PDA

View Full Version : Paul Krugman Blames Egypt Crisis On Global Warming

bobbyw24
02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
For the second time in eight days, a prominent liberal has blamed the developing crisis in Egypt on global warming.

Following in the footsteps of climate alarmist extraordinaire Joe Romm Monday was New York Times columnist Paul Krugman:

We’re in the midst of a global food crisis — the second in three years. World food prices hit a record in January, driven by huge increases in the prices of wheat, corn, sugar and oils. These soaring prices have had only a modest effect on U.S. inflation, which is still low by historical standards, but they’re having a brutal impact on the world’s poor, who spend much if not most of their income on basic foodstuffs.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/02/07/paul-krugman-blames-egypt-crisis-global-warming

Bern
02-07-2011, 11:02 AM
He's halfway to the truth. Wheat has been rocked by production problems (whether you want to blame global warming or just bad luck is a topic for a different discussion), but *all* commodities are skyrocketing and the biggest contributor to the commodity inflation is global currency devaluation. Not just Bernanke's QE policies, but the ECB/Euro and other currencies too.

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 11:03 AM
More Bullshit.
Why even post this? or even acknowledge it at all?
They are trying to explain or blame it on anything or everything other than what it is actually about.

ClayTrainor
02-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Even if he is right about global warming causing all of these natural crop disasters, capital savings is what best prepares people to deal with such a crisis when it occurs.

Krugman is a strong advocate of Government taxation of savings to support huge inefficient government programs. When all that Tax isn't enough to support his huge government programs, he supports debt-based spending...

Government wealth-redistribution policies like Krugman advocates, are exactly what causes people to be so unprepared, whether Global Warming is responsible or not.

How are people going to be properly prepared for a crisis when they are in debt, and discouraged from saving and creating wealth in the free-market?

Gaius1981
02-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I would have thought he would sit back and observe the revolution with satisfaction, not becuse of the cause of liberty, but due to thinking that the vandalism and destruction stimulates the world economy.

fisharmor
02-07-2011, 11:26 AM
Everything he says smells like his colon.

ClayTrainor
02-07-2011, 12:00 PM
More Bullshit.
Why even post this? or even acknowledge it at all?
They are trying to explain or blame it on anything or everything other than what it is actually about.

So people can respond to it, and help others be prepared for the kind of arguments we'll be confronting from people who oppose free-markets. There's a lot of people out there that echo whatever Krugman is saying, and it's worth having a rebuttal prepared for when you encounter it.

My 2 cents.

low preference guy
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Newsflash: Paul Krugman is an idiot.

ClayTrainor
02-07-2011, 12:19 PM

"Keynesians are to economics, what witch doctors are to medicine" - Schiff (i think)

I think that sums it up pretty nicely.

hugolp
02-07-2011, 12:23 PM

He is quite intelligent actually, but I know what you mean. But people are starting to realize. I have seen a lot of keynesian blogs complaining about Krugman, saying that his old writtings were good but now he is quite bad. Krugman has political interests and he is becoming more and more a politician.

Its quite telling that the posts where he lies more he uses the right/left paradigm a lot, as to politicize the issue so people dont go in detail into the reasoning.

hugolp
02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
He's halfway to the truth. Wheat has been rocked by production problems (whether you want to blame global warming or just bad luck is a topic for a different discussion), but *all* commodities are skyrocketing and the biggest contributor to the commodity inflation is global currency devaluation. Not just Bernanke's QE policies, but the ECB/Euro and other currencies too.

Absolutely true. And its quite telling that Krugman is trying to hide the truth to defend the central bank system.

Btw, Krugman said like 3 or 4 months ago that the danger was price deflation. 2 month later prices start to rise. Now Krugman says that people should not listen to the ones that got it right, and believe his explanation when he got it wrong. Its retarded.

AGRP
02-07-2011, 12:39 PM
The dog ate my homework.