PDA

View Full Version : Two republicans polling higher then Ben Nelson for 2012 senate seat

forsmant
02-05-2011, 09:10 PM
http://leavenworthst.com/

Jon Bruning 50%
Ben Nelson 39%

Don Stenberg 45%
Ben Nelson 41%

Well, at least it gets better for Nelson if those two fall down a well:

Ben Nelson 42%
Deb Fischer 35%

Ben Nelson 42%
Pat Flynn 33%

Bruning 47%
Stenberg 19%
Pat Flynn 7%
Deb Fischer 6%

I recently had a short chat with the republican front runner, Jon Brunning, about state nullification and his efforts with the Obama care lawsuit. His answers left something to be desired such as substance and principle. He did say that he thought nullification was not a proper route to block the health care law. His answer was take control of the senate and presidency in order to repeal while not completely relying on the Supreme Court to strike it down. When I told him that the last time the republicans were in power they did nothing to prevent deficits or growth in government he acknowledged me but brushed it off. Then he asked for my vote. I am not sold on Brunning but if Ben Nelson doesn't run the race will become much more interesting.

Brett85
02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
It's surprising that Nelson is even that close. Did you ask Jon Brunning any other questions? Do you know what his foreign policy views are?

TCE
02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Appears to be a Neo-Con answer to me. "Hey! Let's control all three branches and then pass whatever we want. Trust us! We'll protect your liberties." Yeah...no. TC's point is a good one.

forsmant
02-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I didn't get a chance to talk about the wars as the health care ruling is all the news lately. He was a co sponsor of the lawsuit. I would assume he has no opinion because he fails to stand on principle. Reading the comments on the blog I posted above shows a lack of enthusiasm for all the candidates running. That could be promising but the poll results do show Nelson losing to Stenberg who has lost ever major campaign hes ran and is known for being a loser. That makes Nelson look bad.

Brett85
02-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I didn't get a chance to talk about the wars as the health care ruling is all the news lately. He was a co sponsor of the lawsuit. I would assume he has no opinion because he fails to stand on principle. Reading the comments on the blog I posted above shows a lack of enthusiasm for all the candidates running. That could be promising but the poll results do show Nelson losing to Stenberg who has lost ever major campaign hes ran and is known for being a loser. That makes Nelson look bad.

Is there a paleo-conservative or a libertarian leaning Republican who we could recruit to run for that seat in Nebraska?

forsmant
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Not that I know of.