PDA

View Full Version : Fined on a Monthly Basis for Being Healthy and not taking Prescrip. Meds

Joey Fuller
02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
"Where were all my good Republican representatives when the senior drug bill was passed during the Bush Administration? Everyone over 65, and drawing Social Security, with no drug insurance had to buy into a drug plan, or be fined. I was 3 months late in joining the plan, because I do not take any medicine.

There is a fine taken out of my Social Security check every month, and will be for the rest of my life. I am being fined for being healthy.

I am on a fixed income, and still have to buy into the plan every month. Let's make sure everyone stays healthy, so the insurance companies can make more money."
-This is an excerpt from the Tennessean Newspaper Editorial Section, author R.S.
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2011/02/medicare-part-d.html

Joey Fuller
02-08-2011, 09:24 AM
more info on SCHIP, Medicare Part D, and Socialized Medicine from the Repubs and Dems:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/health-care/3409-republican-hypocrisy-on-obamacare

tangent4ronpaul
02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Ah - so just scam your doc into Rx'ing you some happy pills to sell to the drug dealer down the street to recover your money.

Isn't it GREAT how the free market can route around this BS? :D

Isn't it amazing how regularly and thoroughly Congress can fuck up?

-t

jmdrake
02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Good find! The Bush prescription drug plan was nothing but a sell out to big pharma. People were starting to buy RX drugs cheaper from other countries. We can't have globalism actually help consumers oh no! The same is true for AIDS drugs for Africa. Bush rolled that plan out right when countries like South Africa were threatening to make their own generic versions of AIDS drugs. The government could drastically reduce the cost of healthcare simply by changing the patent laws. Offer to pharma "fasttrack" approval for certain drugs where they don't have to go through so many FDA hoops in exchange for cutting the patent life for those drugs in half. Or just kill the FDA and the patent office outright.

tangent4ronpaul
02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Good find! The Bush prescription drug plan was nothing but a sell out to big pharma. People were starting to buy RX drugs cheaper from other countries. We can't have globalism actually help consumers oh no! The same is true for AIDS drugs for Africa. Bush rolled that plan out right when countries like South Africa were threatening to make their own generic versions of AIDS drugs. The government could drastically reduce the cost of healthcare simply by changing the patent laws. Offer to pharma "fasttrack" approval for certain drugs where they don't have to go through so many FDA hoops in exchange for cutting the patent life for those drugs in half. Or just kill the FDA and the patent office outright.

India patents the synthesis, we patent the molecule. That's why NGO's love to buy drugs from India and Indian drugs that are still under US patent are banned in this country.

-t

jmdrake
02-08-2011, 02:31 PM
India patents the synthesis, we patent the molecule. That's why NGO's love to buy drugs from India and Indian drugs that are still under US patent are banned in this country.

-t

I didn't know about India. Thanks for the tip! I found this information through a search. http://www.avert.org/generic.htm

I think the message that following a more libertarian view on intellectual property could dramatically cut healthcare costs is an idea we need to hammer home in the upcoming election.

DamianTV
02-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Buying drugs or insurance does not a healthy man make.

dean.engelhardt
02-09-2011, 07:18 AM
"Where were all my good Republican representatives when the senior drug bill was passed during the Bush Administration? Everyone over 65, and drawing Social Security, with no drug insurance had to buy into a drug plan, or be fined. I was 3 months late in joining the plan, because I do not take any medicine.

There is a fine taken out of my Social Security check every month, and will be for the rest of my life. I am being fined for being healthy.

I am on a fixed income, and still have to buy into the plan every month. Let's make sure everyone stays healthy, so the insurance companies can make more money."
-This is an excerpt from the Tennessean Newspaper Editorial Section, author R.S.
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2011/02/medicare-part-d.html

Paying a monthly fine for the rest of his life for being three months late buying insurance! Good case of civil rights violation under the eight amendment. "Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Eryxis
02-09-2011, 08:18 AM
First, I'm not defending Part D, it's an atrocity. I'm a pharmacist and it's probably one of the worst things to happen to my business. However, the "fine" they're talking about is not lifelong. It's if you enroll in a part D plan late (which you are not required to have a part D plan as far as I can tell), and it applies for the rest of the year to "offset" the unpaid premiums for the months you weren't enrolled in the plan. Again, Part D sucks, but it's surely not forced upon old folks, however, why would they not take it, it's free money for them. You should see the shit storm every oct-dec when people get into the doughnut hole which is the ONLY cost saving measure in the whole damn thing. "WHAT MY FREE MONEY IS GONE FROM THE GUVMENT? THIS IS HORRIBLE THAT I SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR MEDICINE!!!"

speciallyblend
02-09-2011, 08:29 AM
f the system get some drugs and sell it!! They are basically asking you to or they will fine you!!