PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to announce his run for POTUS at CPAC?

Michael Landon
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM
I received this e-mail from Restore the Republic:

I've got great news to report! We're moving forward and have secured the proper press credentials to attend the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) held in Washington DC next week!

Why is this important? Because the media work you have made possible is on a rapid upward trend, and we're reaching more and more people with the Freedom Message... literally MILLIONS... and your support is having a DIRECT EFFECT on the national dialogue!

You are grassroots. You need to ensure the story gets to the people without the corporate induced propaganda... you fill the void when the media fails the American people.

Now, the word on street is that two historic events will occur there.

The first is that the "Champion of the Constitution" - Congressman Ron Paul - will announce his run to challenge President Obama for the seat in the Oval Office!

The other event is that Donald Rumsfeld, the chief architect of the unconstitutional undeclared war in Iraq who permitted the torture and murder of Iraqi prisoners in US custody, will actually receive the "Defender of the Constitution" award.

Here is where you play a vital role. We need you to make sure we get there to cover these events and share the work of RTR with the major players at the center of the movement to restore America.

We have set up a page at: http://gofundme.com/CPAC-and-More where you can assist us in getting there. Any amount you can spare will help us cover hotel, airfare, expenses for the trip AND help us meet this months minimal operating costs for rent and staffing.

Send us, and keep us, on the front lines battling for freedom in America by making a timely contribution so your voice will continue to resonate in the American dialogue.

Use this link: http://gofundme.com/CPAC-and-More

You have made so much possible with your support in the past and we're calling on you once again make a difference in America with that support.

Can we count on you again?

Forever Free,

Gary Franchi
RTR, National Director
Host, Reality Report

Can anyone else verify that this is indeed going to happen? Will he announce at CPAC?

- ML

ItsTime
02-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I doubt it.

muzzled dogg
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
you mean rand?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277934-Politco-Rand-Paul-might-run-for-President

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 05:03 PM
It wouldn't be strategically wise to do that.

Jeremy
02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Why would RTR know?

He isn't announcing at CPAC.

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I answered this in the CPAC thread. I don't think he will. I don't even know if he knows yet if he wants to.

specialkornflake
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I do know that after buying a ticket I was contacted twice by real people from C4L. Once by someone encouraging me to go, apparently they had an old list. And another person reconfirming. I don't remember the last time I've been contacted by a real person (actually never) who wasn't paid to ask me for money! Clearly they are pulling all stops to get people to go there.

Michael Landon
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I wonder why Franchi would say that Paul was going to announce at CPAC? Any chance he has good info from the Paul camp?

- ML

Jeremy
02-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I wonder why Franchi would say that Paul was going to announce at CPAC? Any chance he has good info from the Paul camp?

- ML

Nope. Ron Paul himself said he's not going to decide for a few more months.

specsaregood
02-05-2011, 09:30 AM
I wonder why Franchi would say that Paul was going to announce at CPAC?

Why? see:

Here is where you play a vital role. We need you to make sure we get there to cover these events and share the work of RTR with the major players at the center of the movement to restore America.

We have set up a page at: http://gofundme.com/CPAC-and-More where you can assist us in getting there. Any amount you can spare will help us cover hotel, airfare, expenses for the trip AND help us meet this months minimal operating costs for rent and staffing.

Money.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-05-2011, 09:39 AM
It wouldn't be strategically wise to do that.

Got to love the armchair political analysts who seem to think the time stamp on an announcement truly effects anyones' vote.

"Well I was going to support Ron Paul, but unfortunately he didn't announce on a sunny Tuesday morning in April after 10:00 AM but before noon." :rolleyes:

Sentinelrv
02-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Got to love the armchair political analysts who seem to think the time stamp on an announcement truly effects anyones' vote.

"Well I was going to support Ron Paul, but unfortunately he didn't announce on a sunny Tuesday morning in April after 10:00 AM but before noon." :rolleyes:

It may affect how the media responds to the announcement, for example if he announced at CPAC while also losing the straw poll, the media will probably use that to marginalize him, while if he won the poll, it's possible the media could be more supportive of the news. The media's spin on it is what would influence people's decision on who to vote for.

KevinYeaux
02-05-2011, 05:17 PM
As much as I'd like to see him announce at CPAC (because we'd all already be there), I too doubt it's going to happen.

That doesn't mean we won't see some strong suggestions from Ron or others in C4L (in a "hey, he's running but we're not ready to announce it yet" sort of way), but if he were to make an official announcement, to best capitalize on media exposure, it'd probably be after we win the straw poll (so as to avoid the headline 'Paul announces candidacy, immediately loses to Romney'), and ideally he'd have a campaign website available by then (so they news watcher goes 'who the hell is Ron Paul?' and goes look at the website).

As far as we know, there is no event scheduled after the straw poll, and if there was a campaign website waiting in the wings it'd have to be funded by a campaign, yet according to FEC filings, there is no Ron Paul 2012 campaign organization yet.

Of course, that's my thinking. It could all be BS ;)

Son of Detroit
02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
As much as I'd like to see him announce at CPAC (because we'd all already be there), I too doubt it's going to happen.

That doesn't mean we won't see some strong suggestions from Ron or others in C4L (in a "hey, he's running but we're not ready to announce it yet" sort of way), but if he were to make an official announcement, to best capitalize on media exposure, it'd probably be after we win the straw poll (so as to avoid the headline 'Paul announces candidacy, immediately loses to Romney'), and ideally he'd have a campaign website available by then (so they news watcher goes 'who the hell is Ron Paul?' and goes look at the website).

As far as we know, there is no event scheduled after the straw poll, and if there was a campaign website waiting in the wings it'd have to be funded by a campaign, yet according to FEC filings, there is no Ron Paul 2012 campaign organization yet.

Of course, that's my thinking. It could all be BS ;)

Strong join date to post ratio.

speciallyblend
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
after 15 minutes of me chanting run ron run before Ron Pauls speech at cpac. The media will think he is running in 2012 after i am finished at cpac!!

Matt Collins
02-05-2011, 07:11 PM
after 15 minutes of me chanting run ron run before Ron Pauls speech at cpac. The media will think he is running in 2012 after i am finished at cpac!!
Instead chant "2012"

Pronounced "twenty twelve"

libertybrewcity
02-05-2011, 07:12 PM
It seems that announcing later than last is "in" this year. They will have to announce before the first debate in April Though. I would expect the major candidates to announce in March.

AlexMerced
02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
It seems that announcing later than last is "in" this year. They will have to announce before the first debate in April Though. I would expect the major candidates to announce in March.

I wouldn't be surprised if Romney sits that debate out to see his competition in action, although skipping that debate might give him an "anti-tea party" image since isn't that the CNN/Tea Party Express debate?

I think Ron would announce before then since it's more about the speaking platform. So my prediction is most of who will announce will announce prior to that debate except Romney and Huntsman since they are the centrists in this race and may want to avoid a tea party debate that may push them to far to the right for their tastes

speciallyblend
02-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Instead chant "2012"

i think i will chat 1912 now;)

pronounced nineteen twelve;)

speciallyblend
02-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Romney sits that debate out to see his competition in action, although skipping that debate might give him an "anti-tea party" image since isn't that the CNN/Tea Party Express debate?

I think Ron would announce before then since it's more about the speaking platform. So my prediction is most of who will announce will announce prior to that debate except Romney and Huntsman since they are the centrists in this race and may want to avoid a tea party debate that may push them to far to the right for their tastes

I just do not view Ron paul as far right. i view him as moderate/common sense ,if anyone is far right it is the gop establishment. the problem with the gop is the crazy right-wingers and the neo-cons! I just do not view Ron Paul as far right. i view him as common sense something the gop establishment lacks! i see bushies and the rest of the right-wing jesus freaks as the problem in the gop. Christians are fine by me but many in the gop are not christians just far right whackos!!

Suzu
02-07-2011, 12:44 PM
chant "2012"

I find it crazy-making to hear "two thousand and twelve (or eleven, ten)". Why do people do this? In 1911, did they say "one thousand nine hundred and eleven"? Hell no, they said "nineteen eleven". So why have we regressed to saying "two thousand and eleven"?

lester1/2jr
02-07-2011, 12:46 PM
2012 election will suck so bad w/ out him. PLEASE Run Ron

1776blues
02-07-2011, 12:54 PM
you mean rand?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277934-Politco-Rand-Paul-might-run-for-President

I received the same email that Ron Paul will announce his run. All the links take you to the fund raising page, which doesn't contain any information that was in the email! Strange!