have "my" day - this isn't about me. I want to see the campaign meet its October goal of 4 million by October 31st, not November 5. It's a shame the organizers of this 11/5 thing didn't put some thought into it and time things so that the campaign could meet their goals.

Falseflagop
10-22-2007, 09:20 PM
ever think of that!

BIG_J
10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Great! Stop cutting other people's great fund raising ideas.

hells_unicorn
10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't want to have "my" day - this isn't about me. I want to see the campaign meet its October goal of 4 million by October 31st, not November 5. It's a shame the organizers of this 11/5 thing didn't put some thought into it and time things so that the campaign could meet their goals.

Your not accomplishing anything other than making an ass out of yourself here, this is a grassroots campaign, individuals decide how to spend their money, you spend yours how you like.

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM

Our goals are not obstacles. :Listen: they are short term projections thats all... cheer up why don't ya :)

our evolution is fluid not rigid...

Tenbatsu
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
This will be our best fund raising day so far this quarter. There is nothing to be upset about.

CCTelander
10-22-2007, 09:31 PM
This is just a thought, and it's not meant to disparge anyone, but if the people complaining about the various fund raising efforts of others were to invest half the energy they've been wasting on those complaints into real efforts to boost donations, they might well have nothing to complain about.

theprolific
10-22-2007, 09:36 PM
Our goals are not obstacles. :Listen: they are short term projections thats all... cheer up why don't ya :)

our evolution is fluid not rigid... well said

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 09:48 PM
The campaign created the short term goal frankly for our short attention spans.. lol woohoo We're Americans. :changes the channel:

I would like to see what the mail-ins total it out at though.

tfelice
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Your not accomplishing anything other than making an ass out of yourself here, this is a grassroots campaign, individuals decide how to spend their money, you spend yours how you like.

So I am not entitled to have an opinion? It is a meaningful debate to decide which is more important the goals of the campaign or the goals of a handful of people that have a fundraising idea. I think its great that people come up with ideas, but when those ideas could prevent the campaign from reaching their goals, I have just as much right to speak my peace.

You folks do what you wish, I'll watch from the sidelines and hope that all the hardwork that went into this campaign is not all for naught.

koob
10-22-2007, 10:01 PM
3...2...1...0!!! times up the widget message changes: "you f*ck ups! you guys don't really love dr paul after all."

j/k

we'll make this before anyone sleeps tonight.