PDA

View Full Version : Infowars says GOP Senators are moving to make the Patriot Act permanent

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
http://www.infowars.com/republicans-move-to-make-patriot-act-permanent/

I sure hope Rand is planning to put a hold on this. Last time it went through on a voice vote.

Bergie Bergeron
02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Rand will filibuster their ass.

HOLLYWOOD
02-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Let's see if the Co-Opted Tea Parties around the country object and run petitions... This will expose the puppet masters that control many of the them.

A few of the masterful runned Tea Party orgs
Tea Party Express
Patriot Action Network
Freedom Works

tangent4ronpaul
02-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Rand will filibuster their ass.

Hope he's got a good stash of speed, as I don't see him getting a lot of help.

A one man filibuster would put him in the Guineas book of world records, though!

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Let's see if the Co-Opted Tea Parties around the country object and run petitions... This will expose the puppet masters that control many of the them.

A few of the masterful runned Tea Party orgs
Tea Party Express
Patriot Action Network
Freedom Works

For that to happen, Rand needs to put a hold on it. It was out, voted on , before the press even reported it was UP last time.

Bergie Bergeron
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Hope he's got a good stash of speed, as I don't see him getting a lot of help.

A one man filibuster would put him in the Guineas book of world records, though!
Mike Lee :)

Stary Hickory
02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I hope this is just not real...really. But yeah the Neocons aint what they used to be, they won' get anywhere with this. If this is true, anyone who pushes this forward gets targeted for primaries. I have had all I can stand of Neocons.

Brett85
02-04-2011, 01:05 PM
I don't think a vote to make it parmanent has any chance of passing. I don't think that a majority of people from either party would vote for that.

Stary Hickory
02-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't give much credence to the report really, I have no doubt there are those who would like to see it permanent, but I also think that there are not that many of them anymore, and the ones that do, are trying to pretend they are something other than a big government Neocon.

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 01:08 PM
I don't give much credence to the report really, I have no doubt there are those who would like to see it permanent, but I also think that there are not that many of them anymore, and the ones that do, are trying to pretend they are something other than a big government Neocon.

I hope that proves correct. I expect the direct quotes are accurate, but it might just be those people speaking.

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Don't Senate rules require 2/3 vote to make the PA permanent? :confused: I'm a little rusty on that. If so, I don't think the votes will be there yet...maybe in a year or a few or however long it takes to buy a senator nowadays.

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 01:16 PM
No they don't. IF someone filibusters it would take 60 votes, but that would need someone, cough [*Rand*], to filibuster it.

Brett85
02-04-2011, 01:21 PM
No they don't. IF someone filibusters it would take 60 votes, but that would need someone, cough [*Rand*], to filibuster it.

I'm sure that Rand would filibuster making the Patriot Act permanent. I'm not sure whether he'll filibuster the temperary extension or not.

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I'm sure that Rand would filibuster making the Patriot Act permanent. I'm not sure whether he'll filibuster the temperary extension or not.

Then I guess we wait and see what version the House sends up.