PDA

View Full Version : Washington State Seeks to Ban Flavored Swisher Sweets and Other Nicotine Products

AGRP
02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Remember Four Loko?

http://www.thenorthwestreport.com/washington-state-seeks-to-ban-flavored-swisher-sweets/

muzzled dogg
02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I thought this shit already happened

Already did in mass

But we decriminalized something else instead :p

oyarde
02-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Washington should just ban people .

jrskblx125
02-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Yah boston banned blunt wraps. They still sell em in leominster so i think it was a city ordinance. Not that i smoke pot. Just observations.

Sola_Fide
02-07-2011, 02:01 PM
Stupid...

Dreamofunity
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
Public health officials are afraid that the colorfully packaged and flavored Swisher Sweets will entice teens into a lifetime nicotine addiction. The director of Public Health for Seattle and King County stated that white grape, peach, and strawberry flavored Swisher Sweet cigarillos are essentially a “gateway to long-term tobacco use.”

... no one uses Swisher Sweets to smoke for the nicotine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_14AHVjFjY

And I keep a case of Swisher Sweets in the trunk

Vessol
02-07-2011, 05:15 PM
In the little marine town I lived in, the marine corps just blacklisted 19 stores that sell spice. We went over this in our meeting today, while our boss and pretty much everyone agreed it was stupid, we're preparing to make a lot of extra money from marines that can't visit or competitors and have to come to our store(we're 1/2 gas stations in the town that doesnt sell spice).

Spice will be the next thing banned nationwide me thinks..

... no one uses Swisher Sweets to smoke for the nicotine.

QFT. 95% of those who buy swisher sweets at the gas station I work at buy them to unwrap and roll some doobie snacks.

oyarde
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
In the little marine town I lived in, the marine corps just blacklisted 19 stores that sell spice. We went over this in our meeting today, while our boss and pretty much everyone agreed it was stupid, we're preparing to make a lot of extra money from marines that can't visit or competitors and have to come to our store(we're 1/2 gas stations in the town that doesnt sell spice).

Spice will be the next thing banned nationwide me thinks..

QFT. 95% of those who buy swisher sweets at the gas station I work at buy them to unwrap and roll some doobie snacks.

When I was young I smoked those Swishers just like a cigarette......

muzzled dogg
02-07-2011, 05:20 PM
When I was young I smoked those Swishers just like a cigarette......

homie go get your lungs checked

surf
02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
i work at a golf course and carts always come in filled with swisher wrappers. these are non-smoker older guys generally that got a hall-pass from their wives.

heading to work the other day i noticed a weird flash at an intersection. the next day i found out that red-light cam's had just been installed by Goldman Sachs (Automated Traffic Solutions)....

fuck 'em, i'm running for city council

dannno
02-07-2011, 06:25 PM
House Bill 1246 (HB 1246) and Senate Senate Bill 5380 (SB 5380) would ban the distribution or sale of smokable tobacco products “distinguishable flavor or aroma other than tobacco.”

Wow, they wanna ban shisha?? They must have hookah bars in Seattle, right? Why not mention of shisha?

oyarde
02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Wow, they wanna ban shisha?? They must have hookah bars in Seattle, right? Why not mention of shisha?

I do not even think your allowed a pocket knife in Seattle ...

Vessol
02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Isn't Seattle supposed to be like the hippie green capital of the west coast? I thought liberals were all against prohibition, have they abandoned that as well as being anti-war?

oyarde
02-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Isn't Seattle supposed to be like the hippie green capital of the west coast? I thought liberals were all against prohibition, have they abandoned that as well as being anti-war?

More like totalitarian commies maybe .

dannno
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM

It's not a referendum, it sounds like they have really bad representation... and more families living there than they used to probably cause of Microsoft and such.

muzzled dogg
02-07-2011, 06:41 PM
seattle has the biggest annual weedfest in the union

dannno
02-07-2011, 06:42 PM
seattle has the biggest annual weedfest in the union

The hempfest?

I went there with my friends in '09, line was too damn long to get in so we just walked around downtown.

muzzled dogg
02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
lol what do you mean line?

boston has the second biggest but nothin is fenced off or roped off its just on the common so you can get at it from any angle

dannno
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
lol what do you mean line?

boston has the second biggest but nothin is fenced off or roped off its just on the common so you can get at it from any angle

This is what the line looked line, it started all the way over on the other side of a bridge that leads to this area, towards the wharf:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26861346@N00/219666778/

Picture from above:

http://www.hotbands.com/cd/bands/hempfest/2001/crowd1.jpg

This, by the way, is why I was hoping to really get the cannabis tokers out for Ron Paul.

surf
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
like most places, everything good is countered by bad. in Seattle they voted to make marijuana the lowest priority crime, there are the Sounders and the Huskies, the city was anti-war a few years back, and in general people will look you in the eye when you walk down the street.

they will also kill you for carrying a knife, kick you for being a minority, tax the shit out of you if you want to smoke - or eat, or do anything becasue we have stadia to pay for, not let you buy certain alcoholic beverages, not let you smoke swishers, traffic cameras, no-alcohol in strip-clubs, etc. it's a terribly PC city that has lost the gumption to complain.

surf
02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
but this is cool

https://sensiblewashington.org/blog/

Concise Description
This measure would remove state civil and criminal penalties for persons eighteen years or older who cultivate, possess, transport, sell, or use marijuana. Restrictions and penalties for persons under eighteen would be retained.

Read the proposed text of the 2011 Marijuana Reform and Legislation Act initiative, the successor to I-1068, the 2010 Marijuana Reform Act initiative.

oyarde
02-07-2011, 07:02 PM
like most places, everything good is countered by bad. in Seattle they voted to make marijuana the lowest priority crime, there are the Sounders and the Huskies, the city was anti-war a few years back, and in general people will look you in the eye when you walk down the street.

they will also kill you for carrying a knife, kick you for being a minority, tax the shit out of you if you want to smoke - or eat, or do anything becasue we have stadia to pay for, not let you buy certain alcoholic beverages, not let you smoke swishers, traffic cameras, no-alcohol in strip-clubs, etc. it's a terribly PC city that has lost the gumption to complain.

Yeah , screw 'em for wanting to gun me down for a pocket knife . Then there are taxes ..... I lived in Tacoma once ...

amy31416
02-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Aren't Swisher Sweets cheap-ass cigars? What am I missing?

oyarde
02-07-2011, 07:06 PM

Yep , recently they started selling fruit flavors and I think the young people use them to smoke weed with .

dannno
02-07-2011, 07:06 PM

They have a bunch with different flavors.. they wanna ban any tobacco product that has a flavor other than tobacco.

oyarde
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Where I am from everything is straight up for the most part , tobacco , whiskey , weed , vodka ...

oyarde
02-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I saw a peach one and was tempted , because it sounded good ,I quit smoking cigars a few years ago .

Vessol
02-07-2011, 07:17 PM
It's not a referendum, it sounds like they have really bad representation... and more families living there than they used to probably cause of Microsoft and such.

Well I mean if the liberals have any significant presence there, wouldn't they be able to not vote these clowns in?

dannno
02-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Yep , recently they started selling fruit flavors and I think the young people use them to smoke weed with .

People have been using the regular swisher sweets and phillies and others to smoke weed with for quite a while, but then some other companies started coming out with blunt wraps which are a lot easier to roll up the herbs with. That was about 7 or 8 years ago. The cigars you have to empty out all the tobacco in the middle and cut it all up whereas blunt wraps are just like joint papers made out of tobacco, so you can roll it up quick. Plus they came out with a bunch of different flavors in blunt wraps.

People buy cheap cigars just to smoke them, too.

dannno
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
Well I mean if the liberals have any significant presence there, wouldn't they be able to not vote these clowns in?

That would require voting Republican, so no.

The establishment tends to prop up candidates who are pro-establishment.

AGRP
02-07-2011, 09:56 PM
The establishment tends to prop up candidates who are pro-establishment.

Funny how that works.

AGRP
02-20-2011, 09:50 PM
:collins:

Ricky201
02-21-2011, 06:10 AM

That's fairly accurate. King County in general (that controls the state in itself) is a VERY PC place. Traffic camera's are all over the place, the state voted down privatizing alcohol last year, there isn't an extremely expensive roads and highways project that the residents have not voted down (yet it takes them FOREVER to complete these projects...that shouldn't be surprising to us). They did surprise me last year by voting down a state income tax and eliminating some minor sin taxes on consumables. Can school be over with yet...? I want to move to New Hampshire like yesterday.