PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Tea Party movement

hrdman2luv
02-08-2011, 01:53 PM
I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP. People knew that if the republicans, that helped destroy the economy during the Bush years, returned to DC, that there would be no change. I think we all knew they republicans would regain the majority someday soon. But didn't want to see the same big spending, big regulating republicans.

After all, if the republicans had done a half way decent job from 2001 to 2007, there would have been no need for a more conservative movement.

Am I right about this?

Request. Please keep the focus of this thread on the republican party. I think we all know the disfunction of the democrat party.

dude58677
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP. People knew that if the republicans, that helped destroy the economy during the Bush years, returned to DC, that there would be no change. I think we all knew they republicans would regain the majority someday soon. But didn't want to see the same big spending, big regulating republicans.

After all, if the republicans had done a half way decent job from 2001 to 2007, there would have been no need for a more conservative movement.

Am I right about this?

Request. Please keep the focus of this thread on the republican party. I think we all know the disfunction of the democrat party.

That sounds about right.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Ron Paul grass roots co-opted truther Tea Parties.
Republicans co-opted Ron Paul grass roots Tea Parties.

FrankRep
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I've always thought that the Tea Party movement was started in opposition of the GOP.

That is incorrect. The Tea Party movement was revived to restore and promote the Constitution. Both political parties were violating the Constitution.

fisharmor
02-08-2011, 02:21 PM
It doesn't matter so much why it was started.
It currently exists in order to promote the faux conservative platform, which is state intervention abroad.
We can have the federal government meddle abroad or meddle at home, but we can't do both.
So it's pretty much just about reversing GWB's novel idea of using the meddling abroad as justification for meddling at home.

Anti Federalist
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Ron Paul grass roots co-opted truther Tea Parties.
Republicans co-opted Ron Paul grass roots Tea Parties.

That.

hrdman2luv
02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
It doesn't matter so much why it was started.

I think it matters a lot. Because what we all ended up with, was a bunch of neocons masquerading as tea party supporters. (IE Glenn Beck, Rick Perry and Sarah Palin). And what we acheived was allowing the populous to believe that there wasn't much difference between the tea party movement and the republican party. We all know there is a huge difference. But "WE", the few who were part of the first grassroots Ron Paul revolution, weren't enough to sway the votes towards actual tea party candidates.

It currently exists in order to promote the faux conservative platform, which is state intervention abroad.
We can have the federal government meddle abroad or meddle at home, but we can't do both.
So it's pretty much just about reversing GWB's novel idea of using the meddling abroad as justification for meddling at home.

Personally, I don't believe the government should be medlling abroad or at home.. This leads to too much government control.. Not to mention the price tag of all this intervention..

Being a truck driver, I'm under even more regulations and scrutiny, just because of things like the Patriot Act. In which most tea party supporters understand just how unconstitutional it. Not to mention, things like the CSA 2010, that logs every violation I'm awarded with for up to 3 years. And give me and the company I drive for, points that could reflect bad on me and the company. Even if the violation was uncontrollable.. Like blowing a tire or a light burned out.

This is one reason I'm not a republican anymore. Because they support things like this. And several of the tea party supporting neocons that got elected, don't care about the freedoms, liberties and rights of American conservatives, as long as they get elected.

Sorry for the rant. I'm doing my taxes right now, and I'm looking at all the miles I could have driven if it we'ren't for the regulations that surpress my wages. Things like the log book, that says I can only drive 11 hours a day. And am forced to shut down, even if I'm wide awake.

Tonewah
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The Tea Party event was held to kickoff the rEVOLution. What we have now would be more like if the British decided to infiltrate the rebels and started having tea parties in Boston harbor all the time to placate the rebellion. Time to move on to the rEVOLution.

Elwar
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The modern day Tea Party movement was started here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?260559-How-the-Tea-Party-movement-came-to-be

brandon
02-08-2011, 03:38 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?260559-How-the-Tea-Party-movement-came-to-be

This

hrdman2luv
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Thank you sooo much.. I had known that Ron Paul supporters were responsible.. But I've never been able to prove it to the neocons. The date on this is very helpfull. Thank you again.

DamianTV
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
That is incorrect. The Tea Party movement was revived to restore and promote the Constitution. Both political parties were violating the Constitution.

+rep