PDA

View Full Version : I just got "back" $8500 from the IRS!

Patriotxi
02-04-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2Ze3Dlpc
Leave your comments if this makes as mad as it makes me!
Leave your comments also if you dont agree with me!

Danke
02-04-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?273883-Steal-Deals&p=3091849&viewfull=1#post3091849

axiomata
02-04-2011, 05:14 PM
You just gave Uncle Sam a nice no-interest loan. If you withheld less and and invested/saved with a market rate of return of say only 4% you could have made about $200.

Kludge
02-04-2011, 05:15 PM
USG punishes loyalists, rewards people who resist (accidentally through Welfare & "tax refunds"). You're on the wrong side.

college4life
02-04-2011, 05:19 PM
It won't stop, the welfare state will only grow and grow until the collapse.

Minimize your expenses, try to pay as little as you can in but we can't be naive and think it will just suddenly stop.

Kludge
02-04-2011, 05:21 PM
It won't stop, the welfare state will only grow and grow until the collapse.

Minimize your expenses, try to pay as little as you can in but we can't be naive and think it will just suddenly stop.

It'll suddenly stop when a major nation finally decides they've dug themselves deep enough in a hole and stops financing the USG, but obviously not before -- Americans simply aren't willing to do it. That's fine. It'll eventually set off a chain reaction where the USD collapses and suddenly the gov't can't pay for its military/police/Welfare and then we'll get to the riots - from which I don't know what will happen.

MelissaWV
02-04-2011, 05:22 PM
You just gave Uncle Sam a nice no-interest loan. If you withheld less and and invested/saved with a market rate of return of say only 4% you could have made about $200.

In all fairness, this year was a bitch to be able to keep up with. The tax laws were literally changing up until the other day, and the IRS's own computers are just now catching up. I usually get a very teeny tiny refund, but this year am due a considerably more substantial one. I over-compensated for what I felt were likely to be problems submitting documents and the like for independent contracting. I didn't want to wind up owing a ridiculous amount.

Oh and before someone says that makes me cowardly, maybe it does. I do pay my taxes but at least I work to reduce and eliminate the damned things rather than shrugging off the annual anger and seeing what's on TV next.

EndDaFed
02-04-2011, 05:28 PM
What is even worse is that the money that is given is from debt. Insolvency will fix that sooner or later.

Baptist
02-04-2011, 05:29 PM
If it is any consolation to the dude in the video, I did not claim my kid on my taxes. If I did, I'd be "getting $3,500 back" from the kid alone. But I can't in good conscience do that.

RileyE104
02-04-2011, 05:37 PM
If it is any consolation to the dude in the video, I did not claim my kid on my taxes. If I did, I'd be "getting $3,500 back" from the kid alone. But I can't in good conscience do that.

I'm lost... Why is keeping as much of your money as you can wrong???

olehounddog
02-04-2011, 05:46 PM
My wife and I claim 8 dependents for 8or 9 months out of the year. Just 2 of us.

Looks like we're going to have to send about 5-

600 dollars.

olehounddog
02-04-2011, 05:47 PM
double post. new phone and I don't know what I'm doing.lol

Danke
02-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Last edited by Kludge; Today at 05:24 PM. Reason: Too drunk from the alcohol I bought WITH THE MONEY I GOT BACK FROM THE IRS! (kidding... kind of :p)

Doesn't Mary have you on some sort of budget yet?

Kludge
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Doesn't Mary have you on some sort of budget yet?

Yes. I get around it by not drinking "casually."

I think I've made a convincing argument the USG isn't going to change before collapse (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?86-In-Defense-of-quot-Sheep-quot-and-Big-Government) and the best bet toward a people distrustful of the USG is to allow (and even strengthen/hasten) the collapse of the USG. Conveniently, you don't have to be angry and depressed while it's all going on because you "have to" work for the USG as it continues falling deeper down a pit.

People should quit thinking ideologically and start thinking practically. Quit being the victim and use the USG against itself -- quit paying, start receiving, and spit on everyone in power.

Patriotxi
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
This was me ranting about other people, not me. I always have to pay!

olehounddog
02-04-2011, 06:51 PM
If you don't work or work for cash you just report an income amount that will get you the most on earned income credit. I know several people who do that. I always come out on the negative end too.

Baptist
02-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm lost... Why is keeping as much of your money as you can wrong???

It's not my money. With college tax credits I already get back all that I pay plus more. Each year tens of millions of Americans "get back" thousands of dollars that they do not pay. In other words, they pay ZERO income tax but get back tons of money through various credits.

Kludge
02-04-2011, 07:18 PM
It's not my money. With college tax credits I already get back all that I pay plus more. Each year tens of millions of Americans "get back" thousands of dollars that they do not pay. In other words, they pay ZERO income tax but get back tons of money through various credits.

Consider the practical effect if libertarians stopped paying taxes and instead only collected on Welfare. The USG's expenditure is NOT tied to its income, nor does all of it come from taxation (in fact, the current 2011 project "deficit" to be the biggest source of "revenue" for the US), so the money does not come from taxpayers necessarily. Even if it did, I'd argue those taxpayers should be on Welfare & stop paying taxes if they're serious about stopping the USG's killings, domestic & overseas. Thinking the USG will return to an acceptable role within our lifetime is fantasy-think, so I also don't buy the argument that the government should be funded because eventually things will get better.

If you're looking for the best moral route - the best way to stop the US occupations & genocides overseas, there is no better option than to stop paying taxes so the USG will be unable to maintain itself. It obviously isn't interested in stopping the Empire by itself any time soon.

RileyE104
02-04-2011, 09:31 PM

I would advise you to take all the fiat you can and buy gold and silver with it. Who cares if it's not "yours" - the system we live under isn't going to be intact forever. A currency crisis will come. You should prepare for your kid. Since you view the money as not yours, pretend you don't have it and use it all on gold and silver or something else you will need in the future.

Basically, you're being forced to live in this bullshit system - you might as well take advantage of it while it lasts.

But hey, this is just MY opinion. :)
I'm not going to fall off the cliff with all the assholes who brought this country down just because I'm philosophically opposed to what they're doing. I know in my mind this system is bullshit. I am preparing for when it crumbles and is replaced (or not replaced).

Patriotxi
02-05-2011, 04:16 PM
I hate braggers!