PDA

View Full Version : Help, i lost my cpac tickets!

JeremyDahl
02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
My name is jeremy dahl.

I need help... if anyone has a spare ticket or a cheap cpac ticket let me know asap.

i will be bringing some sweet ron paul 2012 shirts for sale or trade... or to sweeten the deal.

i got pretty screwed

PLEASE HELP, this extremely active libertarian heckle Rumsfeld!

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I know Jeremy personally, and endorse him going to CPAC too.

specsaregood
02-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Please stay home.

devil21
02-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Would probably help if you explained what happened?

Danke
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Did you lose them in a poker game?

Jeremy
02-04-2011, 03:24 PM
What do you mean lost cpac tickets? Did you buy them through ACU instead of C4L?

edit: Wait what do you mean you got screwed? What do you mean "lost" them...

edit2: Besides, why should we help you if you say you're going to heckle Rumsfeld? Ron Paul said don't do that.

Sola_Fide
02-04-2011, 03:27 PM
When I used to toke the buddha, I would lose everything.

TheTyke
02-04-2011, 03:36 PM

Are you kidding? You want help hurting Ron's chance, or are ya trolling? :confused:

muzzled dogg
02-04-2011, 03:56 PM
lmao @ this whole thread

JeremyDahl
02-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Hi All!

And thanks Matt.

I gave a friend (who shall remain anonymous) some money to purchase said ticket a little over a month ago, because I am not a student... they did not purchase anything!!

Naturally I take personal responsibility for not following up and being careless, but I would still love to attend.

I worked this year in Kentucky and Iowa with some fellow freedom lovers and this will be our only opportunity to all meet in the foreseeable future.

Of course, there is the issue of casting my vote for Doctor Paul...

Side Note-
While I am not actually planning on spending energy actively harassing Donald Rumsfeld... to the comments on this page concerning my activity... I wouldn't get so upset at jokes online. ;)

MelissaWV
02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Hi All!

And thanks Matt.

I gave a friend (who shall remain anonymous) some money to purchase said ticket a little over a month ago, because I am not a student... they did not purchase anything!!

Naturally I take personal responsibility for not following up and being careless, but I would still love to attend.

I worked this year in Kentucky and Iowa with some fellow freedom lovers and this will be our only opportunity to all meet in the foreseeable future.

Of course, there is the issue of casting my vote for Doctor Paul...

Side Note-
While I am not actually planning on spending energy actively harassing Donald Rumsfeld... to the comments on this page concerning my activity... I wouldn't get so upset at jokes online. ;)

You didn't "lose" your ticket, so you lied up until this point. That does not make people gain confidence and want to assist. You are asking for help, likely monetary in nature, and people are not going to help out someone they see as popping up and trolling at the last moment.

Maybe your friend was playing a "joke" on you. Why are you upset? :rolleyes:

specsaregood
02-04-2011, 05:40 PM
You didn't "lose" your ticket, so you lied up until this point. That does not make people gain confidence and want to assist. You are asking for help, likely monetary in nature, and people are not going to help out someone they see as popping up and trolling at the last moment.
Maybe your friend was playing a "joke" on you. Why are you upset? :rolleyes:

Not only that, but it sounds like he was initially trying to scam the system by having a student by him a student ticket despite him not being a student.

Danke
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Not only that, but it sounds like he was initially trying to scam the system by having a student by him a student ticket despite him not being a student.

"We are all students in the classroom we call life." Danke

I know, pretty profound, right?

specsaregood
02-04-2011, 05:48 PM
"We are all students in the classroom we call life." Danke
I know, pretty profound, right?

After spending some time looking around at my fellow humans, I'm not quite so sure that statement is true.

dntrpltt
02-04-2011, 05:52 PM
After spending some time looking around at my fellow humans, I'm not quite so sure that statement is true.

First graders are students too xD

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Give him a break guys.

Someone told him they were going to get a ticket for him, and they ended up not following through. He wants to go to CPAC and had plans to do so, but now has no reason to go since he doesn't have a ticket.

He isn't asking for money, just a ticket.

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 06:00 PM
It is my impression that the CFL would rather have people there on student tickets than not there at all.

Jeremy
02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
You could have purchased a student ticket even if you weren't a student lol...

dntrpltt
02-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Give him a break guys.

Someone told him they were going to get a ticket for him, and they ended up not following through. He wants to go to CPAC and had plans to do so, but now has no reason to go since he doesn't have a ticket.

He isn't asking for money, just a ticket.

Oh, I agree with you Matt. I don't believe that he should put he "lost" a ticket though in his thread. Perhaps something more like "My CPAC Ticket Purchase Fell Through" or "My Ticket Fell Through" would have been a better subject for his thread.

I do believe though that he does have a legitimate reason for putting up this thread, and I would give him an extra ticket if I had one.

JeremyDahl
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow... what a fantastic community.

I did actually lose my tickets, just not in a physical sense... i wasn't trying to imply I somehow misplaced them... (if you're going to be narcissistic, negative, and stuck on semantics, maybe you should check out all the definition of the word and concept...)

and the promotion that I had hoped to originally obtain my tickets through allowed students to purchase two tickets at the discounted rate.

Also, for those who messaged me, thanks so much.

MelissaWV specsaregood , with friends and compatriots like you, who needs enemies?
Liberty movements finest and most mentally balanced... right here. If you two make it to CPAC and see me, come say hi.

BTW Dave Nalle and Jeff Fraizee both personally suggested to me i obtain student rate tickets.

angelatc
02-04-2011, 06:11 PM

If it is true, then there are a lot of little buses....

MelissaWV
02-04-2011, 06:22 PM

MelissaWV specsaregood , with friends and compatriots like you, who needs enemies?
Liberty movements finest and most mentally balanced... right here. If you two make it to CPAC and see me, come say hi.

BTW Dave Nalle and Jeff Fraizee both personally suggested to me i obtain student rate tickets.

Hey don't mention it! The best way to ingratiate yourself is obviously to post a misleading title, go on to elaborate in a misleading way, and then get upset when people notice.

You won't see me at CPAC. I helped people out to go, instead, giving more money than it ever would have cost me to go myself.

It was a great suggestion to get student rate tickets. Many people did so themselves, just as Jeremy pointed out that you could.

You got scammed. That sucks. It would make a compelling thread title. Losing something implies it was ever really yours, and it carries with it a certain sort of culpability.

But eh, whatever.

Matt, if he wants a ticket, then he wants someone to support his venture monetarily. The ticket was likely not originally free to the person who'll wind up giving it to him. I see in the OP a plea for cheap or free tickets, which brings money into it.

Lastly, I do adore the quip about not taking the internet so seriously from someone who is turning to the internet for help. :) Nice touch.

Guitarzan
02-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes, cockfighting should be legal.

MelissaWV
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Thread winner.

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Eww.... who would want to see that?

dannno
02-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Eww.... who would want to see that?

Daniel Tosh, the host of Tosh.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B84s8qetDsA

teacherone
02-05-2011, 03:40 AM
chipin for losers!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Daniel Tosh, the host of Tosh.0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B84s8qetDsA

Gehy.

Matt Collins
02-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Gehy.
Yeah, I could've gone my entire life without seeing that.

Thomas
02-05-2011, 12:26 PM

Imperial
02-05-2011, 01:56 PM

I did actually lose my tickets, just not in a physical sense... i wasn't trying to imply I somehow misplaced them... (if you're going to be narcissistic, negative, and stuck on semantics, maybe you should check out all the definition of the word and concept...)

and the promotion that I had hoped to originally obtain my tickets through allowed students to purchase two tickets at the discounted rate.

Also, for those who messaged me, thanks so much.

Did you try Our America PAC? That is Gary Johnson's outfit, and last I heard they were still selling tickets.