PDA

View Full Version : LibertyPAC = 2012 Exploratory Committee; DONATE -- Ron runs IF WE SUPPORT HIM ENOUGH!

Matt Collins
02-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Gary Johnson is using his 'Our America Initiative' PAC to springboard into the 2012 Presidential Race. He has not formed an exploratory committee but yet he is traveling the country and talking like a candidate, even though he isn't a candidate...yet. Why is he doing this? Because the draconian FEC rules put significant restraints on any candidate or individual who has formed an Exploratory Committee. He understands that his best way to raise support this early in the game is via his PAC. Other likely candidates are doing very similar things (Newt, Romney, Huck, etc).

Ron Paul has a little known Political Action Committee as well. It's called Liberty PAC. http://www.libertypac.com

Do the research and you'll discover that LibertyPAC is funding the hotel for the RP Supporters this upcoming weekend at CPAC. LibertyPAC helped fund Adam Kokesh, Mike Lee, and Rand Paul as well as Justin Amash and John Dennis. You can find more here: http://www.opensecrets.org

As you've seen in the news, Ron is already speaking in Iowa very soon (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278233-Proof-that-Ron-Paul-WILL-RUN-in-2012-Check-this-out&highlight=iowa). His grandson-in-law and right-hand-man Jesse Benton has indicated that he'll probably run:

- http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278307-FOX-NEWS-Ron-Paul-quot-Strongly-Considering-2012-WH-Bid&highlight=iowa
and
- http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278342-Fox-News-quot-Ron-Paul-Strongly-Considering-2012-WH-Bid-Accepts-Invitation-to-Speak-in-IA-quot&highlight=iowa

Ron has also publicly mentioned that he most likely will not form an exploratory committee this time around but instead jump straight into the campaign (I can't find the link but I remember his quote on it being posted around here somewhere).

What does all of this mean?

Just like Gary Johnson, Ron is already running for President in 2012, just not "officially"... yet. LibertyPAC will be used to support Ron's outreach activities until such time that he announces his candidacy.

Within the next few days, mark my words, the LibertyPAC website will get a facelift. When it does that will be the signal to donate heavily to LibertyPAC so that Ron will be assured of his decision to run for President. If LibertyPAC does not see a massive increase in funds over the next few weeks, it may change Ron's mind away from running a 2012 campaign.

If you give to LibertyPAC what will your money be used for?

LibertyPAC can fund 'issue-specific' mailings, advertising, consultants, polling, administrative expenses, as well as Ron's travel expenses, events, and rallies prior to him starting the 2012 campaign. Again, LibertyPAC will be used as the test buoy for the real campaign. It's kind of like an exploratory committee without all the red tape.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/2012.jpg

bobbyw24
02-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks, Matt.

I posted this at the Daily Paul:

http://dailypaul.com/156417/libertypac-2012-campaign-donate-ron-paul-is-running-now

tylerc217
02-08-2011, 06:41 AM
I tweeted it! http://twitter.com/Ron2012Paul
But I only have 23 followers.

bobbyw24
02-08-2011, 06:51 AM

bobbyw24
02-08-2011, 07:07 AM
"Rip Van Winkle slept for 20 years and woke to find the world had passed him by. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, woke up one morning recently to find that perhaps America has caught up with him."

http://caivn.org/article/2011/02/08/all-signs-indicate-ron-paul-run-president-2012

bobbyw24
02-08-2011, 07:16 AM
"Rip Van Winkle slept for 20 years and woke to find the world had passed him by. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, woke up one morning recently to find that perhaps America has caught up with him."

http://caivn.org/article/2011/02/08/all-signs-indicate-ron-paul-run-president-2012

From same article:

Within the space of a year, however, the resurgent liberty movement sparked by Ron Paul's presidential bid would form the nucleus of a broad coalition of anti-tax, anti-spending, anti-bailout activists calling themselves the "Tea Party." The spirit and substance of their concerns and public policy agenda would be the most dynamic force in the world of U.S. national politics leading right up to and straight through the 2010 midterm elections. A majority of Americans have finally caught up to the vision that united so many disparate groups around Ron Paul's 2008 message, and now speculation abounds as to the Congressman's plans for 2012.

muzzled dogg
02-08-2011, 08:54 AM
liberty PAC bomb?

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
liberty PAC bomb?
Soon probably.

trey4sports
02-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Huzzah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

college4life
02-08-2011, 10:20 AM
collins, thanks for sharing but how would normal ron paul supporters who don't frequent rpf know libertypac is so influential?

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 10:23 AM
collins, thanks for sharing but how would normal ron paul supporters who don't frequent rpf know libertypac is so influential?
And therein lies our job!

erowe1
02-08-2011, 11:02 AM
1) How much is Liberty PAC allowed to give RP's 2012 presidential campaign?
2) How much are individuals allowed to give Liberty PAC?
3) I assume donations to Liberty PAC that will ultimately go to his POTUS campaign do not count toward the maximum donation to that campaign once individuals start giving directly to it. Correct.
4) Doesn't RP have his own campaign funds separate from Liberty PAC, such as whatever he has leftover from running for Congress that can go 100% to his presidential campaign if he wants? And if so, is there a way to donate to that fund by way of his congressional campaign committee?

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2011, 11:14 AM
1) How much is Liberty PAC allowed to give RP's 2012 presidential campaign?
2) How much are individuals allowed to give Liberty PAC?
3) I assume donations to Liberty PAC that will ultimately go to his POTUS campaign do not count toward the maximum donation to that campaign once individuals start giving directly to it. Correct.
4) Doesn't RP have his own campaign funds separate from Liberty PAC, such as whatever he has leftover from running for Congress that can go 100% to his presidential campaign if he wants? And if so, is there a way to donate to that fund by way of his congressional campaign committee?

From WIKI: emp added

Leadership PAC

A leadership PAC in U.S. politics is a political action committee established by a member of Congress to support other candidates. Under the FEC rules, leadership PACs are non-connected PACs, and can accept donations from an individual, business or other PACs. While a leadership PAC cannot spend fund to directly support the campaign of its sponsor (through mail or ads), it may fund travel, administrative expenses, consultants, polling, and other non-campaign expenses. It can also contribute to the campaigns of other candidates.[8][9][10]

Between 2008 and 2009, leadership PACs raised and spent more than $47 million.[11]

[edit] Controversial use of leadership PACs

Speaker Nancy Pelosi's leadership PAC, Team Majority, was fined $21,000 by federal election officials "for improperly accepting donations over federal limits."[12]
Former Rep. John Doolittle's leadership PAC, Superior California Federal Leadership Fund, paid his wife's single-person company, Sierra Dominion Financial Solutions, 15 percent of all money raised ($68,630 in 2003 and 2004, $224,000 in 2005 and 2006). A campaign committee report in February said Doolittle's campaign still owed Julie Doolittle $137,000.[13] The PAC purchased $2,139 in gifts for Bose Corporation.[14]
Former Rep. Richard Pombo used his leadership PAC to pay hotel bills ($22,896) and buy baseball tickets ($320) for donors.[15]

erowe1
02-08-2011, 11:18 AM
From WIKI: emp added

Thanks. So a donation to Liberty PAC =/= a donation to his presidential campaign. It's not necessarily something we want to give millions to if that ends up meaning that people have less to give later (although any extra would end up supporting RP endorsed candidates, which is not a bad cause in itself).

But what about my question #4. Does there still exist a congressional campaign fund that we can donate to, the proceeds of which can go 100% to any future RP campaign for any office? And if so, shouldn't we direct donations that we intend for his POTUS campaign there, rather than Liberty PAC?

UtahApocalypse
02-08-2011, 11:22 AM
liberty PAC bomb?

Soon probably.

Why wait?

Liberty PAC Moneybomb - Presidents Day 2011

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278436-Presidents-Day-Liberty-PAC-Moneybomb.&p=3098696#post3098696

Jeremy
02-08-2011, 11:23 AM
LibertyPac.com looks to be a new website (made by our friends CanDo).

Anyway, I'd say no moneybomb. Just donate.

erowe1
02-08-2011, 11:28 AM
LibertyPac.com looks to be a new website (made by our friends CanDo).

Anyway, I'd say no moneybomb. Just donate.

Interesting. The site I'm familiar with is http://www.libertypac.net/.

erowe1
02-08-2011, 11:29 AM
So what happens if we donate here:
http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/html/contribute.html

Anybody know?

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Ron Paul has better shot defeating Obama than Sarah Palin, says poll

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Ron Paul has better shot defeating Obama than Sarah Palin, says poll - National US Headlines | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/ron-paul-has-better-shot-defeating-obama-than-sarah-palin-says-poll#ixzz1DP2dfthf) http://www.examiner.com/us-headlines-in-national/ron-paul-has-better-shot-defeating-obama-than-sarah-palin-says-poll#ixzz1DP2dfthf

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 11:41 AM
This is going to change the country and ultimately the world.

ronpaulhawaii
02-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Thank you for your generous donation to Liberty PAC. Your contributions provide the necessary resources to help us support liberty oriented candidates and policies. Here are your transaction details: Donation amount: $20.12 Transaction date/time: 2011-02-08 12:31:28 Transaction ID: 258770786 Thank you, Liberty PAC

:D

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 02:22 PM
See what Ron's wife, Carol, has to say about this....

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Carol-on-2012.jpg

JVParkour
02-08-2011, 02:25 PM
All I can say is that I am glad I just got a job, I need to start saving! ;)

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
LibertyPac.com looks to be a new website (made by our friends CanDo).CanDo are the same people who did Rand's website. They did a great job with it too.

RonPaulRules
02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Ron Posted this on Facebook-
Ron Paul
Today, I launched a new website for my Liberty PAC. I have some big decisions to make about the future, and Liberty PAC will play a critical role in my upcoming political activity.

LibertyPAC
www.libertypac.com
Your generous contributions are the driving force needed to execute the mission of Liberty PAC. Our message is spreading. Every year, with your help, we will elect more Ron Paul’s to office. The tide is turning! Click HERE to donate.

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Ron Posted this on Facebook-
Ron Paul
Today, I launched a new website for my Liberty PAC. I have some big decisions to make about the future, and Liberty PAC will play a critical role in my upcoming political activity.

LibertyPAC
www.libertypac.com
Your generous contributions are the driving force needed to execute the mission of Liberty PAC. Our message is spreading. Every year, with your help, we will elect more Ron Paul’s to office. The tide is turning! Click HERE to donate.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg

trey4sports
02-08-2011, 05:00 PM
it wont let me donate. It keeps getting hung up on "your donation is processing"

RonPaulRules
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Worked fine for me, keep trying. I had no issues.

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 05:07 PM
it wont let me donate. It keeps getting hung up on "your donation is processing"
It might be overloaded.

ItsTime
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Donate NOW. Do not wait! Ron Paul announced the new site on his facebook page. I think he is expecting a little something TODAY!

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IvWOP2bIOTA

PermanentSleep
02-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Just donated $20.12! :collins:

dbill27
02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Donate NOW. Do not wait! Ron Paul announced the new site on his facebook page. I think he is expecting a little something TODAY!

Donated!

Chieppa1
02-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I tweeted it! http://twitter.com/Ron2012Paul
But I only have 23 followers.

25. And I'll get it out there. I drop the news to a couple guys over in Tahrir square. Global.

rich34
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Get the bomb ready, and I'll get my money put back. One of you folks that are close to this kind of stuff just let us know when!!

AZKing
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
No PayPal love? Anyone associated with Liberty PAC that can make that happen?

ItsTime
02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Get the bomb ready, and I'll get my money put back. One of you folks that are close to this kind of stuff just let us know when!!

It is happening now. Donate anything, 5, 10, 1000.

muzzled dogg
02-08-2011, 05:32 PM
No federal maximum donation

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Working on that now.

ronpaulfollower999
02-08-2011, 05:56 PM
This is great. Don't think I regularly posted on this site since the 2008 election, however I did continue to educate people about Ron Paul, monetary policy, foreign policy, etc...

Gonna donate for the first of hopefully many times these next 2 years. Its gonna be fun. :D

Austin
02-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Even if you can only donate $5, it is important to show that the quantity of supporters is still great and growing every day.

civusamericanus
02-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Best thing I did all day!

Sentinelrv
02-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Is there any way of knowing how much has been donated so far? Do they plan on putting up a money counter on the website?

misconstrued
02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Just donated $20.12. More later ;)

I was a "member" of the "$2300 club" last time around. I'll do my to max out this time as well :)

Matt Collins
02-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Is there any way of knowing how much has been donated so far? Do they plan on putting up a money counter on the website?
Working on that too.

ChristianAnarchist
02-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Here are your transaction details: Donation amount: $20.12 Transaction date/time: 2011-02-08 22:10:15 Transaction ID: 258844926 Thank you, Liberty PAC

:)

jake
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Wish I could donate from up here in Canada..

Operation Meetup Revival, anyone?? Ring out the liberty bell, Ron Paul is BACK!

jake
02-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Even if you can only donate $5, it is important to show that the quantity of supporters is still great and growing every day.

agree 100%; in fact the NUMBER of supporters is probably even MORE important at this stage!! (as opposed to the number of dollars donated)

UtahApocalypse
02-08-2011, 11:17 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Ron%20Paul%20-%202012/LibertyPacBomb.png

sailingaway
02-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Ron has used it to donate to OTHER candidates, forever. Do we know it isn't just going to be his version of what De Mint does?

limequat
02-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Donated $20.12

Legend1104
02-09-2011, 02:34 PM
forgive me for being a little green on this but I am a little confused. If this cannot directly support him, and he can only use it for travel expenses, polling, and other non-campaign stuff then should we avoid a money bomb? If we did a money bomb and droped $100k+ would that not be a waste? Would he really need that much money for start up expenses for non-campaign stuff? I am not complaining or anything, just wanted a few answers because I am not sure what exactly this pac's point is.

european
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah babeh! RUN PAUL RUN! :D

ItsTime
02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
forgive me for being a little green on this but I am a little confused. If this cannot directly support him, and he can only use it for travel expenses, polling, and other non-campaign stuff then should we avoid a money bomb? If we did a money bomb and droped $100k+ would that not be a waste? Would he really need that much money for start up expenses for non-campaign stuff? I am not complaining or anything, just wanted a few answers because I am not sure what exactly this pac's point is.

PACS can run ads for campaigns ie Ron Paul ads or run ads against ie Romneycare.

antoniobuehler
02-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Donated $20.12

steined
02-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Donated! :p

erowe1
02-09-2011, 05:28 PM
PACS can run ads for campaigns ie Ron Paul ads or run ads against ie Romneycare.

That doesn't sound right. I'm not sure what all the rules are, but I don't think the loophole in campaign finance laws is so large that all a candidate has to do to get people to be allowed to give more than the maximum donation is to start a separate PAC in addition to his campaign committee and let that PAC cover campaign ads, all while both groups are coordinated under his leadership. There are definite limits to what these PACs can be used for, and I'm guessing that the wiki article that was referenced earlier probably summarizes them pretty well.

I'm still not comfortable enough with understanding this to donate myself yet. But the press release that Benton put out about Liberty PAC and the way it was worded definitely suggests that RP does want donations to it now and that those donations will help him run for president somehow. That press release, for all its beating around the bush, pretty much tells us what we need to know.

MRoCkEd
02-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Check out the email Ron just sent out. Liberty PAC is his de facto exploratory committee.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I just donated 10$. If it does indeed turn out to be more, than I will contribute more. Need more information and substance. (Though if you read the article about allies it talks about NH and IA, so it certainly indicates he is running) :p

erowe1
02-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Check out the email Ron just sent out. Liberty PAC is his de facto exploratory committee.

Here's the most informative part of that email:

Money sent to Liberty PAC will allow me the flexibility I need to test the waters and determine the next best step as I continue to fight for what you and I hold so dear.

Liberty PAC funds will allow me to travel, speak out, hire staff, and fund mail, phones, emails, and banner, TV, and radio ads to contact, educate, and persuade our fellow Americans. And, it will provide me with flexibility no other vehicle can.

I'll definitely donate something soon.

Captain Bryan
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Guys, this is so important.
Even $1.

PermanentSleep
02-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Why doesn't the PAC website had a donations counter? Anybody have any idea how much has been donated since Ron sent the email out?

mnewcomb
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Why doesn't the PAC website had a donations counter? Anybody have any idea how much has been donated since Ron sent the email out?

On the donations page it does include a checkbox labeled "Do not show me on the donations ticker." So, perhaps one is coming?

mport1
02-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Why is it that all of these emails are incredibly long? Who is going to read all of that? Why can't they give a paragraph or two summary so people will actually take a look at it? I'm sure that a ton of people just deleted that email after opening it and seeing how long and rambling it was.

If they want to give all the information, they could have a link for a longer email or just have the summary at the top and the rest below.

Btw, I donated :)

rajibo
02-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Why is it that all of these emails are incredibly long? Who is going to read all of that? Why can't they give a paragraph or two summary so people will actually take a look at it? I'm sure that a ton of people just deleted that email after opening it and seeing how long and rambling it was.

If they want to give all the information, they could have a link for a longer email or just have the summary at the top and the rest below.

Btw, I donated :)

I read it. Of course, it was just to see if he announced he was running at the end.

mport1
02-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I read it. Of course, it was just to see if he announced he was running at the end.

Me too. I almost never read any of the other ones.

Bergie Bergeron
02-09-2011, 08:13 PM
If Ron Paul (of course it's not actually him but you get the point) sends an e-mail it's important. He doesn't send e-mails about everything and nothing.

mnewcomb
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Truth be told... I almost shouted out loud as I thought this was the announcement...

UtahApocalypse
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Truth be told... I almost shouted out loud as I thought this was the announcement...

as did I :)

Anyways this is a serious signal and we need to get donating. I think the Presidents Day moneybomb is very important now and hope everyone will get behind it.

cbc58
02-09-2011, 09:03 PM
i just got the email and read it. don't fall for this crap - he doesn't need one red cent unless he runs regardless of what this email and his handlers say. if anyone should know that they need to save their money it should Ron Paulers. Save your powder for the real deal and let them "explore" all they want with their money - they have it.

not a popular point of view but this smacks of some consultant seeking pay. alot of people drinking the koolaid and not thinking for themselves here. withold money and make him commit one way or the other because dragging it out isn't fair to people who may want to put effort and resources in elsewhere.

mport1
02-09-2011, 09:08 PM

Me too. I was very disappointed it was not. I don't get the point of not just announcing. He will obviously get a lot more support and funds if he does so. Many people will be less hesitant to donate (or donate less) than if they knew he would be running for sure.

Aldanga
02-09-2011, 09:10 PM

So very correct. You deserve a cookie. I wish I could give you one. :p

dbill27
02-09-2011, 09:34 PM
It is what it is. It may as well be an anouncement but he obviously has his reasons for not making it official yet, whatever those reasons are. I thought I read somewhere newts already raised close to 5 million so I think rons just trying to keep pace with the rest that's why I donated, it seems he is close to an official announcement though.

UtahApocalypse
02-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Liberty PAC Presidents Day Moneybomb (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125262924213897)

Suzu
02-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Guys, this is so important.
Even $1.

You're so right! I'm doing $1, wish it could be more but my propane tank is just about empty and there's too much winter left!

ApathyCuredRP
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Thank you for your generous donation to Liberty PAC. Your donation affords Ron the flexibility he needs to test the waters and determine his next best step as he continues to fight for Liberty.

Liberty PAC funds will allow for travel, speaking out, hiring staff, and funding mail, phones, emails, and banner, TV, and radio ads to contact, educate, and persuade our fellow Americans.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $20.12
Transaction date/time: 2011-02-10 00:23:09
Transaction ID: 258989460

Thank you,
Liberty PAC

hotbrownsauce
02-10-2011, 02:16 AM
The minutes after Paul announces his bid for the Presidency he'll have more money than the Federal Reserve =D =D

AtomiC
02-10-2011, 03:29 AM
The year 2012 is the year we either make it or break it folks...

I'm donating all that I have and I hope that all you supporters will do the same.

Matt Collins
02-10-2011, 08:37 AM
i just got the email and read it. don't fall for this crap - he doesn't need one red cent unless he runs regardless of what this email and his handlers say. if anyone should know that they need to save their money it should Ron Paulers. Save your powder for the real deal and let them "explore" all they want with their money - they have it.You don't know what the hell you are talking about :mad: :rolleyes:

not a popular point of view but this smacks of some consultant seeking pay. alot of people drinking the koolaid and not thinking for themselves here. withold money and make him commit one way or the other because dragging it out isn't fair to people who may want to put effort and resources in elsewhere.Again, you don't have any idea of what you are saying.

The PAC is essentially the defacto Exploratory Committee. This is his way of testing to see how much support exists.

Matt Collins
02-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Me too. I was very disappointed it was not. I don't get the point of not just announcing. He will obviously get a lot more support and funds if he does so. Many people will be less hesitant to donate (or donate less) than if they knew he would be running for sure.Well he wants to test our resolve to see how much support he has. Also the FEC wraps him in red tape if he's a declared candidate or has an exploratory committee. So it's to his advantage to delay that as late as possible due to stupid government rules.

cbc58
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Matt-

What is your postion inside LibertyPac or RP campaign? Do you speak with RP directly or are you making assumptions? Why the hell does he need to see how much support he has when his supporters are some of the most vocal on the planet?

The explanation given is ludicrious. He is either going to run or not and if he waffles about it like this then maybe he shouldn't be President.

What do you do anyway?

erowe1
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Matt-

What is your postion inside LibertyPac or RP campaign? Do you speak with RP directly or are you making assumptions? Why the hell does he need to see how much support he has when his supporters are some of the most vocal on the planet?

The explanation given is ludicrious. He is either going to run or not and if he waffles about it like this then maybe he shouldn't be President.

What do you do anyway?

1) Is every single other candidate who hasn't yet formed a campaign committee also waffling about it?
2) At what point in time does someone need to form a campaign committee for you not to think they're waffling about it?
3) I don't know which explanation you think is ludicrous. But the one given in the email Ron Paul sent us yesterday isn't. It says that he can use the money to fund various things listed there, and it gives him the most flexibility in doing so. Makes sense to me. It also stands to reason that if he doesn't have supporters right now willing to help with those things, then he might find better uses of the next 2 years of his life than running for President again.
4) Don't ever stake anything on the Collins' word. Take it with a grain of salt, and then let him post his Toldja picture if he turns out to be right, or tease him when he turns out to be wrong. Which of those two happens is always a coin toss. Base your decision on the official sources you have. Right now, those are Benton's press release about the relaunching of Liberty PAC, and Ron Paul's email.

Suzu
02-11-2011, 12:37 AM
1)Base your decision on the official sources you have. Right now, those are Benton's press release about the relaunching of Liberty PAC, and Ron Paul's email.

I can add to this, because I heard it straight from Jesse Benton this past Monday evening: That Ron will run IF the LibertyPAC donations take off.

It makes a lot of sense to me, too, because the people who are seriously interested in having him run will be able to donate up to $5k instead of the much lower limit imposed by an official exploratory committee.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2011, 01:02 AM
Well it sounds like this is vitally important, so I'll be donating more in the coming days. Perhaps we should start working on a moneybomb for the PAC. :p

erowe1
02-12-2011, 11:16 AM
Here's mine.

Thank you for you generous donation!
Amount: $20.12

And count me in for another small amount when we have a money bomb.

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Spontaneous moneybomb if Ron Paul wins tonight...

garyallen59
02-12-2011, 01:20 PM
Let's keep it going.

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $20.12
Transaction date/time: 2011-02-12 13:17:19

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Moneybomb, NOW !!!!!!

ItsTime
02-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Money bombing! Please add your donation to this thread!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279164-Libery-PAC-Mini-MoneyBomb-NOW

Ray
02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Amount: $50.00
Transaction ID: 259577092
Transaction date/time: 2011-02-12 17:00:10

aknappjr
02-12-2011, 05:25 PM
deleted

aknappjr
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
$1500 to the Liberty PAC.

Planning on getting pledges from as many people as I can to max out the week he announces he's running. - Gotta make Q1 2011 a HUGE one (now until end of March). I think we can break $50 million this time.

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome.

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2011, 05:33 PM

Planning on getting pledges from as many people as I can to max out the week he announces he's running. - Gotta make Q1 2011 a HUGE one (now until end of March). I think we can break $50 million this time.
Post it here too: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?279164-Libery-PAC-Mini-MoneyBomb-NOW&p=3107488&posted=1#post3107488

TheSouth18
02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Just dropped $25 for Ron!

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Love this.

Matt Collins
02-12-2011, 11:07 PM
What is your postion inside LibertyPac or RP campaign? I am not employed by LPAC.

Do you speak with RP directly or are you making assumptions? If I make assumptions, then I will preface it as such. If I post something as fact but get it wrong, then that means I was given bad information and is outside of my control.

Why the hell does he need to see how much support he has when his supporters are some of the most vocal on the planet?
Because he's skeptical. Because he wants to make the most of it. Because he wants to know what he can expect and be able to plan for it (unlike last time).

What do you do anyway?Audio engineer, talk-radio producer, sales, and political operative / consultant.

Matt Collins
02-12-2011, 11:08 PM
4) Don't ever stake anything on the Collins' word. Take it with a grain of salt, and then let him post his Toldja picture if he turns out to be right, or tease him when he turns out to be wrong. Which of those two happens is always a coin toss. Actually it's not. See the post just above this one. You really ought to be a bit smarter about these things.

college4life
02-12-2011, 11:13 PM
collins bro check out my question on 2011 dates thread. thanks

RonPaulFanInGA
02-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Because he's skeptical. Because he wants to make the most of it. Because he wants to know what he can expect and be able to plan for it (unlike last time).

Ron Paul would get a lot better of an indicator with an actual exploratory committee.

walt
02-13-2011, 08:53 AM
This is the account that sent the unauthorized an illegal email spam.

This user should be punished for these inappropriate actions.

ItsTime
02-13-2011, 08:54 AM
It is not a good idea to drink before 10am. Or it is never a good idea to be still drinking at 10am.

walt
02-13-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't drink, but perhaps you are trying to raise money so that you can?

It's not a good idea for a previously ethical Ron Paul supporter to cross over to the dark side, violating both personal space and the law with email spam, censoring threads that call out a person for this wrongdoing and losing the once great respect I had for this poster in a massive fall of disgrace.

ItsTime
02-13-2011, 09:03 AM
Dude you just accused me in Private Message of spamming you. I have no idea who you are, I havent sent out any emails and now you are harassing me. Awesome!

walt
02-13-2011, 09:08 AM
You started this thread. The spam email comes from the LibertyPAC in the thread you started.

You are guilty by association with those you associate with (regardless of whether or not you personally did it yourself).

Vet those you chose to promote if it was not you.

P.S. We've exchanged tons of positive private messages in 2008. I'd like to remember you in that fashion. To do that you need to not start threads associated with large email spam campaigns.

chudrockz
02-13-2011, 09:17 AM
You started this thread. The spam email comes from the LibertyPAC in the thread you started.

You are guilty by association with those you associate with (regardless of whether or not you personally did it yourself).

Vet those you chose to promote if it was not you.

P.S. We've exchanged tons of positive private messages in 2008. I'd like to remember you in that fashion. To do that you need to not start threads associated with large email spam campaigns.

Seriously, are you mentally balanced? Go vote for Obama and quit bitching about a nonexistant "problem" that NO ONE HERE has a damn thing to do with.

walt
02-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Seriously, are you mentally balanced? Go vote for Obama and quit bitching about a nonexistant "problem" that NO ONE HERE has a damn thing to do with.

That is nonsense. It has nothing to do with Obama or your personal attacks on my character. It does have to do with the 1% of people that are members of this forum that are doing things that they should not be doing as it harms this movement.

If you are saying it's not you, that is fine. Who put together that list and where is their apology?

Thank you.

Bergie Bergeron
02-13-2011, 09:33 AM
There's a little option in the e-mails called mark as spam. These e-mails will go in your spam box. You seem to be doing way more harm right now by coming here crying.

We all associate ourselves with the Liberty PAC, are we all guilty? He said he's not a member of it or anything related to it so stop pointing fingers and gtfo.

walt
02-13-2011, 09:55 AM
We all associate ourselves with the Liberty PAC, are we all guilty?

That's a loaded question.

Is every US citizen guilty of allowing Congress to overspend and run up an unsustainable national debt? Certainly not directly, but historians will likely one day view it this way. It's the same type of thing.

As I've stated previously, opting out of the new illegal email spam does not stop the problem permanently. I request permanent removal from the master list. If you spent 1/10 the energy holding people accountable around here as you do blaming the victim this would be solved ten times over, I urge you to chose that path.

MelissaWV
02-13-2011, 10:15 AM
That's a loaded question.

Is every US citizen guilty of allowing Congress to overspend and run up an unsustainable national debt? Certainly not directly, but historians will likely one day view it this way. It's the same type of thing.

As I've stated previously, opting out of the new illegal email spam does not stop the problem permanently. I request permanent removal from the master list. If you spent 1/10 the energy holding people accountable around here as you do blaming the victim this would be solved ten times over, I urge you to chose that path.

You've accused someone of starting the thread... that didn't. You talk about spam emails as if it's the end of the world, when you can stop them easily. It's not blaming the victim to tell you that you are able to prevent the thing that's annoying you. Within emails, there's usually a means to respond and ask to be taken off of the mailing list. Have you tried that? It will connect you with the people responsible.

walt
02-13-2011, 10:32 AM
You've accused someone of starting the thread... that didn't. You talk about spam emails as if it's the end of the world, when you can stop them easily. It's not blaming the victim to tell you that you are able to prevent the thing that's annoying you. Within emails, there's usually a means to respond and ask to be taken off of the mailing list. Have you tried that? It will connect you with the people responsible.

Melissa - Thank you for pointing out my error. Itstime, I'm sorry, I meant to point that finger at Matt Collins. The new forum layout is different (and I was obviously confused by last post and thread starter). That is still my fault though and I apologize to Itstime (who as I noted previously has been a great member of this community). I only wish he had pointed out my error in the same manner you had instead of calling me names and accusing me of drinking on a Sunday morning.

I get alot of unrequested email. It's a rude invasion of my time, privacy and space. I would like to please request that Matt Collins, Jesse Benton or whomever has this master list contact me so that I can be permanently removed.

Thank you for pointing out my error, two wrongs do not make a right.

brenden.b
02-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Contributed yesterday. Could only give $10, but it shows my and my wife's support.

Matt Collins
02-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Melissa - Thank you for pointing out my error. Itstime, I'm sorry, I meant to point that finger at Matt Collins. The new forum layout is different (and I was obviously confused by last post and thread starter). That is still my fault though and I apologize to Itstime (who as I noted previously has been a great member of this community). I only wish he had pointed out my error in the same manner you had instead of calling me names and accusing me of drinking on a Sunday morning.

I get alot of unrequested email. It's a rude invasion of my time, privacy and space. I would like to please request that Matt Collins, Jesse Benton or whomever has this master list contact me so that I can be permanently removed.

Thank you for pointing out my error, two wrongs do not make a right.I tend to doubt you are on any of my lists, but send me a private message here and give me your e-mail address. If I see it on any of my lists I'll remove you.

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
gave a $100 today out of some of my financial aid money. lol

MelissaWV
02-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Matt Collins' lists are largely populated by celebrities and liberty-loving women of the hopefully pure variety.

college4life
02-13-2011, 01:10 PM
collins can you put me on your list bro? i'll pm you

Bern
02-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Donation amount: $25.00
Transaction date/time: 2011-02-13 11:58:22
Transaction ID: 2596XXXXX

Eric21ND
02-14-2011, 07:38 AM

We raised $20 million in the 4th quarter last go around. I think we could pull those numbers every quarter if we hit the ground running.

Eric21ND
02-14-2011, 07:41 AM
This is about setting up the infastructure of a campaign and getting an idea of our interest and numbers....for god's sake people donate anything!