PDA

View Full Version : Williams-Farmer releases internal poll saying they have 37-point lead in GOP primary

RonPaulFanInGA
02-08-2011, 11:00 AM
http://politics.mycn2.com/2011/02/07/williams-farmer-releases-internal-poll-saying-they-have-37-point-lead-in-gop-primary/

The Republican gubernatorial slate of Senate President David Williams and Agricultural Commissioner Richie Farmer released an internal poll 2011 showing their ticket ahead in the three-way Republican primary with 47% of support from respondents.

That would give the pair a 37-point lead over their next competitor, the ticket of Jefferson County Clerk Bobbie Holsclaw and her running mate, Bill Vermillion, who received 10%, the Williams-Farmer campaign released to reporters Monday.

Louisville businessman Phil Moffett and his lieutenant governor candidate — state Rep. Mike Harmon — garnered support from 9% of those polled, according to the memo.

Ouch.

TheTyke
02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Yeah, like Grayson was tied with Rand according to internal polls, and Conway also.... internals are nothing but PR.

Heaven help us if we actually nominated someone who is against property rights (statewide smoking ban) and for putting KY billions in debt (to name a few of his misdeeds.) What a disappointment that would be after Rand's election...

MRoCkEd
02-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Moffett is clearly the better candidate but his campaign looks all but over.

TheTyke
02-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Moffett is clearly the better candidate but his campaign looks all but over.

Hardly... it's an internal manipulation poll released for the precise strategic goal of making people think that. Moffett is missing 2 key things that could still pull out a win and give us great states rights governor: 1) Money, 2) The campaign innovation of sharp folks like TruthIsTreason.

TheDriver
02-08-2011, 01:00 PM
http://politics.mycn2.com/2011/02/07/williams-farmer-releases-internal-poll-saying-they-have-37-point-lead-in-gop-primary/

Ouch.

I don't believe this poll, but I do agree that Moffett is somewhere between 10% and 20% and within danger of losing support because of the new candidate, who happens to be a woman, and women will tend to attract a strong percentage of any vote these days in the GOP (Palin effect).

But the obvious reason the poll is a sham: it's a no-name polling company. Why not hire a reputable polling company, if you're going public with it?

However, imo, Moffett is all but done, unless major noise is made, and made soon!

I'm afraid ever election is different, and it will take those who are professionals at "bobbing and weaving" to make the noise needed to win elections.

Perhaps instead of blaming the candidate or campaign manager, it could be this candidate needed more staff that Rand Paul did, and perhaps more creativity. It's been a tough year to try and sell politics, it seems like the 2010 election sucked so much energy out of the room, the atmosphere was tough to navigate, which is perfect for a party-loyalist, but not a first-time candidate.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of a campaign strategy unfold for Moffett. He makes appearances at mainly GOP events (that hardly anyone attends), and release a few statements about no certain issue from time to time, but what's his message? Why hasn't he defined Williams as the career-politicians he is? Why hasn't he found issues, that will sell, that pit him against Williams, and then stuck to them?

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Yeah, like Grayson was tied with Rand according to internal polls, and Conway also.... internals are nothing but PR.

Heaven help us if we actually nominated someone who is against property rights (statewide smoking ban) and for putting KY billions in debt (to name a few of his misdeeds.) What a disappointment that would be after Rand's election...

Moffett opposes Medical Marijuana and Legalized Gambling..... so, that makes him against property rights.

Sola_Fide
02-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Bama,

Do you have a source for Moffett opposing medical marijuana? Thanks.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Bama,

Do you have a source for Moffett opposing medical marijuana? Thanks.

David Adams mouth when I asked. Also opposed gambling.

Sola_Fide
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
David Adams mouth when I asked. Also opposed gambling.

Hmmm. That's disheartening. Thanks.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Hmmm. That's disheartening. Thanks.

It's the only reason I am not supporting Moffett. Being pro hemp farming is easy. Standing for liberty is not.

I want a Governor who understands it.... I'm waiting for Kentucky's Governor Johnson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFeh7DHHbkI

Thargok
02-08-2011, 07:38 PM
A trained monkey could run Moffett's campaign better, there is nothing else to say about it.

imprimis
02-08-2011, 08:19 PM
Moffett opposes Medical Marijuana and Legalized Gambling..... so, that makes him against property rights.

I don't remember Rand openly supporting medical marijuana or gambling? He won by getting the Baptist support, not running them off.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't remember Rand openly supporting medical marijuana or gambling? He won by getting the Baptist support, not running them off.

One, Mr. 8 posts, it's Senator Paul. Two, he said many times it's a states issue. Getting "Baptists" support? How about supporting Liberty and having a strong stance of lifelong beliefs is why he won. Not pandering to a group of people. That's the difference. Legit real belief and those who are trying to get elected.

imprimis
02-08-2011, 10:31 PM
One, Mr. 8 posts, it's Senator Paul. Two, he said many times it's a states issue. Getting "Baptists" support? How about supporting Liberty and having a strong stance of lifelong beliefs is why he won. Not pandering to a group of people. That's the difference. Legit real belief and those who are trying to get elected.

So sorry for the disrespect, Mr 5,168 post with no life. Just how many elections have You won? I was just as involved in Rands election as you were, so stop beating your chest.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2011, 11:01 PM
So sorry for the disrespect, Mr 5,168 post with no life. Just how many elections have You won? I was just as involved in Rands election as you were, so stop beating your chest.

I don't know. I was staff on the campaign that won every county in the 6th district for US Congress. You know, something that hadn't been done in..... ever.

I also bring up your lack of participation because we have what is known as "trolls."

You are also right, I have no life... that's why I blog. I do make a pretty good chunk of change with another website but, point still stands. Daughter of 2 year old that had medical problems (thus couldn't leave the house much) means I don't have much of an "outside" life.

imprimis
02-09-2011, 06:38 AM
I don't know. I was staff on the campaign that won every county in the 6th district for US Congress. You know, something that hadn't been done in..... ever.

I also bring up your lack of participation because we have what is known as "trolls."

You are also right, I have no life... that's why I blog. I do make a pretty good chunk of change with another website but, point still stands. Daughter of 2 year old that had medical problems (thus couldn't leave the house much) means I don't have much of an "outside" life.

Bama, I offer my sincerest apologies. It is not my character to be judgmental or harsh.
I wish all our candidates could be like Rand too. Again, Sorry

BamaFanNKy
02-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Bama, I offer my sincerest apologies. It is not my character to be judgmental or harsh.
I wish all our candidates could be like Rand too. Again, Sorry

Ah hell, don't be. I don't harbor ill will to people on here. We all are passionate. BTW, my daughter is now completely fine and the election of Senator Paul is over.... so I don't really post as much (not much less either).