PDA

View Full Version : New NH GOP chairman is a Ron Paul supporter.

gilgamesh529
02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
" Since then state Republican Chair Jack Kimball has said that he backed Paul in the 2008 New Hampshire Primary."

http://politicalscoop.wmur.com/ron-paul-heading-to-iowa

Two relevant comments about the article, short though it is.

One,a NH based political scoop dedicates an article to Ron Paul going to Iowa (because its not NH, so really, who cares? The other candidate's Iowa trips don't get mentioned very often, never mind a whole article.) I don't want to jump to any conclusions or read into it too far. Maybe a potential Ron Paul candidacy is considered news people would want to read, maybe its because nobody knows if Ron Paul is running when its obvious Romney and TPaw are. Maybe its option C. Read in what you will.

Second, the NH GOP chair is traditionally neutral in the primary, so even though this one is more outspoken than normal, it is very unlikely that any sort of endorsement or favoritism will come. One of the higher ups was recently catching some heat for expressing dissatisfaction with TPaw. But its good news none the less, and even if it doesn't translate into good things for Ron Paul, its a good sign that a Ron Paul supporter is in charge of the NHGOP, especially for anyone considering the free state project.

WilliamShrugged
02-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum.

libertybrewcity
02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
woo hoo! this is great news. he will definitely be an asset to the campaign come primary time.

Agorism
02-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I remember us taking over some of the Iowa GOP as well?

Flash
02-11-2011, 03:56 PM
I suggest EVERYONE who is interested in the Free State Project reads this post on the FSP forums:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=10146.0

All New Hampshire needs is a few thousand activists spread out appropriately around the state. There's not even 1,000 people in the state yet but Libertarians are already a major influence in the Republican Party.