PDA

View Full Version : Rachel Maddow Nails This Piece on Egypt

dannno
02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks to pcosmar for pointing it out, dunno if he got it from another thread or what.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeD9B3b4xzs&feature=player_embedded

puppetmaster
02-08-2011, 12:04 AM
but why would the MSM jump on board this if the MSM are corrupt as well? What do they have to gain? Some heavy games are being played here and now.

pcosmar
02-08-2011, 12:19 AM
They jumped in late and were caught off-guard as well.,
I had posted this in another thread as the MSM just started learning.

I don't believe that this was planned. It has caught TPTB unprepared.

edit; found it.
8 pages back
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277792-MSM-is-starting-to-notice

BenIsForRon
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
Mubarak, who has spoken to Obama almost everyday since this started, is saying that Obama is attempting to destabilize his government. I really hope no Egyptian is dumb enough to fall for any of this bullshit.

The more I watch, the more I realize all of the power rests in the Egyptian military's hands. They have to be the ones to remove Mubarak. At the very least, they have to not come to his defense when the people remove him. Judging from their actions in the past week, I'm not so sure that's what they're trying to do. I have no clue what their plan is. It almost seems like they don't have one.

Great segment by Maddow though. You don't hear to many stories about agent provocateurs, even though it's happening at every protest around the world.

but why would the MSM jump on board this if the MSM are corrupt as well? What do they have to gain? Some heavy games are being played here and now.

Reality isn't that simple. Not every single member of the media is under mind control by the government/Comcast/GE/NewsCorp. Besides, no matter how corrupt, the media can't ignore events once they reach a certain maginitude. You can't pretend like hurricane isn't happening, and you can't pretend like an uprising isn't happening.

Athena
02-08-2011, 12:29 AM
I don't have audio on my computer? Can someone summarize for me?

Regarding Mubarak's propaganda, a lot of Egyptians have no internet and are falling for it. It's a poor country and people aren't educated.

pcosmar
02-08-2011, 12:31 AM
I posted that other thread on Feb 3. The MSM was just starting to look.
This has been going since Jan 25. Was almost ignored accept for Al Jezeera. The US Propaganda has been spewing a lot of crap and were blindsided by this.
The USG was caught off guard.
This just happened.

Athena
02-08-2011, 12:36 AM
What does it say?

Aldanga
02-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Here's a version without the frame rate issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeD9B3b4xzs

puppetmaster
02-08-2011, 01:40 AM
The power elite has ruled for six decades, backed by a constitution it wrote, state media it controls and millions of Egyptians who depend on its patronage. In the face of a popular uprising, it has shown dogged resilience in what opponents say is a campaign to break anti-government protests and preserve the regime's authority after President Hosni Mubarak leaves the stage.
In an example of the levers it can pull, the government announced a 15 percent raise Monday for some 6 million public employees — a potent message to almost a quarter of Egypt's labor force about where their loyalties should lie.

This sounds like they are talking about the US.....

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02/07/despite-retreats-egypt-regimes-core-stands-firm/#ixzz1DLmvFo93

IRONJAW:

The longer the riots go on and the longer Mubarak holds out, the chances of him leaving office by force become less likely. The people on the streets who are employed are obviously not going to work, not bringing in an income and their families are likely struggling.

In 1953, when Iran.ian Prime Minister Mossadegh tried to wrest control of Ira.n from the Shah, the U.S. and Brits sent in operatives to help keep the Shah in power. The Shah had reigned since 1941 and supported the allies with oil supply during WWII. During the power struggle, the determining factor became the Irainian middle class workers, who were tired of not making any money for more than a month. Despite the efforts of the operatives, the ultimate success of Operation Ajax was determined by the majority population in Iran. As time elapsed, the working class found themselves broke and they became active in heavy numbers in support of the Shah's regime. The Shah won the battle, and would remain in power until 1979, when the elitist mullahs finally took over and installed their own monarchy (I know...it's not called a monarchy...but when you have a supreme leader for life...Aya.toll.ah Ali Kha.menei...it is the same thing).

Anyway, the longer the struggle continues, the better chance Mubarak has at keeping his regime in power

HOLLYWOOD
02-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Rachel Madcow is forgetting that it was Israeli spies that revealed Egyptian Top Gun/Red Flaf military exercises revealed the enemy was depicted as Israel. That killed Egypt's US weapons orders for the F-15E Strike Eagle, etc. This is amongst many other preplanned situations.

US Main Stream Corporate Facist Media... always presenting one side of news stories, etc... THEIR SIDE.

how about Egypt's sides...
http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/omar-soliman-tells-christiane-amanpour.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EgyptianChronicles+%28Egyptia n+chronicles%29&utm_content=Twitter

puppetmaster
02-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Rachel Madcow is forgetting that it was Israeli spies that revealed Egyptian Top Gun/Red Flaf military exercises revealed the enemy was depicted as Israel. That killed Egypt's US weapons orders for the F-15E Strike Eagle, etc. This is amongst many other preplanned situations.

US Main Stream Corporate Facist Media... always presenting one side of news stories, etc... THEIR SIDE.

how about Egypt's sides...
http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/02/omar-soliman-tells-christiane-amanpour.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+EgyptianChronicles+%28Egyptia n+chronicles%29&utm_content=Twitter

I don't believe in any way this "organic" protest was unintended or unknown. Just trying to figure out the end result......

specsaregood
02-08-2011, 10:14 AM
So, has Ms. Maddow considered that maybe our government has done and continues to do the exact same thing?
How'd she cover the liberal that attacked Rand; and got tackled during the election in KY?

I disagree with her, I don't think journalists should be part of the elite that are handsoff.

pcosmar
02-08-2011, 12:01 PM
I don't believe in any way this "organic" protest was unintended or unknown. Just trying to figure out the end result......

So you think that "We Are All Khaled Said" was planed by the Government. Or that Wael Ghonim was a Government operative and had himself arrested on purpose.
Perhaps the man in Tunisia that set himself on fire was CIA. Or the 4 that did the same in Egypt were part of an intricate plan.

Human rights activists really don't exist and nobody really gets mad at Police Brutality.
:rolleyes:
How do you explain the rapid growth in the face of violent opposition?

puppetmaster
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
So you think that "We Are All Khaled Said" was planed by the Government. Or that Wael Ghonim was a Government operative and had himself arrested on purpose.
Perhaps the man in Tunisia that set himself on fire was CIA. Or the 4 that did the same in Egypt were part of an intricate plan.

Human rights activists really don't exist and nobody really gets mad at Police Brutality.
:rolleyes:
How do you explain the rapid growth in the face of violent opposition?

I think that the Gov understands human nature and knows how far to push until instances like this happen. Then they use the outcome for the benefit of the state. They are the true puppetmasters.

BrendenR
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Mubarak, who has spoken to Obama almost everyday since this started, is saying that Obama is attempting to destabilize his government. I really hope no Egyptian is dumb enough to fall for any of this bullshit.

This is NOT true. Several days into the protests (might have been as much as a week after the 25th of January), Robert Gibbs said the president had NOT talked to Mubarak, and I can't recall with 100% certainty but I am pretty sure they had not talked to Mubarak at all, but had been talking with "the Egyptian government at various levels" to paraphrase.

I remember this because there was a reporter who was pressing the issue, "Don't you think it is time for Obama to get on the phone and talk to Mubarak directly?". Gibbs just gave the "we're in contact with the government..." line, but did specifically say that Obama had NOT talked to Mubarak.