PDA

View Full Version : What was with the Founding Fathers propaganda at the beginning of the Super Bowl?

dannno
02-06-2011, 05:15 PM
By propaganda I mean that the Founding Fathers would never support what our country is doing today, yet they insinuate that they would.. and they pointed out that the Founding Fathers wanted a Democracy, of course.

muzzled dogg
02-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Be a good patriot a wake up to the fact that this country was built on the principle of spreading democracy.

muzzled dogg
02-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Lol @ fuucking up the anthem

Humanae Libertas
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
I saw a little bit of that segment - 100% government propaganda.

fisharmor
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Lol @ fuucking up the anthem

No shit, guess what MSM, we've all been ruined by autotune and Christina sounds terrible.

fisharmor
02-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Man, is it just me or are they laying it on really fucking thick this year?

pcosmar
02-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Didn't see. but from the comments above I am guessing that they have no concept and believe that no one else does either.

hazek
02-06-2011, 05:49 PM
You guys are talking about SB right?

dannno
02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
yup

Vessol
02-06-2011, 06:36 PM
They're trying to appeal to the tea party rednecks who will cheer at anything about 'Merica and the Founding Fathers.

If you asked them to tell you the difference between Jefferson and Hamilton, I'll bet you 95% of them couldn't give you an answer.

MelissaCato
02-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I wonder how many know George Washington's 2 war horses names ? I figure many do .. LOL

Humanae Libertas
02-06-2011, 06:47 PM
If you asked them to tell you the difference between Jefferson and Hamilton, I'll bet you 95% of them couldn't give you an answer.

Not even. I'm confident nearly all of them can't tell the difference between ANY Founding Father. They'll give you the same government answer: "Dey belived in phreedom & Demucracy!1"

QueenB4Liberty
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Yeah I don't understand why they did that.

doctor jones
02-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I was going to make a thread about this. That was the worst piece of trash I've ever watched. Why is the NFL so obsessed with showing military soldiers?

Travlyr
02-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Your tax dollars at work... Chevy.com and RahRahMilitary.com

pcosmar
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I guess I am fortunate to not have TV.
State TV sponsored by Government Motors ya say.

Hmm,

Romulus
02-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I was going to make a thread about this. That was the worst piece of trash I've ever watched. Why is the NFL so obsessed with showing military soldiers?

see Carlins skit on the differences between football and baseball. Football is played on the 'gridiron!, baseball is play in the park. Football could go into 'sudden death'! Baseball goes into extra innings...

The whole sport has got military conquest built in.

dannno
02-07-2011, 02:58 PM
I guess I am fortunate to not have TV.
State TV sponsored by Government Motors ya say.

Hmm,

Have you heard of the TV show Glee? It's very popular, probably one of the most popular TV shows. The star of the show sang "America the Beautiful" at the beginning of the superbowl.. then they did an ad for Chevy which continued, I believe, to the beginning of the show (which followed the Super Bowl).

I can't imagine what sell-outs the characters of Glee thought they had to be to do that, it was really bad.

acptulsa
02-07-2011, 03:06 PM
I can't imagine what sell-outs the characters of Glee thought they had to be to do that, it was really bad.

I was afraid to watch Glee (not that I make a habit of it). I dislike Chevy commercials sufficiently that I had no desire to endure an hour-long Chevy infomercial.

Just our old buddy Rupert raising the standards again...

Feeding the Abscess
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
This has been going on before the Super Bowl for a few years. First time I noticed it was 2008, not sure if that's when it started.

Rothbardian Girl
02-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hilarious. I noticed the same thing. All the rah-rah-rahing really grates on the nerves after a while. But yeah, I think it was designed to appeal to the stereotypical blue-collar person watching the game, because both of the teams are known for their fanbases, which tend to consist of precisely those kinds of people, I think.

The patriotism has really been ramped up lately though, in other years too, like Abscess said.

Vessol
02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
see Carlins skit on the differences between football and baseball. Football is played on the 'gridiron!, baseball is play in the park. Football could go into 'sudden death'! Baseball goes into extra innings...

The whole sport has got military conquest built in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_yq4L3M_I

Romulus
02-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks mang!

MelissaWV
02-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I saw a little bit of that segment - 100% government propaganda.

Odd how reading the DoI can be considered propaganda. The other shit around it was, for sure, but the reading was in better taste than another pop singer or pointless commercial.

oyarde
02-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Odd how reading the DoI can be considered propaganda. The other shit around it was, for sure, but the reading was in better taste than another pop singer or pointless commercial.

I tend to agree , consider this , people heard it who never have yesterday....

StilesBC
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeesh, ya. Group of 8 guys got together to watch the game up here. After a number of us made vomiting noises during the pregame, the host changed the channel. We actually missed the beginning of the game

If you think it was bad as an American, imagine how it must look to the rest of the world. I, personally, no longer distinguish between what I saw yesterday with the bile I've seen in history documentaries from Joseph Goebbels.

dannno
02-07-2011, 07:40 PM

It was all the crap around that which changed the true meaning that bothered me.

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Please read.
http://www.ahmedrehab.com/blog/2011/02/an-egyptian-womans-message-for-america/
An Egyptian Woman’s Message for America

It ties into this subject well.

dannno
02-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Please read.

That is a pretty good article, but she is wrong about Glenn Beck. In the last two weeks, didn't Glenn Beck say, "They DON'T hate us for our freedoms" to Bill O'Reilly?

Why yes, he did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbXMup3uA7U

It's too bad she can't watch that translated (properly?)

He did say some bad things about the Muslim Brotherhood later on, but some of the stuff he was preachin to O'Reilly was not too bad.

dannno
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Then she praises Maddow and Anderson Cooper??

God dammit..

trey4sports
02-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Please read.

Shoutout to Flocka

pcosmar
02-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Then she praises Maddow and Anderson Cooper??

God dammit..

I posted the clip from Maddow. I was quite surprised by it.
Damn good piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiI9Rf2CM4M

And I believe that the "they hate us for our freedom" was over the last few years.

dannno
02-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Damn good piece.

Wow, that is insanely good.. I think it deserves it's own thread. Trips me out when the MSM does such good work, doesn't happen often.

And I believe that the "they hate us for our freedom" was over the last few years.

It seemed like she insinuated he had said that in the last two weeks from the article, even though he'd said the opposite.

heavenlyboy34
02-08-2011, 12:04 AM

I thought it was because American football works quite a bit like war with the planning before the plays and such. The advertising even borrows from military lingo-"grid iron warriors", and so forth. Isn't football also a war exercise? There's an annual Army-Navy game that's got something of a cult following, as I understand it.

heavenlyboy34
02-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Damn good piece.

Thanks for the post.