PDA

View Full Version : Obama Cool With Haters, Says They Don't Know Him.

Kludge
02-06-2011, 11:25 PM
"WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says he doesn't take it personally when people say they hate him. And the thing he dislikes most about being president is the constant, intense scrutiny.

"The people who dislike you don't know you. The folks who hate you, they don't know you," Obama said Sunday in an interview broadcast during Fox's pre-game coverage of the Super Bowl. "What they hate is whatever funhouse mirror image of you that's out there. They don't know you."

Asked by Fox News Channel host Bill O'Reilly whether his critics annoyed him, Obama said: "By the time you get here, you have to have had a pretty thick skin. If you didn't, then you probably wouldn't have gotten here."

..."

Full story @ http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA?SITE=ALANN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

AZKing
02-06-2011, 11:31 PM
LOL. I don't have much sympathy for him.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Since when did you have to know someone to dislike them? I didn't know any of the old regime despots, and the despots of today, but it doesn't mean I am unable to dislike or hate them. I have never understood that thought process. If I see a stranger steal an old ladies purse, why must I get to know this person before disliking them? It is as if, if I sat down and talked with you that I would be more ameliable to your theft and despotism. That is just silly non-sense.

kah13176
02-07-2011, 12:06 AM
http://operatorchan.org/k/arch/src/k230439_i%20aint%20even%20mad%203.jpg

I mean, what can ya do, haters gonna hate.

Bman
02-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Haters gonna hate.

Matt Collins
02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
One doesn't have to get to know Hitler or Stalin to know that they had vile policies. One doesn't have to get to know Obama to know that he has unconstitutional and anti-liberty actions.

AlexMerced
02-07-2011, 05:45 AM
there is something to be said for the difference between demonizing an individual like many do with obama versus demonizing and idea such as statism. The first can really have an effect on someones life yet only yield temporary results.

For example, demonizing Obama only is beneficial as long as he's president, afterwards all that effort means nothing and you've done nothing to change the values of his supporters... so hurting the reputation of individuals seems to me not to yield enough benefit versus the cost.

On the other hand, emphasizing the problems and dangers of an ideas make that idea untennable to associate with, nowadays politicians stray away from directly calling themselves such words such as "communist" or even "capitalist" to some extent cause the ideas these words symbolize has been symbolize has been damaged so people stay away from the words that yield lasting benefit.

Dismantling and Disreputing words like "Statism" and "Government", and "Politician" in the same way we've deisreputed words like communist and social seems worthwhile.

Sola_Fide
02-07-2011, 06:23 AM
He sounds like one of those toothless skanks on the Jerry Springer show. "U don evan know me"

fisharmor
02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
Oh, ok, I get it.
Brilliant strategy.
Perhaps when we send soldiers into people's houses in Iraq to kill the breadwinner and leave a widow and a bunch of orphans to fend for themselves, we can teach the soldiers a simple Arabic sentence:
"Hey, you don't know me. Don't hate me."
That'll fix everything!

brandon
02-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Since when did you have to know someone to dislike them? I didn't know any of the old regime despots, and the despots of today, but it doesn't mean I am unable to dislike or hate them.

How do you know you are not just disliking a fun house mirror image of them?

fisharmor
02-07-2011, 06:55 AM
How do you know you are not just disliking a fun house mirror image of them?

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit."
-Jesus

speciallyblend
02-07-2011, 10:16 AM
obama haters shouldn't be hating obama if they want change? They should be hating obama republicans and gop establishment neo-cons!!