PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper in Egypt: "I'm Scared"

PeacePlan
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MfNDdJDTVY

specsaregood
02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll go on record as being happy that journalists are not being "protected". For far too long the MSM has done nothing but keep tyrants in power.

jrskblx125
02-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Hahahaha oh youre scared??? Then gtfo you dipshit

Bern
02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey Anderson, I'm scared too. Scared that the media isn't doing enough to keep our own government honest. Scared that people are lulled to sleep by MSM's propaganda machine. Scared that when push comes to shove in the USA, it's going to be orders of magnitude worse than what's happening in Egypt. Americans' sense of entitlement and manifest superiority is unparalleled.

Jack Bauer
02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank goodness Egypt doesn't allow people (inc. Anderson Cooper) to carry guns like they do in Texas.

Can you imagine how much worse his situation would have been if he had a gun with him? /sarc

coastie
02-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Thank goodness Egypt doesn't allow people (inc. Anderson Cooper) to carry guns like they do in Texas.

Can you imagine how much worse his situation would have been if he had a gun with him? /sarc

Nope, can't imagine it being any worse. "Like they do in Texas"? Or the other 33 states that have CCW laws?

If the people of Egypt were "allowed" to keep guns, and the US Taxpayers weren't paying for the $1.3 billion dollars/year worth of military hardware(as well as horses, camels and whips;)) and supporting their brutal dictator(to the tune of over $60 billion) while spreading democracy at the barrel of a gun, then this would've never occurred.

Kregisen
02-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Nope, can't imagine it being any worse. "Like they do in Texas"? Or the other 33 states that have CCW laws?

If the people of Egypt were "allowed" to keep guns, and the US Taxpayers weren't paying for the $1.3 billion dollars/year worth of military hardware(as well as horses, camels and whips;)) and supporting their brutal dictator(to the tune of over $60 billion) while spreading democracy at the barrel of a gun, then this would've never occurred.

Pssssttt, he was joking.

coastie
02-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Pssssttt, he was joking.

:eek::o

umm....me 2.:o Wow, the sarcasm meter is wayyyyyy off today, I need to get some sleep, watching revolutions as they are happening as opposed to reading about them in possibly censored books is mesmerizing and keeps me glued..:o:p

HOLLYWOOD
02-04-2011, 10:56 AM
http://theatreaddict.com/images/2008/01January/AChorusLineAud.jpg

fisharmor
02-04-2011, 11:18 AM
I'm sorry, Anderson, I just want to pay attention to some who matters right now... I promise I'll give a shit about you in... two minutes... I promise.

Pericles
02-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey Anderson, I'm scared too. Scared that the media isn't doing enough to keep our own government honest. Scared that people are lulled to sleep by MSM's propaganda machine. Scared that when push comes to shove in the USA, it's going to be orders of magnitude worse than what's happening in Egypt. Americans' sense of entitlement and manifest superiority is unparalleled.

Eqypt is just a warm up.

Valli6
02-04-2011, 12:09 PM
I am very disappointed :( to find that the footage of cooper being attacked, contains no scenes of him actually being punched even once, much less the "10 times" he claimed. No blood and no bruises. :confused:

"Camera rolls as Cooper, crew attacked"
www cnn. com/video/?/video/world/2011/02/02/ac360.anderson.attacked.cnn
(WARNING: You will be forced to sit through a "Hoodie Footie" commercial! Viewer discretion is advised.)

Stary Hickory
02-04-2011, 01:02 PM
PUNCH PUNCH , WHACK, BAM

I wonder why? Did they not half kill a Fox News reporter too?

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 01:10 PM
He's scared ?
Confirmed, at least one journalist dead (from shotgun wounds) Many beaten and arrested.

Hundreds of Egyptians killed by Government thugs.

She's being interviewed by an Egyptian satellite channel; explains how it all started and the role Facebook played; talks about her first video (which is famous now).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uzdOLXLoes

This isn't my translation or sub; if you think it's a bad translation let me know and I'll see what I can do.

BTW someone told me she was on BBC today morning talking about Mubarak, described him as "Egypt's cancer". Obviously she's OK so far.

EDIT: Correction, this is Jan 31st, not Feb 2nd.

Someone directed me to a group of three videos made by this 26-year old Egyptian girl, Asma Mahfouz.

This is the girl who started it all, with this video that she posted on her Facebook and went viral in Egypt and the Arab world. In the video she calls upon people to join her in Tahrir Square on January 25th.

I immediately transcribed, translated, and subbed, and you're the first to have it (just coz I love you so much!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBg7O48vhLY

There are two more videos, one a few hours before January 25th, and another right after (January 26th); wait for them, I'm subbing right now.

This should put to rest all claims that this is a food riot. Just listen to this girl go!

He, and many others need to "Man Up".