PDA

View Full Version : "Van in Cairo hit-and-run may be stolen from U.S. Embassy"

Zatch
02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/02/04/5989687-van-in-cairo-hit-and-run-may-be-stolen-from-us-embassy

By Kari Huus, msnbc.com senior reporter

The U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Friday issued a response to a YouTube video that appears to show an American diplomatic vehicle plowing into a crowd of protesters, insisting that no American personnel were involved.

"We have seen a video that alleges a U.S. diplomatic vehicle was involved in a hit-and-run incident that injured dozens in Cairo, said the statement. "We are certain that no embassy employees or diplomats were involved in this incident."
The statement did say that on the date of the video, Jan. 28, a number of U.S. Embassy vehicles were stolen.

"Since these vehicles were stolen, we have heard reports of their use in violent and criminal acts. If true, we deplore these acts and the perpetrators," it said.
The YouTube video is one of three from recent days in which vehicles were seemingly purposefully driven into crowds of demonstrators.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 07:26 PM
I would not be suprised , the embassy in Iraq is missing a few hundred vehicles .....

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I would not be suprised , the embassy in Iraq is missing a few hundred vehicles .....

Yeah,,,hic,,my van wassh schtolen.

aren't there a bunch of Marines guarding the Embassy.
Someone stole it from a bunch of Marines.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah,,,hic,,my van wassh schtolen.

aren't there a bunch of Marines guarding the Embassy.
Someone stole it from a bunch of Marines.

They were missing so many in Iraq , I just figured somebody was selling them on the black market . Picture yourself ( OR MAYBE ME :) at twenty years old .....

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM
They were missing so many in Iraq , I just figured somebody was selling them on the black market . Picture yourself ( OR MAYBE ME :) at twenty years old .....

Possible
Or Somebody with a State Security Card flashed a badge and said he needed one.

Or somebody doesn't want to be blamed for the incident, and corrupt police will cover the story.

Oh yeah, If someone had messed with anything while I was guarding it (as a young man) they would have been shot.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 07:51 PM
Possible
Or Somebody with a State Security Card flashed a badge and said he needed one.

Or somebody doesn't want to be blamed for the incident, and corrupt police will cover the story.

Oh yeah, If someone had messed with anything while I was guarding it (as a young man) they would have been shot.

Yeah , I would be suprised if they end up with anyone to blame .

pacelli
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah right. Stolen. Embassies have always been safe havens for spies. I call bullshit.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I see your point . One of you guys post an aerial shot of the embassy and we can see where the motor pool is .....