PDA

View Full Version : I now know what the NEW ANGLE to Discredit Ron Is..

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
After watching a bit last night AND seeing the AOL poll....

The "new" tactic is to paint Ron as a Hillary.

Last night they made like three references to how is he different from Hillary.

Then on the poll at AOL, he is second to Guiliani as labeled a liberal.

Now, what is so interesting about his.. is that Ron Paul is the LEAST like Hillary, and to me.. the LEAST LIBERAL.

So, this new angle is interesting and seems to be the new focus..

Korey Kaczynski
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM
After watching a bit last night AND seeing the AOL poll....

The "new" tactic is to paint Ron as a Hillary.

Last night they made like three references to how is he different from Hillary.

Then on the poll at AOL, he is second to Guiliani as labeled a liberal.

Now, what is so interesting about his.. is that Ron Paul is the LEAST like Hillary, and to me.. the LEAST LIBERAL.

So, this new angle is interesting and seems to be the new focus..

Their new tactic is to push Huckster as the "dark horse" even though his support has no substance.

The neocons, who rely on rhetoric of "values," think RP is liberal because RP doesn't believe in maximing government power to enforce morality.

me3
10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Don't worry about them. Just keep reaching people and spreading the message.

Lord Xar
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
The MSM is seemingly trying to paint the anti-war candidate as liberal..

I never knew peace was a liberal idea.

Syren123
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
A liberal. The person against spending on social programs.

angelatc
10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
The people ar Daily Kos are probably as angry at AOL as we are. ;)

Phil M
10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I think they're still having a good time with the "Ron Paul is a crazy nutjob conspiracy theorist" line.

paulitics
10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
The MSM is seemingly trying to paint the anti-war candidate as liberal..

I never knew peace was a liberal idea.

yep, they are crafty aren't they?

Mark
10-22-2007, 04:45 PM
Their new tactic is to push Huckster as the "dark horse" even though his support has no substance.

The neocons, who rely on rhetoric of "values," think RP is liberal because RP doesn't believe in maximing government power to enforce morality.

I'm fixin' to EDUCATE Huckabee about JESUS. And HONOR.

Huck keeps saying 'honor' as I see babies blown to bits for his HONOR..

I'll make him shut-up with one question...

Who Would Jesus Murder to Protect Himself?

paulitics
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
I think they're still having a good time with the "Ron Paul is a crazy nutjob conspiracy theorist" line.

But I don't think it will be enough and they realize that. I mean the percentage of govt wary citizens has gone up dramatically in recent years, with all of the spying, torture, prison camps, NAU, etc.

They may go the Pat Buchanan route of he is an isolationist, rasist, antisemite. They are waiting for the primaries to pull out the ace in their pocket.

ronpaulyourmom
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM

EXACTLY.

terlinguatx
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM

American
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Well then lets get over to the Democrats, there pretty pissed off about the war also, I have had GREAT luck talking with them and I know a few people who I converted to RP supporters.

This can be used, why do you all still waste your time with the Republicans who are stuck on stupid. What the American people want is an honest politician, period. Its not that hard to sell this point.

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
a liberal??

never having voted to raise taxes you know that is a crock of shit. Liberals have never seen a tax that they didn't like...or that could be modded to be great.

manny
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Yes I have noticed the same thing, along with the endless questioning about running as a third party, even though RP has said he wouldn't! It's very frustrating. I think he should get more aggressive with them. He should ask them straight back that, since they're wanting increased state spending are they going to be voting democrat?

Did you guys see the interview with Hannity? Here again, Sean played a cleverer game than was let on. Watching it felt like RP won easily but I noticed Hannity got one dig in. They had their back and forth then Hannity said "well there's one thing i disagree with you on, it's a personal thing, I don't want al quaeda to get nucelar weapons" or something like that "... but my question is, will you vote for Hillary?" Unbelievable and, unfortunately, is all about putting doubts into the minds of average Republican voters. People will rarely vote one way because they are told to... instead it is how issues are presented, the way questions are asked, how they are framed. Again, especially in the face of a hostile media - as this is, the only thing to do, for RP and supporters is hit back. Point out that the neo-cons are behaving as liberals. Point out how unpopular they are - they are going to let Hillary in. And finally RP should have just pointed out that Hannity's view of foreign policy is precisely the one which makes terrorists want to get hurt Americans, with nuclear weapons or not. Hannity is anti-American.

Sorry to rant, I can only watch 30 seconds of Hannity at any given time before my blood boils and I just want to see someone, preferably RP, take him down. Guess the next best thing will be to get RP elected - maybe he'll declare the general election "just for fun!" And to think, this guy stsyles himself as a patriot. He should have it rammed down his throat every time he opens his mouth that he is unpatriotic, Americans are dying. In fact this should be the point to remember when selling peace. It doesn't need to be about "being nice", or for hippies , or in support of Hillary (she voted for the war!) - peace is patriotic, it preserves lives and avoids endangering civilians. Next time someone gets a phone in to Hannity, ask him why he is so left-wing on foreign policy.

OK rant over. Sorry, Xar, if I have ruined your thread :( ... I should spend less time on youtube!

Phil M
10-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Is anyone else surprised the racism allegations haven't started yet (except on a few blogs)? They're probably saving that till right before the first primary.

KramerDSP
10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
The people ar Daily Kos are probably as angry at AOL as we are. ;)

:D

KramerDSP
10-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Honestly, everything they try ends up blowing up in their faces, so more than worry, I actually welcome it. RP is the true teflon man, and that's only because he has nothing to hide. I think we keep getting new RP supporters every time they get sick of us and finally tune in to a debate and see how blatant this stuff is and has been going on, and the wool is pulled over their eyes.

sandersondavis
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm fixin' to EDUCATE Huckabee about JESUS. And HONOR.

Huck keeps saying 'honor' as I see babies blown to bits for his HONOR..

I'll make him shut-up with one question...

Your tag line shows a great ability to think critically. I think the direction you are heading with it shows promise. But...

I don't like this as a rebuttal. Why? I'm not too sure yet.
I would kill (murder) to protect my life, my family, and my property, as I think most people would.

Don't pay too much attention to this post. I've been wrong in the past and I might be wrong this time. I just thought I would spew out my first impression.