PDA

View Full Version : is the senate vote of patriot act reauthorization soon?

ronaldo23
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
In the house the vote is tomorrow. Do you think Rand will give a speech against the patriot act or just simply vote nay for its reauthorization

sailingaway
02-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm hoping for a legislative hold. Last time it passed on a voice vote. I don't know what he'll do, though.

tsai3904
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
This was from the Congressional Record on February 4:

The following bills were read the second time, and placed on the calendar:

S. 289. A bill to extend expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, and the FISA Amendments Act of 2008 until December 31, 2013, and for other purposes.

S. 290. A bill to extend the sunset of certain provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, and for other purposes.

S. 291. A bill to repeal the sunset provisions in the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and other related provisions and permanently reauthorize the USA PATRIOT Act.

I'm not sure what that means but it does seem like a discussion or vote is imminent.

sailingaway
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
This was from the Congressional Record on February 4:

The following bills were read the second time, and placed on the calendar:

S. 289. A bill to extend expiring provisions of the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005, the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004, and the FISA Amendments Act of 2008 until December 31, 2013, and for other purposes.

S. 290. A bill to extend the sunset of certain provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, and for other purposes.

S. 291. A bill to repeal the sunset provisions in the USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005 and other related provisions and permanently reauthorize the USA PATRIOT Act.

I'm not sure what that means but it does seem like a discussion or vote is imminent.

Thanks. I'll email my Senators now that I know the numbers, although it will do no good (I'm in Ca, and Feinstein is one of the sponsors).