PDA

View Full Version : When did you first lose trust in the federal court system?

dude58677
02-04-2011, 10:25 PM
I was 21 years old (I'm now 31) and I was upset over the entire issue regarding the Selective Service System. I thought, why not file suit? I figured it would be better than writing to a congressman because fewer people had to agree with me and I would make a big statement. I went into the federal court to file suit. Filing the case was a huge hassle. It took me 5 hours to complete all the forms, for real. I asked for a jury because I didn't want any underhanded deals from the judges. Two days later I got a letter from the federal court claiming that my complaint was denied because I lacked standing.

Months passed and I just decided to go online to see my court case. I found it disturbing that my home address was posted online. I went back to court to file another complaint and it was much smaller complaint given that I had a present case so there wasn't much of a hassle this time around. There was also a lawyer on hand and I aksed for advice. I did though find it awkward that a place which claims to be the forefront of upholding the Constitutution would have everyone go through metal detectors when entering the building. I wnet home and later that night I looked for my case online and found it was rejected without comment. This made me angry.

I went back to the court and went into the Judges office asking for an explination. I was met with a very rude employee and assistant to the judge. Just the fact of me going in their and politely asking for them to explain why there was no comment she threatened to call security.

I went down to the clerks office and asked for file a complaint for judicial misconduct. I was given a full package of forms to fill out. I asked a question on how to file one against a judge. The clerk said they can't give legal advice. They did suggest I go up to their law library. When I got there, I was overwhelmed. I knew it would take me forever to find what I needed and even if I found it, I would still have to go through the entire hassle of filing again.

I came to realize aside form the hassle and the metal detectors that the judge and the US Attorney were appointed and approved by the same people I would be filing suit against which was a conflict of interest. Also the federal government would never limit their own power in the long run and have no incentive to.

Pericles
02-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Barron v. Baltimore (1833) the SCOTUS ignored Article VI and the decision had to be overturned via the 14th Amendment.

qh4dotcom
02-04-2011, 11:11 PM
After so many eligibility lawsuits against Obama were dismissed

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 11:12 PM
You assumed I ever trusted it.

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 11:14 PM
When did you first lose trust in the federal court system?
Assumes facts not in evidence.

Had no trust to lose.

edit;

Damn, posted at the same time

Liberty_Mike
02-04-2011, 11:18 PM

This! Honestly though, everything about the US justice system has made me lose faith no matter if it is the federal court system or any other part of the judicial system. Just to reference one example, how about the fact that police get off the hook for blatant murder just because the justice system says they have the right to shoot because they might feel they are in danger?

dude58677
02-04-2011, 11:19 PM

I was naive when I was 21.

Kludge
02-04-2011, 11:21 PM
This shoved me pretty hard toward having no respect for courts' decisions when I learned about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schenck_v._United_States

Guitarzan
02-04-2011, 11:27 PM
This shoved me pretty hard toward having no respect for courts' decisions when I learned about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schenck_v._United_States

interesting. thanks for that

Kregisen
02-04-2011, 11:31 PM

Depressing...

heavenlyboy34
02-05-2011, 12:06 AM
I can't say that I ever had serious trust in it, but I became seriously distrustful of it as I began learning what it's really like. Around 20-ish.