PDA

View Full Version : Somehow, I don't think we have the numbers to do a free state project here....

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/2011/0207/South-Sudan-s-next-task-build-a-nation-from-scratch

South Sudanese voted overwhelming in January for independence. Now, they face the reality of building the world's newest nation – from printing new currency to collecting taxes.

But as the euphoria from January's historic vote, for which 99 percent of voters in the south turned out to vote virtually unanimously for separation, to secede begins to fade, the reality of building the world's newest nation from scratch will come into focus.

When South Sudan officially becomes independent in July, the to-do list will be daunting. While creating a government administration; printing new currency; building roads, schools, and hospitals; and collecting taxes in one of the world's least developed areas; the country must also prepare to demarcate a disputed, oil-rich border region with its historic enemies to the north and guarantee its security.

[...]

Southron
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
The numbers are here but the reality of relocation makes it difficult.

Vessol
02-07-2011, 05:03 PM
The IMF will just give their leaders tons of money and then indebt them forever.

Just like every other African country *yawn*.

hazek
02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I just don't understand why they need a government and going from one master to another..

Vessol
02-07-2011, 05:26 PM
I just don't understand why they need a government and going from one master to another..

George Cloony needed a break from making shitty movies, that's why.