PDA

View Full Version : Give a RP 2012 sticker to every supporter at CPAC. Donations and volunteers needed.

mr1
02-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Help us give out a Ron Paul 2012 sticker, or button, to every Ron Paul supporter at CPAC.

http://ronpaul2012nh.chipin.com/ron-paul-2012-stickers-and-buttons-for-cpac

http://ronpaulbuttons.com/media/Picture3.jpg

I believe there will be many people at CPAC that may be on the fence about Ron Paul, or may like him but are still not sure if he'll be a viable candidate in 2012. If they see a large number of individuals walking around CPAC with a Ron Paul 2012 stickers on, I think some of them may be swayed to vote for him in the straw poll.

But depending on their structure and tax status, many official organizations may be unable to promote a particular candidate.

So it is up to the grassroots to bring anything that specifically promotes Ron Paul 2012. That's why we need your help with this chipin.

Donate here:

I am an avid Ron Paul supporter, and have done a lot of grass roots volunteering. One of my most recent activities was handing out Ron Paul 2012 fliers at the NH GOP annual meeting where they were holding a straw poll. Ron Paul had a good showing and came in second in that straw poll. You can see the fliers here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?269155-I-need-help-now-creating-RP-2012-literature-for-NH.&p=3073733&viewfull=1#post3073733

I will buy as many stickers and buttons as I can with the money I raise. If I raise all $300 I will buy 150 sheets of stickers at 1.50 a sheet from RonPaulButtons.com which will cost $225. There are 12 stickers to a sheet so that will be 1800 stickers. I will also buy 100 buttons at 80 cents each, which will cost another $80.

I will be wearing a suit and to avoid any confusion with official organizations I will have some type of sticker saying something like "Grassroots to Draft Ron Paul". I will then place several of the Ron Paul 2012 buttons and stickers on my suit coat in order to be noticeable and will hand out as many stickers and buttons as possible to people that will wear them.

Donate here:

If you would like to volunteer to help me with this effort please message me.

I know there have been a lot of chipins to help get people to CPAC so I don't know if everyone is burnt out, but I thought I'd try this out. The donations will tell me how important it is to others. I will use whatever money I raise for the effort.

I also have a small supply of the Ron Paul 2012 fliers left that I will hand out, but I was going to focus on the stickers and buttons this time. If anyone thinks lots of fliers are crucial, or more important than stickers, please share your reasoning. At this short notice, the best price I'm sure I can get is probably 50 cents for a flier (that's a double sided half page color flier on glossy paper). If the sticker chipin gets filled quickly, maybe I'll make one for more fliers.

Again, here's the sticker chipin:

MRoCkEd
02-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I like the idea, but surely we can find somewhere that will print off stickers for much cheaper? Have you tried calling Kinkos?

mr1
02-04-2011, 10:06 PM
I'm not an expert on prices, but $1.50 for a sheet of 12 stickers seemed pretty good to me. That's only 12.5 cents a sticker. If anyone can get them printed cheaper, in time for CPAC, I would be very grateful. But I kind of doubt it.

mr1
02-04-2011, 10:35 PM
I forgot to mention, in case it makes a difference, that I did talk to the owner of RonPaulButtons.com and he will be selling his buttons at CPAC so they will be available for purchase even if I don't raise any money. However I am assuming that if we can raise the money to give them away, that many more people will end up wearing them and we will have a greater effect. The owner has confirmed to me that he is fine with me buying the stickers and buttons from him at CPAC at the bulk discount and then giving them away.

mr1
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I would love to see a sea of people at CPAC with a large portion of them wearing a Ron Paul 2012 sticker.

speciallyblend
02-05-2011, 10:24 PM
i will have my ron paul 2012 shirt ,sons of liberty shirt on ,if it arrives on time at the omni like it should!! I thought dean was working on buttons and stickers mrocked?? no?

speciallyblend
02-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I forgot to mention, in case it makes a difference, that I did talk to the owner of RonPaulButtons.com and he will be selling his buttons at CPAC so they will be available for purchase even if I don't raise any money. However I am assuming that if we can raise the money to give them away, that many more people will end up wearing them and we will have a greater effect. The owner has confirmed to me that he is fine with me buying the stickers and buttons from him at CPAC at the bulk discount and then giving them away.

i assume this is the same guy in rpf chat??

dntrpltt
02-06-2011, 03:32 AM
I would donate if I could

mr1
02-07-2011, 11:55 PM
It looks like the original $300 price tag may have been too much. And maybe the 1800 stickers and 100 buttons would be overkill.

So... I'm reducing the goal from $300 down to $100.

With that much, I will focus on just the stickers, which are cheaper and will still be able to buy about 800 of them. That could still create quite the visual effect for Ron Paul at CPAC.

I've already spent my money on fliers about 2 weeks ago and so I'll need help to do the stickers. It's only $100 is all.

If you think it is a good idea, will you help me buy the stickers?

BuddyRey
02-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Yes, this would be a HUGE step in spreading Ron Paul's visibility to all corners of the country. I don't donate to many activist projects or chipins, but if there was one to fund a bumper sticker proliferation project, I would contribute!

mr1
02-08-2011, 06:25 AM
Yes, this would be a HUGE step in spreading Ron Paul's visibility to all corners of the country. I don't donate to many activist projects or chipins, but if there was one to fund a bumper sticker proliferation project, I would contribute!

Well, just to be clear, this effort is not for bumper stickers. It is for a very targeted effort to give out stickers at CPAC for supporters to wear, in order to help convince more people to go ahead and vote for him in the straw poll.

Also, I personally would think that donating to an effort of general bumper sticker proliferation would not be the most effective. After CPAC is done, I think it would be more effective to donate to efforts specifically targeting Iowa and NH.

mr1
02-09-2011, 06:33 AM
Time is running out to make this effort happen. I'd love to CPAC full of people walking around with RP 2012 stickers. Any funds donated will be used to hand out stickers. The more the better but I think any amount will be helpful.

brandon
02-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Stickers are a bit tacky. I think wearing a nicely designed, small button would be a better choice. And you guys could give out RP bumper stickers too.

mr1
02-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Stickers are a bit tacky. I think wearing a nicely designed, small button would be a better choice. And you guys could give out RP bumper stickers too.

I would agree, except that the issue is cost. Buttons cost more than stickers. If you want to donate the money, I can get buttons instead.

sarahdeez
02-09-2011, 07:25 PM
Stickers arent necessarily tacky. I'll give you $25 to help you promote RP and liberty. Please be tasteful.