PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...Concerns grow over Egypt's WMD research

teacherone
02-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Specifically, the intelligence indicates that Egypt has carried out experiments in plutonium reprocessing and uranium enrichment, helped jump-start Saddam Hussein’s missile and chemical weapons programs in Iraq, and worked with Kim il-Jung on North Korea’s missile program.

“If we found another country doing what they’ve done, we would have been all over them,” said a former U.S. intelligence official, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The reason the U.S. didn’t move, officials say, was Egypt’s role as a staunch U.S. ally and stabilizing force in the Middle East and later as a key player in U.S. counterterrorism efforts.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41452744/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

oh...and coincidentally...

EGYPT: Pentagon moving warships, preparing for possible evacuations (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/02/egypt-pentagon-moving-warships-preparing-for-possible-evacuations.html)

The Pentagon is moving U.S. warships and other military assets to make sure it is prepared in case evacuation of U.S. citizens from Egypt becomes necessary, officials said Friday.

The Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship carrying 700 to 800 troops from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, and the Ponce have arrived in the Red Sea, putting them off Egypt’s shores in case the situation worsens.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0147e24f27bb970b-320wi

specsaregood
02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Are we supposed to believe this horsesh*t?

Sola_Fide
02-07-2011, 08:18 AM
Who are these evil people who think we should fight wars for them? What a sham!

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Tom Lehrer - Who's next?

One of the big news items of the past year concerned the fact that China, which we called "Red China," exploded a nuclear bomb, which we called a device. Then Indonesia announced that it was going to have one soon, and proliferation became the word of the day. Here's a song about that:

First we got the bomb, and that was good,
'Cause we love peace and motherhood.
Then Russia got the bomb, but that's okay,
'Cause the balance of power's maintained that way.
Who's next?

France got the bomb, but don't you grieve,
'Cause they're on our side (I believe).
China got the bomb, but have no fears,
They can't wipe us out for at least five years.
Who's next?

Then Indonesia claimed that they
Were gonna get one any day.
South Africa wants two, that's right:
One for the black and one for the white.
Who's next?

Egypt's gonna get one too,
Just to use on you know who.
So Israel's getting tense.
Wants one in self defense.
"The Lord's our shepherd," says the psalm,
But just in case, we better get a bomb.
Who's next?

Luxembourg is next to go,
And (who knows?) maybe Monaco.
We'll try to stay serene and calm
When Alabama gets the bomb.
Who's next?
Who's next?
Who's next?
Who's next?

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
The Pentagon is moving U.S. warships and other military assets to make sure it is prepared in case evacuation of U.S. citizens from Egypt becomes necessary, officials said Friday.

The Kearsarge, an amphibious assault ship carrying 700 to 800 troops from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, and the Ponce have arrived in the Red Sea, putting them off Egypt’s shores in case the situation worsens.

How odd - Considering that the State Department said on the same day that Americans that were not out of the country today were on there own.

-t

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Are we supposed to believe this horsesh*t?

Well yes.
Yes you are.
Why wouldn't you believe your own government that is just trying to protect you.?
What are you some kind of nut? :rolleyes:

:mad:

civusamericanus
02-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Well yes.
Yes you are.
Why wouldn't you believe your own government that is just trying to protect you.?
What are you some kind of nut? :rolleyes:

:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR3KwODDzeY

Jandrsn21
02-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Next week, Egyptian protesters will be radical extremists protecting Osama Bin Laden. In all honesty though, looks like a show of force, nothing else. Do you think we could have any real effect on the Egyptian people at this moment, without the use of tens of thousands of troops. Egypt has roughly 80 million people in the country and all our military would do is add fuel to the fire. Our military is spread too thin to put out these brush fires anymore.

tangent4ronpaul
02-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Next week, Egyptian protesters will be radical extremists protecting Osama Bin Laden. In all honesty though, looks like a show of force, nothing else. Do you think we could have any real effect on the Egyptian people at this moment, without the use of tens of thousands of troops. Egypt has roughly 80 million people in the country and all our military would do is add fuel to the fire. Our military is spread too thin to put out these brush fires anymore.

Look up "neutron bomb". I mean the really pissed off ones have been kind enough to gather together in large groups at a select few locations...

-t

Jandrsn21
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Look up "neutron bomb". I mean the really pissed off ones have been kind enough to gather together in large groups at a select few locations...

-t

Yeah I had considered that ,but how likely do you think that really is?

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah I had considered that ,but how likely do you think that really is?

Do you have any Idea how much freedom scares TPTB.
Egypt is Game Changing. They have to stop this or deal with the fact that the whole world will change.

I have a vague Idea of what they are capable of. No Idea how far they actually will go.

brandon
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh so this is where Saddam got all of his WMDs from.

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 09:57 AM
What ever happened to all those posters that shouted down claims that we were sending troops to the area?

Hmm?

Jandrsn21
02-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Do you have any Idea how much freedom scares TPTB.
Egypt is Game Changing. They have to stop this or deal with the fact that the whole world will change.

I have a vague Idea of what they are capable of. No Idea how far they actually will go.

I do agree with what you say, If they could get away with dropping a nuke on any country that has dissented, then frankly we are all dead. I think a nuke is off the table. In fact I don't think it was ever on the table. A very sticky situation for sure. The fact is TPTB don't have control of the entire world, otherwise like I said, if Egypt was alone in its dissent, then the scenarios others have outlined might be more of a possibility.

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 10:04 AM
I do agree with what you say, If they could get away with dropping a nuke on any country that has dissented, then frankly we are all dead. I think a nuke is off the table. In fact I don't think it was ever on the table. A very sticky situation for sure. The fact is TPTB don't have control of the entire world, otherwise like I said, if Egypt was alone in its dissent, then the scenarios others have outlined might be more of a possibility.

Well they have already tried poisoning the food going into Tahrir. perhaps a pandemic will be the next option.