PDA

View Full Version : Attention, Ron Paul Supporters (Life is *REALLY* Not Fair).

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
RedState silences members from talking about Ron Paul (no link because I don't think they're worth dignifying with web traffic):

Effective immediately, new users may *not* shill for Ron Paul in any way shape, form or fashion. Not in comments, not in diaries, nada. If your account is less than 6 months old, you can talk about something else, you can participate in the other threads and be your zany libertarian self all you want, but you cannot pimp Ron Paul. Those with accounts more than six months old may proceed as normal.

Now, I could offer a long-winded explanation for *why* this new policy is being instituted, but I'm guessing that most of you can probably guess. Unless you lack the self-awareness to understand just how annoying, time-consuming, and bandwidth-wasting responding to the same idiotic arguments from a bunch of liberals pretending to be Republicans can be. Which, judging by your comment history, you really don't understand, so allow me to offer an alternate explanation: we are a bunch of fascists and we're upset that you've discovered where we keep the black helicopters, so we're silencing you in an attempt to keep you from warning the rest of your brethren so we can round you all up and send you to re-education camps all at once.

Hey, we're sure *some* of Ron Paul's supporters really are Republicans. They can post at any one of a zillion Ron Paul online forums. Those who have *earned* our respect by contributing usefully for a substantial period of time will be listened to with appropriate respect. Those who have not will have to *earn* that respect by contributing usefully in the other threads... and not mentioning Ron Paul. Given a month of solid contributing, send one of us an email and we'll consider lifting the restriction on your account.

You may now resume your regularly scheduled RedState activities. Everyone but the Ron Paul spammers, that is. You can resume your regularly scheduled activities somewhere else.

P.S. Comments to this post are closed. Complaints may be directed to the contact form.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
thats why the 2nd amendment was meant to be the "equalizer".

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow!

koob
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
i'm confused?

???

Paul4Prez
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
This post today highlighted Ron Paul's pro-freedom, conservative responses at the debate last night:

http://www.redstate.com/blogs/drd6000/2007/oct/22/ron_paul_at_the_debate_a_real_republican_speaks

It received 211 responses, starting with one titled: "Moderators -- Can this crap be closed. Please?"

Someone else pointed out that the diaries still allow members to promote Republican candidates for President.

I guess they are afraid of a Ron Paul takeover, given the greater number of Ron Paul supporters.

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
I think what it really is, is for us to get his Name out. Sites like this do not understand the magnitude and brainwashing that ensues with MSM, so to them --- we are spamming but in reality, we are looking for an equal voice.

I still do NOT understand HOW Ron Paul is considered Liberal.. I just DO NOT get it.. he is the LEAST LIBERAL. Why is this being propagaded... what gives..

What issue of Ron Paul's is liberal? The War..? huh! His views on the states should decide marriage..what???? Have the government deal with it IS liberal.. arghh

EvilTwinkie
10-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Wierd how the party that is supposed to be for individual liberty doesnt think much of free speech.

EvilTwinkie
10-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Liberal apparently = "everything I disagree with"

Last I checked, each party had its liberal, moderate and conservative types.

Apparently, like Bill O'reilly, they don't want a history lesson. They might find out that they are the liberals.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
there is only 3 things that may make these people think ron is liberal (all of which are their not actually understanding the constitution!!!)

non-interventionist
no federal drug laws
no federal marriage laws

also ending agencies that go beyond the Article 1 section 8 powers....(they just don't get that )

Sean
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
RedState is full of the big government types that like discuss facts through name calling. These are the same people that probably thought Reagan was crazy and then 20 years later claim to be with him all along. Kind of like Romney.

slantedview
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
there is only 3 things that may make these people think ron is liberal (all of which are their not actually understanding the constitution!!!)

Really, they're just pissy that he's not a neo-con. It's like the republican party never existed before the neocons shows up, eh?

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 08:08 PM
yeah, I just went over there and the big buzzword is "islofascists" or something like that.. just another "hate term" to wage war against.

That site is owned by eagle publishing, same company that owns human events... so go figure.

I am part of a republican meetup in Los Angeles, and this is the SAME bologne they are issuing.. this new agenda of bomb muslims and islofascism and terror and all of that... it is REALLY WEIRD... Its like the neocons have hijacked the party fully...

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
If it's only people who've only had an account for 6 months or less, given the extreme influx of interest and involvement in (especially) the republican party, it'll keep their website from being flooded by us.

rs3515
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
First and foremost I think it's the non-interventionist position that draws the ire of Red State. I've never visited their website before today, and the general theme I got was a bunch of guys with small you-know-whats looking to convince themselves they're more important than they are. (I'd use another term involving a circle, but trying to keep this a family forum. :)) I saw one who has the tagline on his messages, "diplomacy is the same as saying 'nice doggie' while you look for a rock". Nice attitude Cro-Magnon.

TruckinMike
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
From their perspective--- Ron Paul = military hating democrats because of the like rhetoric that rp supporters exude. Stop the WAR.... stop the torture... we are murdering thousands blah blah blah. And The attention getting 6o's esque "revolution" sign. And The anti-war, anti-Bush chants and speech...

If a big furry creature came and bit off your right leg... then an hour later another big furry creature... that looks similar, comes along. You would think it was going to eat your other leg.

We need to NOT look like flaming libs! They are NOT listening to the message... they only see lots of fur. They are in they're fight or flight mode... in this state, they are not capable of rational thought.

We need to take the lib masks' off.

And stick with the hard cold issues. Taxes, constitution, etc. without attacking bush... lead by example and don't use left wing "SOUNDING" rhetoric. Even though you may agree with it..change it to make it sound like it came from a constitutional conservative.

TruckinMike

mavtek
10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
F' em!

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 08:31 PM

TruckinMike

That could be a BIG BIG problem truckinMike. it should be about PAUL not us.

the problem is that for many it IS NOT A MASK.

The conservatives don't believe for a minute for example that "medical marajuana" is about "medicine" for one minute....all they have to do is look at who has supported that for years. (no matter whether the law is constitutional or not there is a stereotype that is "generally" accurate. Paul has good intentions and a compass....I don't have the same confidence in many of the "supporters" who have their own agendas.

Paul the man (for the job) needs to be the focus and HIS ideas on their own merits (but people are not that objective).

Tidewise
10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
It's very simple: ignore Red State. As the parent post said, don't dignify them with web traffic. They offer little more than ad hominem attacks on those opposed to the neocon agenda.

Dary
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
The conservatives don't believe for a minute for example that "medical marajuana" is about "medicine"

It doesn't matter what they believe or don’t believe about medical marijuana.

The issue is states rights.

Conservatives are for states rights are they not?

If a state passes a medical marijuana law and some so-called conservative in Washington refuses to recognize that states right to pass that law then they are NOT conservative.

They are Neo-Cons.

Huckabee is a Neo-Con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtprTFgcdAI

Paul4Prez
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
We need to NOT look like flaming libs! They are NOT listening to the message... they only see lots of fur. They are in they're fight or flight mode... in this state, they are not capable of rational thought.

And stick with the hard cold issues. Taxes, constitution, etc. without attacking bush... lead by example and don't use left wing "SOUNDING" rhetoric. Even though you may agree with it..change it to make it sound like it came from a constitutional conservative.

TruckinMike

The post that put them over the top was one explaining how Ron Paul is conservative, and adheres to conservative values more than the other candidates.

It really is all about the war for them -- they talk about freedom and liberty and the Constitution, but they don't mean any of it.

Johncjackson
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
" Hey, we're sure *some* Red-Staters are actually Republicans. They can keep supporting fake Republicans and help elect Hillary Clinton."