PDA

View Full Version : Obama to CEOs: Ask what you can do for America

YumYum
02-08-2011, 05:38 AM
This is proof that it is the private sector that will bring about recovery, not the government. He is begging the CEO's to do the job he promised that he would do. The CEO's are worried about the bottom line and keeping their jobs, not about saving America. If Obama had worked in the real world he would be aware of how the system works.

Obama to Chamber of Commerce: `Ask what you can do for America,' not just for bottom line

im Kuhnhenn, Associated Press, On Monday February 7, 2011, 5:31 pm EST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Echoing John F. Kennedy, President Barack Obama prodded business leaders Monday to "ask yourselves what you can do for America," not just for company bottom lines, even as he sought to smooth his uneasy relations with the nation's corporate executives.

Speaking to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the president urged the business community to help accelerate the slow economic recovery by increasing hiring and unleashing some of the $2 trillion piling up on their balance sheets.

"I want to encourage you to get in the game," Obama said.

read more: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-to-CEOs-Ask-what-you-apf-2537495758.html?x=0

Sola_Fide
02-08-2011, 05:45 AM
What a joke coming from a bought-and-sold, corporatist Wall Street whore!

Athena
02-08-2011, 06:17 AM
What a joke coming from a bought-and-sold, corporatist Wall Street whore!

Yeah. Candidate Obama said stuff like that, but President Obama knows and plays the real, corrupt game of government existing primarily to redistribute wealth upwards. Not sure why he's saying this now. Maybe he's trying to win back his base, which is REALLY unlikely to happen. You can't prove yourself to be a hypocrite for three years in office and then at the last minute do an about-face and hope to win back genuine base support. Dude is a liar. Ron Paul called him out as a corporatist neocon ala Bush before Obama was elected. He pretended to be some sort of Scandinavia-style social democratic type, but he turned out to be another Bush, and his base noticed and is pissed. Beyond redemption. There's no coming back from being discovered as a lying doosh.

coastie
02-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah. Candidate Obama said stuff like that, but President Obama knows and plays the real, corrupt game of government existing primarily to redistribute wealth upwards. Not sure why he's saying this now. Maybe he's trying to win back his base, which is REALLY unlikely to happen. You can't prove yourself to be a hypocrite for three years in office and then at the last minute do an about-face and hope to win back genuine base support. Dude is a liar. Ron Paul called him out as a corporatist neocon ala Bush before Obama was elected. He pretended to be some sort of Scandinavia-style social democratic type, but he turned out to be another Bush, and his base noticed and is pissed. Beyond redemption. There's no coming back from being discovered as a lying doosh.

Dont hold your breath, most people I interact with that are Obama supporters just make excuses for him and start attacking you for pointing these things out. Reality is just a word to these people.

fisharmor
02-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Dont hold your breath, most people I interact with that are Obama supporters just make excuses for him and start attacking you for pointing these things out. Reality is just a word to these people.

Yep - Bush Lied, People Died,
but when Obama promised to pull our troops out and didn't, well, that was a conservative plot.

Athena
02-08-2011, 07:24 AM
There are definitely ObamaBots. Just like there were BushBots. And yes, they make up the majorities - it calls itself "centricism" but it's really just corporatism. Corporate whores. Government controlling corporations and corporations controlling government.
I just hope the civil libertarians on the left and right can find a way to come together. It might take a decade, but we can break this albatross of fake "moderate" bla bla bla...which isn't moderate or centric; it's just corrupt.

rprprs
02-08-2011, 07:32 AM

Yes, this has been my experience also.