PDA

View Full Version : Some 400 ticket-holding fans denied seats at Super Bowl XLV

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2011, 11:35 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/02/06/super.bowl.seating/?hpt=T2

Some 400 fans with tickets to the big game were denied seats at the Super Bowl Sunday because certain stadium sections weren't ready, the NFL said.

Seats were not completely installed in six sections, affecting about 1,250 fans. Roughly 850 of those people were relocated to "similar or better seats," but 400 were left out, the NFL said.

"It's not the money. It's the whole issue. We came here for the memories and it's not happening," said Wayne Rusch, a Green Bay Packers fan, who spoke to CNN while waiting to hear if he would have a seat.

His daughter, Anna Rusch, said she flew from Washington, D.C., for the game.

"I love the Packers and right now I can't see anything," she said, clearly exasperated.

Fans denied seats are expected to get a refund of triple the cost of the face value -- $800 -- of their ticket. They were also allowed in the stadium to watch the game on monitors or from standing platforms in each corner of the stadium, the NFL said.

But whether that was enough to satisfy upset fans remains to be seen.

[...]

dannno
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Wow, they got triple the refund, I guess that helps. Probably won't cover their flight and hotel in all cases, and it would suck if they spend more than that on the tickets from a re-seller.

Krugerrand
02-07-2011, 12:38 PM
You'd think they could offer replacement package options such as: good seats to next years Super Bowl, half season tickets to their team of choice next year .... or something like that.

TruckinMike
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
How do we know that the seating delay wasn't caused by Government regulations/red tape? Given the scope of the project I would imagine that regulation stifled the actual building by at least a month when you take everything into account. Given the story is what it is --- I'm still going with government safety/inspection regulations.

TMike

BamaAla
02-07-2011, 02:54 PM
You'd think they could offer replacement package options such as: good seats to next years Super Bowl, half season tickets to their team of choice next year .... or something like that.

The NFL is giving them tickets to next year Superbowl. I guess that helps, but they were probably Steelers or Packers fans.

The whole Superbowl weekend was a cluster fuck. The ice and cold messed up everyone's travel schedules and kept everyone indoors when the finally did get there. Ice starts falling off of the stadium and injuring people. All these people get turned away. Christina Ag-whatever doesn't know the National Anthem. Worst halftime show in the history of halftime shows. AND I keep having to see G.W. every time they show the box.

...at least the Packers won.

HOLLYWOOD
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I would of taken the standing room FAN FARE bar section with food etc and the 3x's rebate $2400 on a $800 ticket offer from Jerry Jones.

If you didn't accept the offer, you can sue for the ticket, air fare/transportation, hotel, vacation days, etc in small claims for $5000+ maximum for a minimum amount in small claims court.

Krugerrand
02-08-2011, 06:58 AM
The NFL is giving them tickets to next year Superbowl. I guess that helps, but they were probably Steelers or Packers fans.

The whole Superbowl weekend was a cluster fuck. The ice and cold messed up everyone's travel schedules and kept everyone indoors when the finally did get there. Ice starts falling off of the stadium and injuring people. All these people get turned away. Christina Ag-whatever doesn't know the National Anthem. Worst halftime show in the history of halftime shows. AND I keep having to see G.W. every time they show the box.

...at least the Packers won.

I'd like to see them go north for super bowls. Play in the cold the way the game was meant to be played. Atlanta got hit with an ice storm years back and it messed everything up. Southern states just aren't setup to handle winter weather - so when it happen, it's far worse then when it happens up north.

And yes ... the Packers win was the lowest point of the day. :D

jclay2
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
I'd like to see them go north for super bowls. Play in the cold the way the game was meant to be played. Atlanta got hit with an ice storm years back and it messed everything up. Southern states just aren't setup to handle winter weather - so when it happen, it's far worse then when it happens up north.

And yes ... the Packers win was the lowest point of the day. :D

hey cmon man... The packers had to win the last 2 games against the giants and the bears just to stay in the playoffs. Plus, 3 of the playoff games and and the last game of the regular season were away. This was a very impressive run. Even a person rooting against the packers should understand.

Krugerrand
02-08-2011, 08:09 AM
hey cmon man... The packers had to win the last 2 games against the giants and the bears just to stay in the playoffs. Plus, 3 of the playoff games and and the last game of the regular season were away. This was a very impressive run. Even a person rooting against the packers should understand.

I'm happy for the Packers. They deserved to win the game. I wish the Steelers had played better.