PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: "I ask that you please remain respectful of all speakers and presenters"

Jeremy
02-08-2011, 05:17 PM
"I also wanted to convey a personal request to you as you get ready for CPAC. I ask that you please remain respectful of all speakers and presenters as you attend the numerous events throughout the weekend. Though you may have opposing views with some, it is vital we act in a professional manner which builds up our movement."

He just sent this email regarding CPAC. Full email:

February 8, 2011

Dear Friend of Liberty,

Thank you for purchasing your ticket for CPAC, which will be held in Washington, D.C. this coming weekend. It is vital the defenders of liberty have a good showing at the Conference.

C4L's staff tells me that thousands of individuals from all across the country will be joining us at what I expect to be the best CPAC yet. I am excited about the events, speakers, and discussions Campaign for Liberty is sponsoring in addition to many of those being put on by CPAC itself.

I wanted to take a minute to send this note of thanks to you for investing your time and resources to help make our showing at the Conference the best possible.

I also wanted to convey a personal request to you as you get ready for CPAC. I ask that you please remain respectful of all speakers and presenters as you attend the numerous events throughout the weekend. Though you may have opposing views with some, it is vital we act in a professional manner which builds up our movement.

C4L has been welcomed by CPAC as a sponsor and looks to build upon the success we had last year. I believe how we conduct ourselves at this Conference will help set the tone for how the liberty movement is viewed going forward.

It is precisely because I know you are a dedicated activist that I am asking for your help with this. We must remember that we serve as a continual example of the liberty message.

In some cases, the constitution of our character may be the only Constitution an individual will ever read.

Please read the following information from John Tate regarding specific details for CPAC. You will find the information extremely useful as you make your way to Washington, D.C. and take part in an engaging, uplifting weekend.

I look forward to seeing you at CPAC!

For Liberty,
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9369/rpsig.jpg
Ron Paul

Austin
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Listen to the man..

ItsTime
02-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Amen to that! When you are there you are a diplomat for liberty!

Sola_Fide
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Bump.

hazek
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I think he had the proposed Rumsfeld walkout in mind :S

Cancel that bitch guys!

MRoCkEd
02-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Anything we do as Ron Paul supporters will reflect on Dr. Paul himself. If he asks us to be respectful, we should. Let's build the movement, not burn bridges.

TheJeffersonian
02-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree 100%. Its important we conduct ourselves like civilized adults so we don't get branded as rowdy, ignorant college brat Libertarians

trey4sports
02-08-2011, 07:08 PM
hmm, guess that's that then

MelissaWV
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Cancel that bitch guys!

Why? There are still people arguing it's their duty :(

*sighs*

Dr.3D
02-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Why? There are still people arguing it's their duty :(

*sighs*
Well, they should learn there is a time and place for everything and this is neither the time nor the place for what they want to do.

Brian4Liberty
02-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Of course you are not required to cheer or applaud for those you disagree with...

dntrpltt
02-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Agreed.

civusamericanus
02-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Ron Paul has dedicated the past 30+ years of his life to Liberty, respecting his request is essential to us winning the hearts and minds of the general public. Many of us spent a tremendous amount of time, effort, and money in the 2008 elections fighting for liberty. A 30 second or 5 minute (Walk-out) statement, could jepordize all of our work. If Ron Paul runs for 2012, we have a serious shot at changing a centuries worth of damage that has been done by crooked politicians.

Provocateurs, who don’t respect Ron Paul’s wishes would likely be identified and shunned from the Ron Paul supporter community. I for one will have no respect for people who work against our efforts.

Vessol
02-08-2011, 09:21 PM
This was my conclusion a few days back when people started making actual plans.

olehounddog
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM
Amen to that! When you are there you are a diplomat for liberty!

2nd amen to that

sailingaway
02-08-2011, 09:49 PM
In some cases, the constitution of our character may be the only Constitution an individual will ever read.

That is Ron Paul, all over.

Andrew-Austin
02-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Make sure you wear a big smile and clap at Rumsfield achieving the Champion of the Constitution award, you don't want to be disrespectful by not clapping.

Also be sure you don't leave the room after Rand Paul is done speaking, that you do not leave before the Rummy ceremony starts, not even if you have to go to the bathroom! That would be magically converted in to a "Ron Paul and the liberty message is for lunatics" chant from the establishment Republicans, and this chant will be magically effective and will destroy any chance of pushing politics in a libertarian direction. How? It just will damnit!

anaconda
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM

Cancel that bitch guys!

OK.

But I thought Ron said he admired MLK for libertarian, non-violent protest? Surprised he would discourage it. I think a Rumsfeld walk out would add to our independent recruits and Democrat defections. Don't think it would hurt us with rank and file GOP voters, either..

But RP is The Boss.

Sola_Fide
02-08-2011, 10:11 PM
Make sure you wear a big smile and clap at Rumsfield achieving the Champion of the Constitution award, you don't want to be disrespectful by not clapping.

Also be sure you don't leave the room after Rand Paul is done speaking, that you do not leave before the Rummy ceremony starts, not even if you have to go to the bathroom! That would be magically converted in to a "Ron Paul and the liberty message is for lunatics" chant from the establishment Republicans, and this chant will be magically effective and will destroy any chance of pushing politics in a libertarian direction. How? It just will damnit!

Nah. You're overreacting.

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 10:12 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/RonCPAC2010.jpg

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Listen to the man..

so what was done at the last cpac that garners this type of letter??? i do not remember anything that seemed to be a problem from previous cpacs??

i am guessing an unarmed model predator drone buzzing the crowd is out of the question for rumsfield speech?:) joking:)

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 05:58 AM
so what was done at the last cpac that garners this type of letter??? i do not remember anything that seemed to be a problem from previous cpacs??One or two people I think tried to heckle Glenn Beck and interrupt him. It was either him or Dick Cheney I think.

trey4sports
02-09-2011, 06:12 AM
One or two people I think tried to heckle Glenn Beck and interrupt him. It was either him or Dick Cheney I think.

weird that it would be Beck, seeing as his somewhat of an ally

RM918
02-09-2011, 07:09 AM
People should definitely heed this advice but after 4 years of this, I am REALLY getting sick of the entirety of the group getting maligned for the actions of a few. What other candidate is leaped upon like this for the actions of their supporters? Is it because this one is so radically different from the others in his sincerity, is it because supporters here actually give a damn rather than supporters of other candidates just going for them because they just like their personality?

You can't police the whole movement. When just ONE guy can give the whole thing a bad reputation because opponents or media find it acceptable to do so to us but no-one else, there's no way to fight logically against this when such an unreasonable and ridiculous assumption is left alone.

Jeremy
02-09-2011, 07:11 AM

I know... People are strange... Heckle the 2nd most libertarian speaker wtf..

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Ask Debra Medina if she thinks that.

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 07:53 AM
People should definitely heed this advice but after 4 years of this, I am REALLY getting sick of the entirety of the group getting maligned for the actions of a few. What other candidate is leaped upon like this for the actions of their supporters? Is it because this one is so radically different from the others in his sincerity, is it because supporters here actually give a damn rather than supporters of other candidates just going for them because they just like their personality?

You can't police the whole movement. When just ONE guy can give the whole thing a bad reputation because opponents or media find it acceptable to do so to us but no-one else, there's no way to fight logically against this when such an unreasonable and ridiculous assumption is left alone.

They also ASSUME it was our guys. It might not even have been our two or three guys. There were other liberty groups and not everyone there was necessarily one of ours.

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 08:00 AM
They also ASSUME it was our guys. It might not even have been our two or three guys. There were other liberty groups and not everyone there was necessarily one of ours.
No, I have a secondhand account of someone who was there and saw some of it. At least one or two of the disruptions were from RP supporters last year. But I think those individuals have since been "uninvited".

ItsTime
02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
You will be diplomats of liberty, act like it.

Bern
02-09-2011, 08:26 AM
flies. honey. vinegar.

Be sweet.

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 08:42 AM
I know... People are strange... Heckle the 2nd most libertarian speaker wtf..

beck is not a libertarian no matter how many times you or beck says it! Beck is just a media whore who will say whatever it takes for ratings, nothing more nothing less!!

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 08:44 AM
flies. honey. vinegar.

Be sweet.

old honey needs to be thrown away sometimes and replaced with better honey!! I do not see supporters being a problem. the problem is cpac actually giving praise to obama republicans aka gop establishment!! wtf. The gop and cpac proves we have along way from saving the f'ed up gop!!

the best way to reform the GOP is to outlaw fibulators asap!! jj well maybe

Matt Collins
02-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Only because Ron asked us to. I think the guy should be tarred, feathered, and then hung on the National Mall in DC for all to see for crimes against the Constitution. But that's just me.

Ron takes a different approach.

TomtheTinker
02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
I think the guy should be tarred, feathered, and then hung on the National Mall in DC for all to see for crimes against the Constitution. But that's just me.

Ron takes a different approach.

To each his own.

MelissaWV
02-09-2011, 05:57 PM

Make sure you blow everything out of proportion, deliberately distort what people have asked, and utterly disregard the person you spent your (or someone else's) money to go support. :rolleyes:

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Make sure you blow everything out of proportion, deliberately distort what people have asked, and utterly disregard the person you spent your (or someone else's) money to go support. :rolleyes:

personally i still like the unarmed model predator drone buzzing rummy but obviously you know i wouldn't do such a thing. neo-con speaking=safety break:)

civusamericanus
02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
0.o

Bern
02-10-2011, 06:40 AM
You have to ask yourself what your end goal is.

Are you there to satisfy your own emotional need to lash out at Rumsfeld, Romney, et. al.?

Or are you there to show the GOP that GOP supporters support Ron Paul (and not just "Ron Paulians").

The latter should be the aim if you really want to help Ron get elected.

Corto_Maltese
02-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Lol they are boooing a lot at rumsfelt and cheney now. Love it!
Unfortunatly there could be a price to pay later :S

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
So much for Ron's request...

The media spin will be interesting.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Nice job assholes. Way to repsect the wishes of Dr. Paul. Fuck it.

You fuckers do realize we need some of these people's votes to win?

Slutter McGee

pacelli
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Slutter McGee

It is a real shame that people aren't respecting Dr. Paul's wishes. I'm sure there will be consequences that all of us will have to manage.

amy31416
02-10-2011, 03:30 PM

Slutter McGee

If you didn't play the part of the bootlicker so frequently, that may actually be meaningful. Just sayin'.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 03:34 PM
If you didn't play the part of the bootlicker so frequently, that may actually be meaningful. Just sayin'.

Bootlicker huh? Do you really think I care if a bunch of neo-cons and RINOs are offended? I don't. I do care about getting Dr. Paul elected, or at least enough momentum to really expand out movement even larger for a future election.

I WANT TO WIN. And have of Paul supporters apparently learned nothing from 2007. These people want to be rebels, not winners.

Slutter McGee

SilentBull
02-10-2011, 03:34 PM

Slutter McGee

The idiots don't realize shit. They just like being rebels and going against people. They don't care about winning.

Flash
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM
To some people on the forum this is nothing. But the MSM could be spinning this story all throughout Ron Paul's presidential campaign. It'd be the equivalent of what we did to Hannity back in 2008.

JK/SEA
02-10-2011, 03:36 PM

Slutter McGee

bullshit.

JK/SEA
02-10-2011, 03:37 PM
The idiots don't realize shit. They just like being rebels and going against people. They don't care about winning.

bullshit.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 03:38 PM

Slutter McGee

I'm not there.

Neither are you.

I have no right to egg people on, and I have not.

You have no right to lambaste them and call them a bunch of motherfuckers, for doing what they think is right.

Don't like it? Then next year, carry your ass.

In the meantime STFU.

Brian4Liberty
02-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Rummy: "Every single one [of or Military] said send me". Sorry Rummy, not what I've heard. Many don't want to go on their third tour of this ten+ year police action.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm not there.

Neither are you.

I have no right to egg people on, and I have not.

You have no right to lambaste them and call them a bunch of motherfuckers, for doing what they think is right.

Don't like it? Then next year, carry your ass.

In the meantime STFU.

No I am not there, but that doesn't negate my freedom to say that these people are doing liberty a diservice. Dick Cheney thinks what he did was right? We lambast him, and rightly so.

So even though I like you, I WILL NOT shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

amy31416
02-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Bootlicker huh? Do you really think I care if a bunch of neo-cons and RINOs are offended? I don't. I do care about getting Dr. Paul elected, or at least enough momentum to really expand out movement even larger for a future election.

I WANT TO WIN. And have of Paul supporters apparently learned nothing from 2007. These people want to be rebels, not winners.

Slutter McGee

You, sir, entirely missed my point. It wasn't about RINOs, neocons, rebels, winning, losing, being civil or anything else but you--and the reasons why people have a much greater tendency to not give a flying fuck about what you have to say. You go way out of your way to defend the atrocious behavior of law enforcement and gov't officials, while being overly-critical if one of us peons should step out of line.

That's why most people here really don't care about your opinion, even if it may be valid in this case. Are you able to tone down the angers long enough to understand the point? Probably not....

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 03:47 PM
bullshit.

Ok what am I missing. They didn't respect Dr. Paul's wishes. And are you saying we don't need other peoples votes to win?

How is this bullshit?

SLutter McGee

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
You, sir, entirely missed my point. It wasn't about RINOs, neocons, rebels, winning, losing, being civil or anything else but you--and the reasons why people have a much greater tendency to not give a flying fuck about what you have to say. You go way out of your way to defend the atrocious behavior of law enforcement and gov't officials, while being overly-critical if one of us peons should step out of line.

That's why most people here really don't care about your opinion, even if it may be valid in this case. Are you able to tone down the angers long enough to understand the point? Probably not....

I know, it is weird that I dont think murdering all police officers is justified, or that all police officers are evil. As far as defending government behavior? I have said many times that the problem with most of this government crap is the cost, future potential for abuse, and loss of liberty that goes with it. I do not, however, believe it is always because of a lack of good intentions. I do not believe that everybody in government is evil. I believe that they are wrong.

My faith is that people can change, and that with the right message, we can help expidite that change. Forgive me if I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 03:56 PM
Politics is divisive by nature...there is simply no stopping situations like this..I mean seriously you put a 1,000s of people who are apposed to each others ideology in the same room..there will be be some friction..Booing will happen..its as simple as that.

I most certainly don't agree with acting like complete idiots..but I wasn't there so I dunno how people were acting.

BUT SERIOUSLY..Donald RUMSFELD getting the DEFENDER of the CONSTITUTION(I'm pretty sure we all have read the same constitution)..thats just offensive.

Almost as bad is getting lectured from DONALD TRUMP about balancing budgets and electability.

georgiaboy
02-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Politics is divisive by nature...there is simply no stopping situations like this..I mean seriously you put a 1,000s of people who are apposed to each others ideology in the same room..there will be be some friction..Booing will happen..its as simple as that.

I most certainly don't agree with acting like complete idiots..but I wasn't there so I dunno how people were acting.

BUT SERIOUSLY..Donald RUMSFELD getting the DEFENDER of the CONSTITUTION(I'm pretty sure we all have read the same constitution)..thats just offensive.

Almost as bad is getting lectured from DONALD TRUMP about balancing budgets and electability.

yeah.

UtahApocalypse
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
I seriously will not be surprised if Ron Paul decides not to run. If his 'supporters' will not respect his wishes, and even worse play right into the media portrayal of us why should he?

I'm disgusted right now and wish I was there to Bitch slap some of you.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 04:02 PM
sigh.....

this sounds very bad. I couldn't see it, I was in a round. I'll have to watch later, but to be honest, at this point I don't even want to look.

amy31416
02-10-2011, 04:03 PM
I know, it is weird that I dont think murdering all police officers is justified, or that all police officers are evil. As far as defending government behavior? I have said many times that the problem with most of this government crap is the cost, future potential for abuse, and loss of liberty that goes with it. I do not, however, believe it is always because of a lack of good intentions. I do not believe that everybody in government is evil. I believe that they are wrong.

My faith is that people can change, and that with the right message, we can help expidite that change. Forgive me if I don't give a flying fuck what you think of me.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Fear not, you didn't shock me with your lack of comprehension and more justification for say, shooting little girls in the head, and how uncouth we are for not addressing such things in a manner that you find acceptable.

And it's not about what I think of you, because I'm not running amok throwing things at people or screaming at them...I'm not your "target" audience.

Good luck spitting and pissing in the wind.

Mrs.Joe
It wasn't all that bad, just some heckles and boo's I have seen much worse. It was toned down as well if you didn't notice. I agree that this isn't going to make us look bad because of the jackass remarks Trump made to it, bad press for him.

__27__
Did it ever occur to you that there may be some other people in the world, even at CPAC, who don't like Rummy and at the same time are not religious readers of this board? For all you know every single person who has ever read this board left the room or sat quietly, while someone cometely unrelated to this board or even Ron decided they wanted to boo. The world does not revolve around you or this board.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Fear not, you didn't shock me with your lack of comprehension and more justification for say, shooting little girls in the head, and how uncouth we are for not addressing such things in a manner that you find acceptable.

And it's not about what I think of you, because I'm not running amok throwing things at people or screaming at them...I'm not your "target" audience.

Good luck spitting and pissing in the wind.

Good luck bringing people to the message of liberty. Praising dead police officers works wonders bring people to Dr. Paul. And I have never justified police shooting little girls in the head. You don't have to like me, but don't put words in my mouth.

Slutter McGee

amy31416
02-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Good luck bringing people to the message of liberty. Praising dead police officers works wonders bring people to Dr. Paul. And I have never justified police shooting little girls in the head. You don't have to like me, but don't put words in my mouth.

Slutter McGee

Mmmhmm. Speaking of which, please quote where I praised dead police officers.

Though admittedly, I'd not criticize someone who went after the cop who shot the little girl, nor would I blame an Iraqi or Afghani who killed troops who murdered his family. And I'm sure you have an issue with that.

Oh, and once again, for another attempt at your comprehension levels--I'm not pimping violence against cops in order to round up support for Dr. Paul. I am trying to point out why very few people here give a rat's ass about what you say in this regard, because of your extensive past of defending the indefensible from any angle you can manage to eke out of a story. In your defense, I don't recall you defending the cop who shot the partially deaf fellow who was whittling--so good job, champ!

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
No I am not there, but that doesn't negate my freedom to say that these people are doing liberty a diservice. Dick Cheney thinks what he did was right? We lambast him, and rightly so.

So even though I like you, I WILL NOT shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Fair enough.

Wouldn't it be better to save the "asshole" epitaph for our "enemies" rather than our brothers in freedom, even if they are doing something you disagree with.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Mmmhmm. Speaking of which, please quote where I praised dead police officers.

Though admittedly, I'd not criticize someone who went after the cop who shot the little girl, nor would I blame an Iraqi or Afghani who killed troops who murdered his family. And I'm sure you have an issue with that.

Oh, and once again, for another attempt at your comprehension levels--I'm not pimping violence against cops in order to round up support for Dr. Paul. I am trying to point out why very few people here give a rat's ass about what you say in this regard, because of your extensive past of defending the indefensible from any angle you can manage to eke out of a story. In your defense, I don't recall you defending the cop who shot the partially deaf fellow who was whittling--so good job, champ!

Why how wise of you. Instead of telling me I am wrong, and explaining why you think I am wrong like a rational person, you feel it necessary to attack my character because you have disagreed with some of my posts in the past.

Then again, who ever said women were rational? I assume you are a woman.

See I can do it also.

Slutter McGee

amy31416
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Why how wise of you. Instead of telling me I am wrong, and explaining why you think I am wrong like a rational person, you feel it necessary to attack my character because you have disagreed with some of my posts in the past.

Then again, who ever said women were rational? I assume you are a woman.

See I can do it also.

Slutter McGee

That made zero sense, as I did explain why I think you're wrong. You blazed out of the gates, having no information, calling people names and condemning them for actions that you are not privy to. How did I attack your character? By pointing out that you often defend the indefensible? That's not me attacking your character, that's me pointing out your lack of character.

Chalk up another win for your comprehension!

newbitech
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Everyone has a different role in the grassroots. Some people are here to shit on the face of people like rummy. Some people are here to wipe it off. Others are here to comment how gross it is. The important thing to remember is that the movement is growing and the shits will just keep getting bigger, the towels will need to be washed, and there are only so many ways to describe how gross it is. We should celebrate the truth being told to these folks faces. Its something they haven't had to deal with in a long time.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Everyone has a different role in the grassroots. Some people are here to shit on the face of people like rummy. Some people are here to wipe it off. Others are here to comment how gross it is. The important thing to remember is that the movement is growing and the shits will just keep getting bigger, the towels will need to be washed, and there are only so many ways to describe how gross it is. We should celebrate the truth being told to these folks faces. Its something they haven't had to deal with in a long time.

+rep

Brown Sapper
02-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I have to agree with the guys that are booing. This was obviously a set up they knew we would be coming full force and would be an easy set up. We have been trying to play nice and fit in for three years now. Has this ever work? The establishment hates us as much as when we first appeared because they know that we are the end to their antics. It's time that we stop looking for their acceptance and start realizing that we are the base. If we can take over CPAC we can win the primaries. Noone gains freedom by being someone's bitch.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 04:39 PM
That made zero sense, as I did explain why I think you're wrong. You blazed out of the gates, having no information, calling people names and condemning them for actions that you are not privy to. How did I attack your character? By pointing out that you often defend the indefensible? That's not me attacking your character, that's me pointing out your lack of character.

Chalk up another win for your comprehension!

My point was pretty simple. I don't defend the indefinsible. But I often try to be a voice of reason when 1. An entire group of people are being condemned for the evil actions of some in those group or 2. There is simply not enough evidence and everyone is jumping to possible erroneous conclusions. My comprehension is fine.

As far as jumping out the gates, I don't care who started the whole thing. Are you arguing that the actions of Paul supporters are not contrary to the wishes of Dr. Paul?

And as far as comprehension goes, you do realize that saying somebody has not character, is an example of attacking somebodies character?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Sola_Fide
02-10-2011, 04:39 PM

I guess it is a good thing feces was not thrown at Rumsfeld...

Flash
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm sure a lot of RP supporters were kicked out after this incident. That means he just lost a few more votes.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 04:40 PM
I have to agree with the guys that are booing. This was obviously a set up they knew we would be coming full force and would be an easy set up. We have been trying to play nice and fit in for three years now. Has this ever work? The establishment hates us as much as when we first appeared because they know that we are the end to their antics. It's time that we stop looking for their acceptance and start realizing that we are the base. If we can take over CPAC we can win the primaries. Noone gains freedom by being someone's bitch.

Being sombodies bitch, and playing the political game are two different things. Case in Point : Rand Paul

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

amy31416
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
My point was pretty simple. I don't defend the indefinsible. But I often try to be a voice of reason when 1. An entire group of people are being condemned for the evil actions of some in those group or 2. There is simply not enough evidence and everyone is jumping to possible erroneous conclusions. My comprehension is fine.

As far as jumping out the gates, I don't care who started the whole thing. Are you arguing that the actions of Paul supporters are not contrary to the wishes of Dr. Paul?

And as far as comprehension goes, you do realize that saying somebody has not character, is an example of attacking somebodies character?

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Now you're just trying to be comical, and failing. You do defend the indefensible, on a regular basis, and if you're so thin-skinned that you think you can do that and cry when someone points out that it's a common character flaw of yours...well, maybe that explains why you have such a tendency towards the bootlicking: a fear so profound that it overwhelms your sense of right and wrong, and leads you to attack others for having the courage that you lack.

Let me have it now that I'm sure I really pissed you off, but I can take it. Try to contemplate someday whether or not there might be a bit of truth in what I say, if you have the cojones.

Brian4Liberty
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/02/10/cpac-2011-whose-bright-idea-was-it-to-put-rumsfeld-and-cheney-in-front-of-screaming-libertarians.aspx

t0rnado
Good luck trying to quell a group of individualist libertarians. Ron Paul knows that his supporters are the most autonomous, free thinking people involved in politics. He just had to sent the email out as damage control.

Lucille
02-10-2011, 04:51 PM
CPAC rules:

Booing Rand Paul when he calls for cuts in military spending = Good.

Booing Cheney for presenting and Rumsfeld for receiving a Defender of the Constitution Award (what a joke) = Bad.

Clear?

Also, Booing Gary Johnson when he calls for an end to the Federal War on Drugs = Good.

Lucille
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/02/10/cpac-2011-whose-bright-idea-was-it-to-put-rumsfeld-and-cheney-in-front-of-screaming-libertarians.aspx

CPAC 2011: Whose Bright Idea Was it to Put Rumsfeld and Cheney in Front of Screaming Libertarians?

Exactly.

paulim
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
After reading the replies to various coverage over the net I'm very encouraged that this will turn out to be great. The people have changed.

Valli6
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM
CPAC rules:
Booing Rand Paul when he calls for cuts in military spending = Good.
Booing Cheney for presenting and Rumsfeld for receiving a Defender of the Constitution Award (what a joke) = Bad.
Clear?
Also, Booing Gary Johnson when he calls for an end to the Federal War on Drugs = Good.
Not to mention - BOOING RON PAUL WHEN HE WINS THE STRAW POLL!!! :mad:

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Now you're just trying to be comical, and failing. You do defend the indefensible, on a regular basis, and if you're so thin-skinned that you think you can do that and cry when someone points out that it's a common character flaw of yours...well, maybe that explains why you have such a tendency towards the bootlicking: a fear so profound that it overwhelms your sense of right and wrong, and leads you to attack others for having the courage that you lack.

Let me have it now that I'm sure I really pissed you off, but I can take it. Try to contemplate someday whether or not there might be a bit of truth in what I say, if you have the cojones.

I actually went back and read some of these comments that are so representative of my character.

I have always been very reserved in my responses to police abuse. I think responses here often go overboard, and that the police force used in some of examples that get posted here are justified.

However, recording police is an issue that is well worth fighting for. And it is absolutely integral to liberty. We must have the power to watch, observe, record, and share the actions of those in positions of authority. Otherwise, liberty is worthless.

This is an issue I personally want to get behind and do something to support.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

In this example of defending police, I support the right to record everything police do.

And those police who beat you...they were representative of the police that have saved my life? Just curious. Because that seems the only goddamn way you can justify an all encompasing statement like " fucking pigs". When you have a Mexican Gang trying to do drive by shootings of your house....why don't you tell those asshole police what you fucking think of them.

Yes, there is a problem with police officers in our society...arresting and beating people for bullshit, instead of protecting our lives and property.

And in this example I differentiate between those who do their jobs and those who abuse those jobs, while accepting that the latter are a major problem

There is only one question. Do the firearms, in their current condition, and in the homes current state, pose a legitimate risk to neighbors...or children (don't know if that is applicable). The presence of firearms alone is not enough. But if a legitimate risk is involved, and I do mean legitimate, then I have no problem with the police holding legally owned firearms.

The problem here is the word "legitimate". Such situations, even if they are legitimate, can open up the door to future abuse. I recognize that.

I am not making a judgement here. Most of the stuff you post is black and white. Gross violations of consitutional rights and liberties. I am just saying that this time, the situation seems a little bit more grey.

Here is an example of me trying to stop people from rushing to judgement without all the facts while recognizing that sometimes the situation is not as black and white as people wish.

I could post a million more.

Brown Sapper
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Have you ever heard that the squeaky wheel gets the grease? Anywho these guys are a paper tiger they have now base and there is no incentive to play their game when we own cpac. This is a perfect time to tell them that they are the minority and its time they start playing nice with us.

Slutter McGee
02-10-2011, 05:05 PM

And you can say whatever you want of my character. I refuse to be a victim. I want to be a winner. That is my character.

Slutter McGee

Sola_Fide
02-10-2011, 05:07 PM
What is Slutter McGee?

Lucille
02-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Not to mention - BOOING RON PAUL WHEN HE WINS THE STRAW POLL!!! :mad:

I forgot about that!

Flash
02-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Yeah it is unfair. But Rand Paul & Ron Paul are winning over people right and left. We shouldn't stoop to their level and start harassing people like they did to us. Especially people who didn't deserve it, ie Trump. We'd turn off a lot more people by doing that.

lester1/2jr
02-10-2011, 05:20 PM
who's the gneius who put rumsfeld and those guys on right before rand?

and why give Rumsfeld an apparently meaningless award? Just because he's promoting his memoirs? It's like the organizers don't even care about this thing

One Last Battle!
02-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Booing Trump was stupid. He wasn't being a douche or anything.

On the other hand, Rumsfeld and Cheney are bastards. The walk-out was a clever idea, and I can't say I have any problems with calling Cheney a war criminal, what with that being the truth.

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Ill tell you this.....this might do more good than harm..Trump is a big name and brings eyes towards what ever he does..eyes that are not normally fixated on things like CPAC & political speeches.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 05:44 PM
Why are punk kids a bad thing? The young in this country are a bunch of punks. Like me. I live in Jersey. Donald Trump will now come up in EVERY discussion I have. So will Ron Paul's name.

amy31416
02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I actually went back and read some of these comments that are so representative of my character.

I could post a million more.

A "million" more cherry-picked comments, where the best you can say is that you concede that us peons should be allowed
to record the cops, and you admit that bad cops are a problem. Yet you won't point to the many, many times you look for any minute detail that justifies a cop murdering someone, and take the cop's side--when it was quite obvious that there were a hundred better ways for a cop to handle a situation that didn't involve him pulling out his gun.

And I could post a "million" examples of that, but I think you might get the point. I understand the tendency to want to keep a low-profile, act "civilized" all the time, and do what they say without question, because maybe then you won't get targeted (and sometimes that is the right choice). If you choose that route all the time, fine--but don't try to insist that that's the best way, that they are "idiots" or assholes or whatever else you like to call people who don't meekly sit back. Those are the people who can change things, for better or for worse, admittedly--while those who toe the line get more of the same.

Anyways, my whole point was why you losing your shit and calling people every name in the book for booing, yelling or speaking up is meaningless next to someone like Cowlesy or some of the other folks who don't encourage that behavior, because they haven't established a reputation like you have around here for being deferent to authority. And for the record, I do think there are better ways to go about making a point than yelling out things during a speech. I much preferred the idea thrown around where our people would go, pack the room and remain absolutely silent, rather than clapping like the usual zombies.

amy31416
02-10-2011, 05:59 PM
And you can say whatever you want of my character. I refuse to be a victim. I want to be a winner. That is my character.

Slutter McGee

Don't worry Slutter, you ARE a winner! Your ma told me so....

Seriously man, don't set yourself up like that. :p

pacelli
02-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Ill tell you this.....this might do more good than harm..Trump is a big name and brings eyes towards what ever he does..eyes that are not normally fixated on things like CPAC & political speeches.

Ding. 10 million bucks says that The Donald endorses Romney.

pacelli
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
What is Slutter McGee?

A winner.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2680/4406561269_c15277d9f6_o.gif

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 06:18 PM
The establishment will never support Ron Paul unless he changes his views. There is no reason to play grab ass with central planners, warmongers, and charlatans. I wouldn't knowingly attend a Rumsfeld speech on a moral stand. I'm not going to give the impression I support his ideology.

If Ron Paul supporters stayed and listened they would have been accepted only on the ground that they had given up principle. Ron Paul sits and listens to crap on capitol hill all day because that is his responsibility. Us, on the otherhand, have no reason to oblige a public display of empty patriotism towards a man who despises the individualism and liberty that once defined this nation.

Walking out is the only thing a principled man can do- and I would scarcely fault someone for a breech of ettiqute in their vocal opposition.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
The establishment will never support Ron Paul unless he changes his views. There is no reason to play grab ass with central planners, warmongers, and charlatans. I wouldn't knowingly attend a Rumsfeld speech on a moral stand. I'm not going to give the impression I support his ideology.

If Ron Paul supporters stayed and listened they would have been accepted only on the ground that they had given up principle. Ron Paul sits and listens to crap on capitol hill all day because that is his responsibility. Us, on the otherhand, have no reason to oblige a public display of empty patriotism towards a man who despises the individualism and liberty that once defined this nation.

Walking out is the only thing a principled man can do- and I would scarcely fault someone for a breech of ettiqute in their vocal opposition.

That is absolute nonsense. Leaving when Rand finished, and not in a showy way, would have just been polite. Politeness is NOT giving up principles.

Or are you saying that both of our polite candidates are without principles? Character INCLUDES politeness.

Badger Paul
02-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Apparently it's okay for Tea Partiers to shout down Democrats in town hall meetings and post You Tubes about it BUT HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT DICK CHENEY!

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I would question what part of it is nonsense- being separate from something with which you disagree.

Do you believe the GOP Establishment will warm to the idea of pulling out of the middle east based upon the polite way in which Ron Paul supporters carry themselves at public events? Will the Establishment reconsider fixing social security and medical coverage via a Wall Street Windfall because of the warmth of our personalities. I have no doubt that on personal, one to one, encounters- the need for civility is absolute. If we are going into the belly of the beast itself, CPAC, then pretending we endorse people like Donald Rumsfeld is an act of compliance that shouldn't be committed.

The candidates agreed to speak, and as such are bound by those agreements. They didn't need to prove a point by leaving because they were given a platform for their opinions. The only form of expression the audience was afforded was to abstain from the charade- and those that did should not be criticized for that action. Would I have shouted? No- because it isn't productive. This is CPAC- its going to be full of chicken hawks, con artists, and snake oil salesmen. If you dont want to be around it don't go. Yelling does nothing. But, that said, I can't blame them too much. Its not often you get to tell a War Criminal that he is one.

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
I would dare to say libertarians don't agree with much..not even each other.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 06:53 PM
That is absolute nonsense. Leaving when Rand finished, and not in a showy way, would have just been polite. Politeness is NOT giving up principles.

Or are you saying that both of our polite candidates are without principles? Character INCLUDES politeness.

Most of the voting public are zombies. Whatever name they here the most they vote for.

Sorry, he's a war criminal. Tough to be polite. And he's crapping on the Constitution for getting an award for defending it.

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 06:55 PM
I would dare to say libertarians don't agree with much..not even each other.

Cat Herding is the best way I have heard it described. People who personalize their beliefs tend to not fit a mold. If you find lots of people who feel exactly the way you do- then your beliefs are probably not your own.

MelissaWV
02-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Most of the voting public are zombies. Whatever name they here the most they vote for.

Sorry, he's a war criminal. Tough to be polite. And he's crapping on the Constitution for getting an award for defending it.

So you're not in this to win. I wonder if that's what it is with so many people? Whatever name the people HEAR most is up to the people who speak the names, true. Are you familiar with the process for winning primaries? Do you realize that no one even liked McCain much when the race began, but as the others "graciously" stepped away, he was what was left? One can try to win, or one can try to be a hero in one's own mind.

No one had to be there. No one had to say a single word while they walked out before the presentation, after the previous speech, to go do something else (like use the bathroom). Instead, people chose to have their moment of muted YouTube calibre fame.

Wow that seems so gosh-darned worth the thousands of dollars people plunked in to send others to CPAC.

micahnelson
02-10-2011, 07:03 PM
So you're not in this to win....Wow that seems so gosh-darned worth the thousands of dollars people plunked in to send others to CPAC.

I'm not questioning your goal Melissa. I know you bust your ass over this stuff. Do you really think that anyone who STILL supports Rumsfeld or Cheney after all we now know about the Iraq war will ever support a non-interventionist? I believe there are many in the republican party outside of the establishment who vote, and might now see Ron Paul's associations as "The people who can't stand Cheney and Rumsfeld." Were they rude? Yes of course, but I don't think it plays as negatively outside of the room as it plays inside.

I think the threat of an independent run is the only reason they tolerate Ron Paul in the party- and this just makes him stronger with the 60 or so Percent of people who vote but aren't party affiliated. It also shows that not all Republicans are Bushies.

TomtheTinker
02-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Before this victory is won some people will be misunderstood and called bad names and dismissed as rabble-rousers and agitators but we shall over come and WE WILL RISE from the fatigue of despair to the buoyancy of hope and THIS WILL BE A GREAT AMERICA and WE WILL be the participants in making so. M.L.K. jr

Same cause..Different tactics..I guess we all cant agree on everything.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 08:10 PM
So you're not in this to win.

Win?

What is "win"?

We "won" in 2010, and how many, as a percentage, of those "anti government" tea partiers voted against Obama and the system to stop PATRIOT Act reauthorization?

14 percent...6 of them.

You know who's "winning"?

The people in the streets of Cairo, who have the worldwide establishment running scared and not knowing what to do next.

Most of the people in Egypt will be dragged along in the wake of the brave ones standing up to government guns in Tahrir Square, because that's how it always is.

That's "revolution".

And it ain't polite, and it ain't a sure thing, and it ain't neat.

If booing and raising a very mild ruckus against a couple of reprehensible characters like Rummy and Cheney is giving everybody vapors, well, stop calling yourself revolutionaries at least.

You (most of us, including me) haven't earned that title.

sailingaway
02-10-2011, 08:12 PM
I'm not questioning your goal Melissa. I know you bust your ass over this stuff. Do you really think that anyone who STILL supports Rumsfeld or Cheney after all we now know about the Iraq war will ever support a non-interventionist? I believe there are many in the republican party outside of the establishment who vote, and might now see Ron Paul's associations as "The people who can't stand Cheney and Rumsfeld." Were they rude? Yes of course, but I don't think it plays as negatively outside of the room as it plays inside.

I think the threat of an independent run is the only reason they tolerate Ron Paul in the party- and this just makes him stronger with the 60 or so Percent of people who vote but aren't party affiliated. It also shows that not all Republicans are Bushies.

A whole ton of people who have no vested interest in them but don't like people who are impolite were turned off. People go to see someone famous. Those guys are famous. OUR guys were rude.

newbitech
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Booing Trump was stupid. He wasn't being a douche or anything.

On the other hand, Rumsfeld and Cheney are bastards. The walk-out was a clever idea, and I can't say I have any problems with calling Cheney a war criminal, what with that being the truth.

People boo things they don't like and cheer things they like. With all the Ron Paul supporters in the crowd, I'd be disappointed to not hear the boos when this guy dissed our candidate. Do you have any idea how many of us out here there really are who would have gone and done the exact same thing? If you are worried about this, then freaking good! BOOOO you! Hows that feel?

Jeremy
02-10-2011, 08:52 PM
People did not follow this today.

JK/SEA
02-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Blowback. Ron gets dissed by NEO-TEA-O-CONS, and then well, you get what we had here today. Get over it. The REVOLUTION continues whether you like it or not. Sometimes it ain't purdy. Yeah, Ron 'wanted' civility...or did he?... I call this a win today.

Chieppa1
02-10-2011, 09:05 PM
So you're not in this to win. I wonder if that's what it is with so many people? Whatever name the people HEAR most is up to the people who speak the names, true. Are you familiar with the process for winning primaries? Do you realize that no one even liked McCain much when the race began, but as the others "graciously" stepped away, he was what was left? One can try to win, or one can try to be a hero in one's own mind..

Okay, here it is. Deep down, inside. Do you really think the GOP will give Ron Paul the nomination? I said before I won't have said anything, I wouldn't have been there. But I understand it.

Which states will Ron Paul now lose because we booed Cheney and Rumsfeld? We win primaries with Independents. Like I was in 08. Rude? Yes. Page grabbing? Yes.

Us versus Them for the souls of the GOP zombie voters isn't going to work. We need to build up the "Us". I'm telling you, the situation in the Middle East have the Neo-Con base back in form. I'm trying to get the people who don't even WATCH MSM because politics bore them. Every time they complain about the system screwing them out of freedom and their money, I point to Ron Paul. Its not about politics then, its a personal thing. It works, it really does.

You can play their game, or change it. Have fun playing their game, wasting another primary season if we are just going to convince the unconvertible.

torchbearer
02-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Okay, here it is. Deep down, inside. Do you really think the GOP will give Ron Paul the nomination? I said before I won't have said anything, I wouldn't have been there. But I understand it.

Which states will Ron Paul now lose because we booed Cheney and Rumsfeld? We win primaries with Independents. Like I was in 08. Rude? Yes. Page grabbing? Yes.

Us versus Them for the souls of the GOP zombie voters isn't going to work. We need to build up the "Us". I'm telling you, the situation in the Middle East have the Neo-Con base back in form. I'm trying to get the people who don't even WATCH MSM because politics bore them. Every time they complain about the system screwing them out of freedom and their money, I point to Ron Paul. Its not about politics then, its a personal thing. It works, it really does.

You can play their game, or change it. Have fun playing their game, wasting another primary season if we are just going to convince the unconvertible.

sometimes, i think that even if ron did get a majority of delegates for the RNC, they'd just cancel it.

Anti Federalist
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
sometimes, i think that even if ron did get a majority of delegates for the RNC, they'd just cancel it.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

puppetmaster
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Ron Paul will win not by winning over the neocons...he will win by being an outsider and bringing in the non voters as they get pissed off enough to pay attention. I think that these actions will eventually be a benefit.....so I applaud any form of anti bullshit! A revolution does not evolve from the sheeple it comes from the passionate minority......

Slutter McGee
02-11-2011, 08:42 AM
A "million" more cherry-picked comments, where the best you can say is that you concede that us peons should be allowed
to record the cops, and you admit that bad cops are a problem. Yet you won't point to the many, many times you look for any minute detail that justifies a cop murdering someone, and take the cop's side--when it was quite obvious that there were a hundred better ways for a cop to handle a situation that didn't involve him pulling out his gun.

And I could post a "million" examples of that, but I think you might get the point. I understand the tendency to want to keep a low-profile, act "civilized" all the time, and do what they say without question, because maybe then you won't get targeted (and sometimes that is the right choice). If you choose that route all the time, fine--but don't try to insist that that's the best way, that they are "idiots" or assholes or whatever else you like to call people who don't meekly sit back. Those are the people who can change things, for better or for worse, admittedly--while those who toe the line get more of the same.

Anyways, my whole point was why you losing your shit and calling people every name in the book for booing, yelling or speaking up is meaningless next to someone like Cowlesy or some of the other folks who don't encourage that behavior, because they haven't established a reputation like you have around here for being deferent to authority. And for the record, I do think there are better ways to go about making a point than yelling out things during a speech. I much preferred the idea thrown around where our people would go, pack the room and remain absolutely silent, rather than clapping like the usual zombies.

You mistake me recognizing that not all situations are black and white with being deferent to authority. When the actual facts come out pointing to abuse of authority I am right there with everybody else. The difference is that I like to wait for those facts to develop instead of jumping to conclusions based on my own preconcieved notions like you and most everyone here.

I don't like most police. But I refuse to judge an entire group of people based on some people in that group. Perhaps that is because I believe in individualism rather than collectivism. So when somebody makes a comment about turning all pigs into food for McDonalds, I tend to tell them they are acting like chilidish pedomorphic angst filled teenagers.

As far as those comments being cherry picked, they were. I purposely picked comments that highlighted my feelings towards police and ones that I defended them in.

So if you think that I am ignored because I am deferent to athority, I submit that I am ignored because I think rationally.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

lester1/2jr
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
lotta babies whining on twitter. Sorry we cuoldn't bring ourselves to salute Rumsfled and cheney. if it's any consolation whoever yelled at them might have just saved the GOP from total irrelevence.

Orgoonian
02-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Win?

What is "win"?

We "won" in 2010, and how many, as a percentage, of those "anti government" tea partiers voted against Obama and the system to stop PATRIOT Act reauthorization?

14 percent...6 of them.

You know who's "winning"?

The people in the streets of Cairo, who have the worldwide establishment running scared and not knowing what to do next.

Most of the people in Egypt will be dragged along in the wake of the brave ones standing up to government guns in Tahrir Square, because that's how it always is.

That's "revolution".

And it ain't polite, and it ain't a sure thing, and it ain't neat.

If booing and raising a very mild ruckus against a couple of reprehensible characters like Rummy and Cheney is giving everybody vapors, well, stop calling yourself revolutionaries at least.

You (most of us, including me) haven't earned that title.

Huzzah!

nathanmn
02-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I seriously will not be surprised if Ron Paul decides not to run. If his 'supporters' will not respect his wishes, and even worse play right into the media portrayal of us why should he?

I'm disgusted right now and wish I was there to Bitch slap some of you.

Yeah, if Ron Paul was on the fence about running I could certainly see something like this tipping the scales and making him decide to not run. If I was Ron Paul I certainly wouldn't want people acting like that and embarrassing the hell out of me... especially after I specifically asked them not to.

Personally I think a mass walk out would have shown what RP people thought of Cheney/Rumseld without being disrespectful. Do we want people yelling out disrespectful things at our candidates while they try to talk? Respect is a 2 way street, and we sure as hell aren't earning it acting like that. In CPAC we are essentially in their house... and we should act like it.

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah, if Ron Paul was on the fence about running I could certainly see something like this tipping the scales and making him decide to not run. If I was Ron Paul I certainly wouldn't want people acting like that and embarrassing the hell out of me... especially after I specifically asked them not to.

Personally I think a mass walk out would have shown what RP people thought of Cheney/Rumseld without being disrespectful. Do we want people yelling out disrespectful things at our candidates while they try to talk? Respect is a 2 way street, and we sure as hell aren't earning it acting like that. In CPAC we are essentially in their house... and we should act like it.

Right.

And I suspect some agitating might well not have the Paul's best interest as candidates in mind. Some have too far given up on the political front, and just want notoriety of ideas, whether positive or not while others of us are trying to work within the system, as Dr. Paul asked. There are also those in this world who just want to break windows -- and there are plants to stir things up and make people look bad like the pretend racists sent to Rand rallies. Disassociate from bad behavior would be my suggestion.

Immediately after Rumsfield and Cheney were booed Rumsfield was using his position as 'sympathetic victim' to say military spending should not be touched. They are masters of this stuff.

SilentBull
02-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Right.

And I suspect some agitating might well not have the Paul's best interest as candidates in mind. There are those in this world who just want to break windows -- and there are plants to stir things up and make people look bad like the pretend racists sent to Rand rallies. Disassociate from bad behavior would be my suggestions.

Yeah, the truth is some supporters just saw an opportunity in this movement to be against the world. If Libertarianism were accepted by the majority tomorrow, they would become Communists the day after; just so they can yell and pretend to be "revolutionaries".

Inkblots
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Just saw this on Twitter - it's the impression Ron Paul was trying to avoid:

"I appreciate the Ron Paul forces here at #cpac11, but must they shout and make fools of themselves at every foreign policy panel?"

Sigh. Rude behavior can turn off people who might otherwise be sympathetic to Ron's message.

Captain Shays
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM

I want to win too.

Captain Shays
02-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Apparently it's okay for Tea Partiers to shout down Democrats in town hall meetings and post You Tubes about it BUT HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE TELLS THE TRUTH ABOUT DICK CHENEY!

There is a time and a place Dude. That wasn't the time or the place to act that way

sailingaway
02-12-2011, 02:11 PM
bump

lester1/2jr
02-12-2011, 02:12 PM
I totally disagree. If people had sat there and clapped for Cheney and rumsfled it would have been a blow to our legitimacy. There are limits to politeness and those guys do not deserve polite claps.

lester1/2jr
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Inkblots- those same poeple are tweeting how awesome Pat Boones speech is. You can't please everyone.

SilentBull
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I totally disagree. If people had sat there and clapped for Cheney and rumsfled it would have been a blow to our legitimacy. There are limits to politeness and those guys do not deserve polite claps.

But who is saying they should have clapped? They could have left quietly.

driller80545
02-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Someone should have thrown their shoes at them!

Captain Shays
02-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Someone should have thrown their shoes at them!

Or dragged them out by their ears

Anti Federalist
02-12-2011, 02:33 PM

That was discussed, and shot down as being too "rude" as well.

So I guess the only options were to not show up, or sit politely and eat shit.

driller80545
02-12-2011, 02:37 PM

ha, you do have a way with words.

Inkblots
02-12-2011, 02:40 PM
I think some folks in the Liberty movement would benefit from reading How to Win Friends and Influence People.

low preference guy
02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
I think some folks in the Liberty movement would benefit from reading How to Win Friends and Influence People.

I read that book. How to be a pushover would've also been a great title.

low preference guy
02-12-2011, 04:06 PM

agree.

MelissaWV
02-12-2011, 04:50 PM

Nah. If you refer to me with that one, I didn't say staying and keeping silent was rude... so much as potentially counterproductive. If 200 people decided to stay and sit silently (round number), that would certainly have made Rummy's "ceremony" look fuller than it normally would have. Sitting quietly isn't rude, nor is leaving before the thing begins. The only way it could be rude is if someone genuinely cared, and you were taking up their seat to glare a hole through the speakers' heads.

Anti Federalist
02-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Nah. If you refer to me with that one, I didn't say staying and keeping silent was rude... so much as potentially counterproductive. If 200 people decided to stay and sit silently (round number), that would certainly have made Rummy's "ceremony" look fuller than it normally would have. Sitting quietly isn't rude, nor is leaving before the thing begins. The only way it could be rude is if someone genuinely cared, and you were taking up their seat to glare a hole through the speakers' heads.

Nah, not directed at you personally.

I do recall some who were complaining that even getting up and walking out in silent protest was unacceptably rude as well.

The whole thing is just a rhubarb anyways, the media is already downplaying and censoring the win.