PDA

View Full Version : Is Global Warming Causing Winter Storms?

FrankRep
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/11aFebruary/snow-cars-ap.001.jpg

Even though America is experiencing very cold weather,experts in universities and government agencies insist on telling us that we are facing a crisis of global warming — and that global warming causes great snowstorms.

Is Global Warming Causing Winter Storms? (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/6197-is-global-warming-causing-winter-storms)

Bruce Walker | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
06 February 2011

torchbearer
02-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Would global cooling cause mild winters?

Matt Collins
02-07-2011, 12:16 PM
According to the NWS it's caused by an "Arctic Oscillation"

It's a fascinating read here:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/news/display_cmsstory.php?wfo=ohx&storyid=61485&source=2

Wicklowwolf
02-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Google Lord Christopher Monckton, a British politician debunking the global warming hoax with scientific facts. Worth listening to Monckton.

Bruno
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Global warming causes warmer temps, colder temps, and temps not to change at all. It causes more storms and less storms. It causes more severe flooding, and less severe flooding, and no changes in flooding.

Cover all the bases, then you can always say "See! I told you!"

AFPVet
02-17-2011, 07:47 PM
The theory is that 'climate change' causes more moisture to be present in the atmosphere—but does not explain the colder temperature or the planetary cycles which are either normal or due to sun activity—or lack thereof.

Jinks
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Google Lord Christopher Monckton, a British politician debunking the global warming hoax with scientific facts. Worth listening to Monckton.

you trust a politician over scientists?

Jinks
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
The theory is that 'climate change' causes more moisture to be present in the atmosphere—but does not explain the colder temperature or the planetary cycles which are either normal or due to sun activity—or lack thereof.

Did anybody notice he's talkin about THE UNITED STATES experiencing cold weather? Not the whole globe? Is it possible that warming overall causes some parts of the world to be cooling?

Dr.3D
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
you trust a politician over scientists?

To me, that decision would involve knowing who was paying the scientists.

Jinks
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
To me, that decision would involve knowing who was paying the scientists.

Awesome.

So we can dismiss the credibility of Lindzen and Singer because they've been paid by the oil industry?
Michaels paid by fossil fuel energy companies, Seitz worked for the tobacco industry, does that discredit them?

MelissaWV
02-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Awesome.

So we can dismiss the credibility of Lindzen and Singer because they've been paid by the oil industry?
Michaels paid by fossil fuel energy companies, Seitz worked for the tobacco industry, does that discredit them?

Being employed by a company or industry that has a vested interest in the results coming out a certain way does tend to discredit allegedly unbiased scientists in the eyes of many.

Conflicts of interest are serious business in any arena where one hopes to have the public's trust.

Jinks
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Being employed by a company or industry that has a vested interest in the results coming out a certain way does tend to discredit allegedly unbiased scientists in the eyes of many.

Conflicts of interest are serious business in any arena where one hopes to have the public's trust.

I agree.

Which is why it boggles me why climate change skeptics and deniers are completely hypocritical on this one.

devil21
02-25-2011, 02:46 AM
So sun-deniers are funded by the globalist UN and CO2-deniers are funded by the oil industry. All this proves is that the entire debate is rigged from the start and you can't believe either side completely since both have vested interest in the outcome. As usual, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.

I don't buy for a second that AGW causes SNOW storms in the US. And what's this crap about it being US only? Most of northern Europe has been a polar ice cap for the last 3 months.

Jinks
02-25-2011, 02:52 AM
So sun-deniers are funded by the globalist UN

even if that were true, you can't name me the immediate monetary benefit, so the conspiracy theory is less sexy.

and CO2-deniers are funded by the oil industry. All this proves is that the entire debate is rigged from the start and you can't believe either side completely since both have vested interest in the outcome. As usual, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.

If there were equal number of sun deniers, then yes. Sorry that that isn't the case. You have an easier time counting sun-proponents and CO2-greenhouse deniers.

Sun proponents have been wrong for not 10, but 35 years.
http://skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm

So next time you hear "the prediction models were wrong this year" or "this 5 year, 10 year trend doesn't fit their theory" make sure you don't swallow the camel of an argument that's WRONG about 35 years.

I don't buy for a second that AGW causes SNOW storms in the US.

That shows your ignorance on climate. To say the least.

And what's this crap about it being US only? Most of northern Europe has been a polar ice cap for the last 3 months.

Oh yeah, I guess northern Europe is in a different hemisphere, right?