PDA

View Full Version : Best Grassroots Idea I've heard in a long long time

wfd40
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Courtesy of a rather young supporter from Lyman Hall High School named Dan no less!:

new campaign idea,
make signs saying
Ignore Ron Paul or Don\'t Google Paul in contrast with signs that say Google Ron Paul, in close proximity, so people driving by will see a Google Ron Paul sign then a little bit down the road they see an Ignore Ron Paul sign that looks like it was made by different people. then they go\"hmmmm, why would they want me to ignore him?\" If Positive assertions arent working enough might as well try negative, americans love negative

might double their curiousity to actually go and google him

just and idea feed back anyone?

this was followed by a sea of facebook chatter...

i think reverse campaigning has potential, if you want to target an issue just be like "stop (issue)...Stop Ron Paul for President"

ex
Keep the Killing... Keep Ron Paul Out!

Stop Lowering Taxes...Stop Ron Paul

More Big Brother, Less Ron Paul

Trade your Liberty for "security" election 2008
Dont vote Ron Paul

This has success written all over it imo...
having "google Ron Paul" and "don't google Ron Paul" signs around and close together is a simple & great idea

thoughts??

ValidusCustodiae
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, GREAT idea. I like the Don't Google Ron Paul sign near the Google Ron Paul sign idea, VERY suggestive!

Michael Ingram
10-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Interesting. I think the "dueling signs" idea is good.

Dary
10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't like the idea.;):)

inibo
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
You are a very funny person.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
hehe, I was thinking about making signs that said:

"If you love the Income Tax Don't vote for Ron Paul"

and

"Why does everyone hate Ron Paul?"

partypooper
10-22-2007, 06:41 PM
having "google Ron Paul" and "don't google Ron Paul" signs around and close together is a simple & great idea

interesting idea.

wfd40
10-22-2007, 06:42 PM

lolz! leave up to the kids to really 'think out of box'

koob
using the negative. who do we think we are, Fox News? I just don't know. Intriguing idea. I'll have to think more on it.

purplechoe
yes, no, maybe...

rs3515
10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I like the ones that are positives stated as a negative ... such as, "If you think we should stay in Iraq forever, then stop Ron Paul".

OptionsTrader
10-22-2007, 06:46 PM
"Why is Fox News afraid of Ron Paul?"

Cindy
10-22-2007, 06:57 PM
I like the ones that are positives stated as a negative ... such as, "If you think we should stay in Iraq forever, then stop Ron Paul".

me too!

partypooper
10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
i think 'don't google' ron paul is the best of all. it makes you wonder why not google him, what could you possibly find, why would anybody object to googling...?

'if you want taxes, war etc then vote ron paul' is ok but ordinary. i wouldn't put a really negative sign ("ron paul is a wacko") put 'don't google ron paul' does sound interesting to me.

gpickett00
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
I like "Stop Lowering taxes, Stop Ron Paul" straight and to the point.

wfd40
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I like "Stop Lowering taxes, Stop Ron Paul" straight and to the point.

me too...

So far its that one and "don't google Ron Paul"

Alert the Meetups!

centure7
10-22-2007, 07:24 PM
using the negative. who do we think we are, Fox News? I just don't know. Intriguing idea. I'll have to think more on it.

I wonder if there is a way to comparison-test this idea.

wfd40
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
don't over think it guys...

Just pretend you have no idea who Ron Paul is...

You're driving home from work, perhaps wondering what the heck happened to all that extra money you used to have after each and every paycheck...

When all of a sudden you see:
"GOOGLE Ron Paul"

certainly catchy enough... but unfortunately, like most thoughts.. its quickly forgotten..

UNTIL...

You see another sign telling you:
"DONT GOOGLE Ron Paul"

The Wheels begin to spin ... the name begins to stick..

The one-two punch lands home.

;)

alien
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I would not put anything negative as someone already mention like "don't google Ron Paul". Remember the old rule about first impressions. But where the positive is made to look like a negative sounds good. Like "Stop lower taxes, Stop Ron Paul". As long as the point is clear enough.

alien
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I just saw your follow up post. Maybe that would work putting the positive google first. As long as people don't start thinking a bunch of people don't like Ron Paul.

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
I would hope you people are joking.

Do you think Coke would advertise by making a commercial that had people throwing out Coke saying it tastes bad or something like that?

Because thats what you're doing here. You can't advertise Paul's name by saying anything negative about it. If McDonald's came out with a new burger tomorrow, and I told you "Don't Try the McAwesome Burger" then will you try it? Of course not. But if I said "Try the McAwesome Burger, it really is awesome" then you probably will try it.

Signs and things like that really come down to mostly just being advertising for name recognition mostly. They can't tell about the candidate's views much so mainly it just gets their name out to people, just like an advertisement does for a product. So the approach is the same, so if you wouldn't advertise something a certain way you shouldn't put out Paul's name that way either.

People are too dumb to get the idea anyway. Fox news and the major media censors Paul, and most people are so dumb they would never even consider that as being possible, much less believe it. So they will never get to the point to where they think "Why would Fox want to stop Ron Paul?," and they will never get to that point with this type of campaigning either.

If they see a sign for Ron Paul or something like that, and then they see a bad sign about him, they will think he has strong opposition, and that there must be legitimate reason for that opposition, like he wants to do something bad.

This is a terrible idea. How about instead of putting something negative out about Paul you simply put something else GOOD about him out? Now there's an awesome idea.

saahmed
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think the "Don't Google Ron Paul" signs are that great of an idea. But at rallies and such you could use signs that stay stuff like "Don't vote for Paul if you love Income Tax" or "Don't vote Paul if you hate liberty". Phrases along those lines are not negative and they should have some appeal.

moonbat
10-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Well I know if I saw a sign that said don't Google something, I'm gonna damn well Google it to find out what it's about.

alicegardener
10-22-2007, 08:12 PM
I'd stay away from negative statements even though its sounds like a good idea. I have just had too much grief from people who have zero reading comprehension and neither curiosity nor a sense of humor. To be foolproof, MAKE IT EASY.

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow! I just had like an awesome new campaigning idea! You know those slogans and things the campaign put serious time and thought into? Well, what if we actually use those and try to reach the campaign's own goals!!??!!?!

I know that would mean reaching monthly goals and using slogans that say positive things like "Hope for America" but I think we can do it!

Seriously people the wheel has been invented here, and you're trying to re-invent it, but you're only re-inventing the wheel into a wierd useless square thing that won't work. Negative in advertising is simply stupid. Stick to the slogans already made. The Ron Paul R[evol]ution slogan is far out already. In some cases just that is too much. Like I have said before there's a reason campaign slogans are almost always subtle.

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
what if we somehow throw the media in there.

i.e.

"CNN, FOX News, and ABC, Do Not Want You To

GOOGLE RON PAUL"

btw... great thread, we are really brainstorming some fresh marketing concepts here... keep it up :)

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmm I would give that one a little thought, I don't think its good but I would think about it for a second, but its too long for signs or anything anyway.

Plus there are already more than enough options for things.--

Hope for America
Restore the Republic
The Ron Paul R[EVOL]UTION
End the IRS
The Taxpayer's Best Friend
Ron Paul Liberty, Prosperity, and Peace

Thats 6 slogans somewhat used by the campaign that I just thought of. One of those has to be good enough to use instead of something negative.

wfd40
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
I would hope you people are joking.

Do you think Coke would advertise by making a commercial that had people throwing out Coke saying it tastes bad or something like that?

Because thats what you're doing here. You can't advertise Paul's name by saying anything negative about it. If McDonald's came out with a new burger tomorrow, and I told you "Don't Try the McAwesome Burger" then will you try it? Of course not. But if I said "Try the McAwesome Burger, it really is awesome" then you probably will try it.

Signs and things like that really come down to mostly just being advertising for name recognition mostly. They can't tell about the candidate's views much so mainly it just gets their name out to people, just like an advertisement does for a product. So the approach is the same, so if you wouldn't advertise something a certain way you shouldn't put out Paul's name that way either.

People are too dumb to get the idea anyway. Fox news and the major media censors Paul, and most people are so dumb they would never even consider that as being possible, much less believe it. So they will never get to the point to where they think "Why would Fox want to stop Ron Paul?," and they will never get to that point with this type of campaigning either.

If they see a sign for Ron Paul or something like that, and then they see a bad sign about him, they will think he has strong opposition, and that there must be legitimate reason for that opposition, like he wants to do something bad.

This is a terrible idea. How about instead of putting something negative out about Paul you simply put something else GOOD about him out? Now there's an awesome idea.

marketing 101 man...

If they google Ron Paul.. guess what comes up ...

A lot of kick ass Content! (videos like 'a new hope', ronpaul08.com, this message board).

The hard part is getting people who have no idea who he is (which unfortunately is a lot of folks out there) intrigued enough to Google the good doctor.

=)

jake
10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
"dont google ron paul" is intriguing but should probably be used very limited, keep 99% of the promotion 100% positive

wfd40
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
"dont google ron paul" is intriguing but should probably be used very limited, keep 99% of the promotion 100% positive

definitely...

That why I agree with the original idea man that it should be applied in close proximity to a "pro-Paul" message..

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:31 PM
No it shouldn't be used period because it will make people think its opposition to Paul, and then they will not consider him.

If you saw a "Don't Google Huckabee" sign would you think his support put it out? And would it make you want to consider him? Probably not because you would think he was thought of as crazy by most Republicans like Clinton, and therefore he must want to do something bad, and then you would look into other candidates instead.

We have more than enough campaign slogans and strategies, we just need to work together to make them happen. Dean lost because he couldn't coordinate internet support he had, and if we don't focus on the campaign's strategies we won't succeed either. We need to do what the campaign is doing so that its made like 50,000 times stronger.

Tidewise
10-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Well I know if I saw a sign that said don't Google something, I'm gonna damn well Google it to find out what it's about.

Exactly!

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok well you people are wierd then lol....

And even if it would make people google him, they're going to think it was put out for something bad Paul wants to do.

The "Who is Ron Paul?" slogan is the best for generating interest. You could put his website under that, and there you go. Thats 10 times better than "Don't Google Ron Paul."

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Isn't this how the Drug War is run? Remember at the opening to that beautiful movie Scanner Darkly, Fred was disgusted that his telling the people not to do drugs was exactly what got them on the drugs in the first place.
I like the absurdity of the "DON'T GOOGLE Ron Paul" sign following a pro-RON sign. From a writing standpoint, it creates dramatic tension between two opposing forces, which creates story. Whereas before there was only a message, now there is something the imagination can get truly lost in.

Tin_Foil_Hat
10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Don't pay attention to any of these ideas.

Jojo
10-22-2007, 08:57 PM

I hate it!

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 08:58 PM
Don't pay attention to any of these ideas.

dont pay attention to this guy... there is alot of creative thinking going on here.

Im an internet marketer for a living, and letting people observe 2 conflicting opinions, generates interest, no doubt about that.

thing is, everything online about RP is pretty much Pro RP... Most people listen to reason when it's right in their face, the key is to put it in their face...

this pro/con sign idea, is very interesting and needs to be discussed more.

wfd40
10-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't listen to Tin Foil Hat Guy.

=P

Gimme Some Truth
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Aye the positive negative ones like the income tax and the war signs are good

"dont google ron paul" doesnt really work imo

sandersondavis
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
This thread reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw when the JUST SAY NO bumper stickers seemed to be on every other car.
It said: JUST SAY THANKS, MAN!

RobotJaxxon
10-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Are there any other good Google search terms we could put on one of these signs?

Don't Google "Blowback"

or

Google "4000 Babies"

Unfortunately these searches don't get you to Ron very easily.

The 4000 babies would be awesome because that might really catch the eye of a lot of people we might not normally reach (people like babies!). I'm imagining a website... www.4000babies.com.... that quickly states that Ron Paul delivered 4000 babies and is running for president, and links to www.ronpaul2008.com.

Ok, I'll go back to my quiet corner now.

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok do you people not get my example about coke and mcdonalds?

I'm sorry to inform you people of this but you are not political advising/marketing/advertising experts, and they have already considered most of the things crossing your minds, and not used them for good reasons.

Now I'm going to go put out my "Paul= Unpatriotic" signs to get him elected!!!

(I'm actually going to put out the ones that say Hope for America because they're nice and people will like Paul then)

alicegardener
10-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Be REAL careful with negatives. When you give yourself auto suggestions, the advice is to always frame the statements in positive form otherwise the subconscious brain rejects it. How many people are only going to catch a glimpse of your sign while they are occupied with their cell phones or even, gasp, paying attention to their driving.

sandersondavis
10-22-2007, 09:39 PM
How 'bout

RON PAUL -- THROWING GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR CHURCHES

HUCKABEE -- PUTTING THE GOVERNMENT IN THE PULPIT

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm sorry to inform you people of this but you are not political advising/marketing/advertising experts, and they have already considered most of the things crossing your minds, and not used them for good reasons.

(I'm actually going to put out the ones that say Hope for America because they're nice and people will like Paul then)

the "paul = unpatriotic"sign is a much stupider idea than the "Dont google ron paul" idea since it directly says something bad about him. your message appears to attack ron paul.. the former does not.. it raises interest. but you're just using that to enforce your point i'm sure.

We can't get people convinced that ron paul is what this country needs by letting them read a pro RP sign. The key is to get them to do their research and find out for themselves why ron paul is the best candidate to vote for.

Now, pro RP signs are obviously needed, and will pique curiosity, but the combination of placing a "Dont Google Ron Paul" sign a mile or so before a "Google Ron Paul" Sign, will do nothing but help increase curiosity... The key is to cover both angles, not just one. Let people decide for themselves, they do not need to be told how to vote, they just need to be exposed to the message.

Curiosity will be piqued when they see a conflict of interests, they will google ron paul, and they will get the facts, and all of the great publicity provided online.

lastly, i may not be a political marketing expert, but i make a very substantial income through marketing, one that dwarfs any high paying job you could name, so i must know at least a little bit about marketing in general. (not trying to brag... just enforce my points)

Just remember... it's not about convincing the people in the cars with signs and loud yelling... it's about getting them to realize Ron Paul exists... and that is it, that's all we need to do, RP will take care of everything else

However, i do agree with you, that the negative needs to be taken seriously and not misused.

i think "Dont Google Ron Paul"is a great idea, but RP bashing, is obviously not

wfd40
10-22-2007, 09:54 PM

Vote for a Change!
Obama/paul/clinton/bush08

Hope for America!
Obama/clinton/bush/paul/cheney08!

seriously though... this campaign has always been different man. We're the little guy in that commercial with the three different ad agencies (only the stakes are greater and the playing field far less even).

We've got to continually keep pushing the envelope...in essence, continue to think like a little start up. Canned phrases don't attract interest - just like the same old rhetoric from a 'second tier' candidate (re: everyone else except Paul) doesn't attract $$. The 'top tier' do and say enough of that mumbo already - no need or time for other, 'less serious' contenders.

"google Ron Paul" and "Who is Ron Paul" and "Ron Paul Revolution" are seriously awesome, envelope-pushing campaign posters/billboards. But there is still not enough of them, and even if there were, eventually people would begin to complain. Having a suggestive negative near bye keeps the neo-cons guessing/unsure and will truly spike the interest of those who have no idea who ron paul is (re: most of america)..

justinc.1089
10-22-2007, 09:56 PM
That basically is Ron Paul bashing because it implies there is a reason not to google him, which is obviously bad, so people think there is something bad about him, and then the media reinforces that.

If you're in marketing have you ever marketed a product with a negative hype? Like don't buy this to make someone buy it?

This reminds me of the episode of South Park where Cartman gets a theme park and runs commercials telling everyone they can't come, and then they want to... stupid lol.

You can't seriously think 1 good sign and 1 bad sign is better than 2 good signs lol...

vauge
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
If McDonald's came out with a new burger tomorrow, and I told you "Don't Try the McAwesome Burger" then will you try it? Of course not. But if I said "Try the McAwesome Burger, it really is awesome" then you probably will try it.

I do not agree with your example 100%. If it were someone I trusted that said not to try the burger - I wouldn't give it another thought. Period. Don't really trust McDonald's so it would be a 50/50 if I were to try it after their own negative ad campaign.

However, if my curiosity is piqued then I would be all over it. The positive then negative hit would do wonders IMO.

Remember the "miserable failure" Google bomb? Did you ever Google that term out of curiosity? Why? Are you tempted to do so now if you do not know what I am referring to? lol

peacemonger
10-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Signs that say "Ignore Ron Paul" are probably not a great idea. On the otherhand, I'm not so sure how effective the "Google Ron Paul" signs are either.

There is nothing wrong with targeted marking. Amazon keeps track of your interests in order to get people to buy more stuff. Certain specialty products are advertised in specialty magazines. Organizations do this because it works.

If you are at a liberal campus you might find it more effective to use a sign saying "ONLY Ron Paul can end the WAR" or "Ron Paul will end the Patriot Act."

If you are on Wall Street, "Ron Paul will work to abolish the IRS."

If you are at a PTA meeting, "Ron Paul will end Federal control of our schools."

If you are blazing with your friends, "Ron Paul will end the War on Drugs."

If you are practicing at the firing range, "Ron Paul has the best 2nd Amendment record of anyone."

Lets not limit ourselves to the "Hope for America" slogan. "Hope for America" is designed to have general appeal for the general populace. It is appropriate for the Official National Campaign. The localized reality is that, on a micro-level, groups are much more differentiated than that. It doesn't take a genius to identify subgroups in society and determine which of Dr. Paul's issues appeals to them the most. It is simply targeted marketing and it works every time its tried.

This is just an idea... like all the others... no need to be a hater.

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
That basically is Ron Paul bashing because it implies there is a reason not to google him, which is obviously bad, so people think there is something bad about him, and then the media reinforces that.

If you're in marketing have you ever marketed a product with a negative hype? Like don't buy this to make someone buy it?

This reminds me of the episode of South Park where Cartman gets a theme park and runs commercials telling everyone they can't come, and then they want to... stupid lol.

You can't seriously think 1 good sign and 1 bad sign is better than 2 good signs lol...

I understand why you think that way,

"Don't Google Ron Paul" is not bashing Ron paul really, sure it's not positive, and it does have a negative implication, however shortly after this people will see "google ron paul" and that will stick out in their mind, they see the conflict of interest, it sticks in their brain, they will wonder what's so significant about this man they've never heard of, and they will want to find out...

If there are just 2 normal positive signs, well, what kind of effect will that have? Nothing more significant than 2 pro Huckabee Signs. Odds are it wont be significant enough to grasp attention, the idea is too basic... sure some will check out Ron Paul having seen those signs, clearly the positive signs have a great impact on this campaign, im obviously not debating that.

I just beleive that if people see a conflict of interest, it will convince them to do a little more research, and that's what we need them to do.. not just start supporting ron paul once they see a nice positive sign.

Think about it, if you see 2 guys talking about how great ron paul is, and then 2 other guys, having a heated debate about Ron Paul, 1 pro and 1 con, What would grab more attention? (around people who have never heard of him)

People really do respond to conflict of interest.

Good to see yet another South Park Fan around here :) I actually think that episode makes a bit of sense... people tend to want to do things that they are told not to do... it really makes u curious as to why your not supposed to do it, and you follow up by doing research. The people of south park, all showed up to see why they werent supposed to be there... it makes logical sense, however, it is key to include the positive message as well... never, ever have a negative sign all by itself.

EvilTwinkie
10-22-2007, 10:18 PM
I really dig 'Don't google ron paul, cause the people who are going to be generally positive about Pauls message DONT LIKE BEING TOLD WHAT TO DO :P

I second the motion that this psychology would not only work on me, but i would stop my car and write his name down so I wouldnt forget it ;)

MsDoodahs
10-22-2007, 10:19 PM
My idea from ages ago...

Photo of Ron, duct tape over his mouth that has "Fox/CBS/ABC/CNN/NBC" written on it, caption reading..

"What is he saying that they don't want you to hear? Google Ron Paul (or ask your grandkid to do it for you.)"

:)

reduen
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Totally against this one. :rolleyes:

Sorry, seems like a very bad idea to me...

partypooper
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM

i question the existence of these experts. i have attended enough lectures at ivy league business schools to testify that the amount of bullshit on leadership, marketing, management etc that assorted well-paid "experts" give is astounding.

personally i think that slogans like "ron paul - hope for america" are worthless except to raise name recognition. 'ron paul=hope for america' is equally effective as 'ron paul', which is to say - at best it creates a vague feeling of familiarity.

Corydoras
10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
High marks for creativity, strong negatives for actual quality of idea. In other words, no.

McDermit
10-23-2007, 01:27 AM
definitely not a good idea. Especially if the signs are made to look like 2 parties made them.

If this worked, don't you think politicians would already be doing it? It's a terrible idea, and the signs would either give a bad first impression or reinforce a negative sentiment already embedded by the media.

Grandson of Liberty
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
After a few minutes of contemplation and skimming through posts, I'm gonna have to go ahead and give this a big thumbs down myself, for whatever that's worth.

I do applaud the brainstorming, though.

Sojourner
10-23-2007, 01:51 AM
This has got to be the most stupid idea I've seen. One step forward and two steps back.

You don't stir people to action by re-enforcing negatives. :rolleyes:

nayjevin
10-23-2007, 01:59 AM
people driving by will see a Google Ron Paul sign then a little bit down the road they see an Ignore Ron Paul sign that looks like it was made by different people

do it with 'solo' cups at the local high school football field.

that's the level of political maturity the 'partygoers' have when they choose sides in a candidacy anyway!

rs3515
10-23-2007, 02:07 AM

How about "Paul <> Unpatriotic"? Make them solve a math problem as they drive down the road, talking on their cell phone, eating their fast food lunch, and trying to get the kids to be quiet. :rolleyes:

Ron Paul Fan
10-23-2007, 02:12 AM
LOL! This is the worst grassroots idea I've heard in a long long time! The people who say that this will work are the ones who were cursing Tucker for using reverse psychology when he went on Bill Maher's show! Now they want to use reverse phsycology! Hypocrites! Don't support Ron Paul! Burn the Constitution! Big Government is good: Vote Ron Paul!

Jive Dadson
10-23-2007, 02:23 AM
I just saw your follow up post. Maybe that would work putting the positive google first. As long as people don't start thinking a bunch of people don't like Ron Paul.

"Google Ron Paul" was my brain child. (Pats self on back.) I think it works the way it is. One thing I was taught about advertising way back when is, if the message is upbeat, do not use any negative words or images. I think that's sound. "Google Ron Paul" has a happy sound to it. "Google" has a happy sound to it.

justinc.1089
10-23-2007, 05:10 AM
Signs that say "Ignore Ron Paul" are probably not a great idea. On the otherhand, I'm not so sure how effective the "Google Ron Paul" signs are either.

There is nothing wrong with targeted marking. Amazon keeps track of your interests in order to get people to buy more stuff. Certain specialty products are advertised in specialty magazines. Organizations do this because it works.

If you are at a liberal campus you might find it more effective to use a sign saying "ONLY Ron Paul can end the WAR" or "Ron Paul will end the Patriot Act."

If you are on Wall Street, "Ron Paul will work to abolish the IRS."

If you are at a PTA meeting, "Ron Paul will end Federal control of our schools."

If you are blazing with your friends, "Ron Paul will end the War on Drugs."

If you are practicing at the firing range, "Ron Paul has the best 2nd Amendment record of anyone."

Lets not limit ourselves to the "Hope for America" slogan. "Hope for America" is designed to have general appeal for the general populace. It is appropriate for the Official National Campaign. The localized reality is that, on a micro-level, groups are much more differentiated than that. It doesn't take a genius to identify subgroups in society and determine which of Dr. Paul's issues appeals to them the most. It is simply targeted marketing and it works every time its tried.

This is just an idea... like all the others... no need to be a hater.

No I agree with that stuff. While those are not like slogans or anything they're still stances Paul takes so thats fine to use. I was just talking about things to put on signs mainly.

I'm wondering if a troll didn't start this idea now though because it seems so dumb to me using negative statements to advertise for Paul.

woo
10-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I think you all are close. It's the old "Whatever you do, don't think of elephants" trick, and it's a powerful marketing device. However, I would propose having something like War Propaganda posters - War is Peace, Dissent is Treason or Big Brother is Watching type posters, maybe even "Fair and Balanced" type ads... with very strong, possibly black and white imagery, and then have Ron Paul graffiti "spray painted" over them (possibly have them lined up in a row and only have some with graffiti?) saying something simple like Vote Ron Paul or something. It could even tie into the November 5th campaign as it's very V for Vendetta-ish.
-woo

MsDoodahs
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Descent is Treason

Make that

Dissent is Treason

:)

woo
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah yeah... gotta love grammar nazi's :)
fixed.
-woo

Craig_R
10-23-2007, 11:40 AM

yup

leipo
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Best...idea....ever

leipo
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
And please don't listen to people who compare Ron Paul to a burger or a soda.

Channing
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
The mass media will say people are against Ron Paul.

Instead maybe:

"Google Ron Paul"

and

"Don't read about Ron Paul in the newspaper" or "Don't listen to what the MSM says about Ron Paul"

Now *that* is an honest suggestion because the mass media draws a distorted picture of Ron Paul, but if people did it anyway they would at least get an introduction to him.

leipo
10-23-2007, 12:11 PM
BTW, am i the only one who think "Google" is a verb we shouldn't be using anymore? It was perfect for the beginning, but i think we have reached most internet users already.

woo
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
If you really wanted to be funny so as not to make people think you didn't like him, you could do a radio ad that was kinda like the Sunscreen song - http://rlux.blogspot.com/2006/09/everybodys-free-to-wear-sunscreen.html

Where the radio voice is dispensing with silly advice about always wearing sunscreen or probably more appropriate "neo-con" advice... and then says, and whatever you do, don't google ron paul...

then after a pause.

Hey wait... what are you doing? What did I just say? Don't do that. Stop it. Don't you realize I know what's best for you? STOP GOOGLING RON PAUL!
-woo

leipo
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
The mass media will say people are against Ron Paul.

Instead maybe:

"Google Ron Paul"

and

"Don't read about Ron Paul in the newspaper" or "Don't listen to what the MSM says about Ron Paul"

I don't know. The message has to be short & concise. I like "Ignore Ron Paul" a lot. Perfect reverse-psychology.

Channing
10-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't know. The message has to be short & concise. I like "Ignore Ron Paul" a lot. Perfect reverse-psychology.

You could say "TV says: ignore Ron Paul"

johngr
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
How about,"Ignore Ron Paul -- like the media tells you to."

nayjevin
10-23-2007, 01:04 PM
ignore Ron Paul - Hannity & O'reilly Do

leipo
10-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Why refer to the media? I think you guys give them too much credit.

johngr
10-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Channing, bist du Deutscher?