PDA

View Full Version : Christians AND Muslims Against the State

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 02:18 AM
Can never say enough good things about Will Grigg...

Christians and Muslims Against the State

Posted by William Grigg on February 3, 2011 02:29 PM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/77321.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Christians-shielding-Muslims-300x225.jpg

Several weeks ago, following terrorist attacks on worshipers at Coptic Christian services, hundreds — perhaps thousands — of Egyptian Muslims volunteered their services as “human shields” as their Christian neighbors celebrated the birth of Christ.

In recent days, Egyptian Christians protesting in the streets of Cairo have joined hands to create a protective barricade for their Muslim neighbors, shielding them from State-inflicted terrorist violence during prayers.

This is exactly what the cynical, bloody-minded people engineering a “clash of civilizations” want to prevent.

A better world is possible:

“…what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” (Micah 6:8)

ClayTrainor
02-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Love it.

"We will not be silenced, whether you're a Christian, whether you're a muslim, whether an atheist, you will demand your Goddamn rights, and we will have our rights, one way or the other! We will never be silenced!" - Random Guy in the video below.

Thought this was worth posting again, in this thread. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJMzmSZI

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
bump

moostraks
02-04-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice...This is so much better than what we seem to be being inundated with by the daily purveyors of doom and rage.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Nice...This is so much better than what we seem to be being inundated with by the daily purveyors of doom and rage.

I was indirectly accused of being one of those self same purveyors in another thread.

So, I've taken the criticism to heart, and will attempt to show some positive stories as well.

moostraks
02-04-2011, 12:39 PM
I was indirectly accused of being one of those self same purveyors in another thread.

So, I've taken the criticism to heart, and will attempt to show some positive stories as well.

:D

ibaghdadi
02-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Here's a video version of the picture above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fee3foxRVzI&feature=player_embedded

Freedom 4 all
02-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Not to sound corny, but this is just beautiful. This makes me happier than almost anything I've seen on the news in a long while.

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Not to sound corny, but this is just beautiful. This makes me happier than almost anything I've seen on the news in a long while.
It is.
Are you seeing this in the American news? (I don't have TV) or only on Foreign News Sites?

Acala
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM

We know your heart is in the right place, Bro.

Jack Bauer
02-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't be so optimistic about the situation. The middle-east's record doesn't allow me to be optimistic about it.

Let's wait and see what form of government will emerge in a post-Mubarak Egypt.

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Saw that this morning, and was impressed. God bless Will Grigg. :cool: Thanks for posting it here, AF.

Freedom 4 all
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
It is.
Are you seeing this in the American news? (I don't have TV) or only on Foreign News Sites?

Come to think of it, that was a poor choice of words. I haven't seen this on ANY mainstream news source yet and I doubt we will. A true triumph of the human spirit over tyranny and terror such as this would be the most threatening thing possible to the CNN and its government overlords.

Yieu
02-04-2011, 04:09 PM
AF, thank you very much for posting this thread. I'd give you rep for it, but I have to give it to someone else before I can give it to you again.

This really makes me happy, to see people of different faiths unite and help each other pray, thus helping each other serve God and get closer to Him.

It really is something I am very interested in, rather than fighting between the faiths, we should embrace each other and worship together, for we are all worshiping the same God. :)

This sort of accepting and respecting and tolerating the different faiths represents a much closer and loving relationship between us as religious brethren, but especially increases our relationship with God.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I wouldn't be so optimistic about the situation. The middle-east's record doesn't allow me to be optimistic about it.

I have to agree .

Yieu
02-04-2011, 04:55 PM

This isn't about how their government might turn out. This is about individuals accepting each other as brothers under God! That pleases me greatly, and I fail to see a downside in such unity.

oyarde
02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
This isn't about how their government might turn out. This is about individuals accepting each other as brothers under God! That pleases me greatly, and I fail to see a downside in such unity.

Good .

coastie
02-04-2011, 06:15 PM
It is.

I've been flipping back and forth between CNN and FOX and Al Jazera all day today(since 1 am, have insomnia), CNN has actually had -decent-(for them) coverage. It's happening too fast for them to spin it, the attempts I've seen are short and really dont last or are pursued.

Fox....so anyway....

AL Jazera has been absolutely phenomenal, as always. They've mentioned the cross-religion protection numerous times now.

PeacePlan
02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Past experience tells me nothing good will happen with what rises from the Egyptian ashes.

angelatc
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM

I like puppies. Just so you know. :)

bunklocoempire
02-04-2011, 06:37 PM
+:collins:

Spreading this far and wide. Thanks for posting.:)

Bunkloco

oyarde
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Uh OH , better not read the rooster fighting thread then .....

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Past experience tells me nothing good will happen with what rises from the Egyptian ashes.

History is being written.

Egypt has never had anything close to freedom.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg640/scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=9lgf.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

http://yfrog.com/hs9lgfp

ClayTrainor
02-04-2011, 07:27 PM
History is being written.

Egypt has never had anything close to freedom.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg640/scaled.php?tn=0&server=640&filename=9lgf.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

http://yfrog.com/hs9lgfp

With the exception of item #4, i am completely with them.

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 07:32 PM
With the exception of item #4, i am completely with them.

#4 is necessary for #5,#6,and #7 to happen.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2011, 07:40 PM
#4 is necessary for #5,#6,and #7 to happen.

After re-reading, I meant 4 and 5. I do not feel that establishing another tax-based organization (I'm assuming that's how it's paid for) is necessary for 6 and 7, nor is it likely to lead to a rational justice mechanism.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 07:41 PM

http://www.puppy-training-at-home.com/images/cute-newfoundland-puppy.jpg

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 07:43 PM
After re-reading, I meant 4 and 5. I do not feel that establishing another tax-based organization (I'm assuming that's how it's paid for) is necessary for 6 and 7, nor is it likely to lead to a rational justice mechanism.

One of the many groups that make up the "opposition" are the Judges. There are senior Judges in Tahrir Square.
They have long wanted an Honest Judiciary, and will be a part of the Transitional Government. As will several other factions.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2011, 07:44 PM
One of the many groups that make up the "opposition" are the Judges. There are senior Judges in Tahrir Square.
They have long wanted an Honest Judiciary, and will be a part of the Transitional Government. As will several other factions.

Well, I certainly hope you are correct.

Jack Bauer
02-04-2011, 07:48 PM

I certainly hope you are right but temporary alliances rarely end up well for all sides. Thats why I said lets wait and watch.

pcosmar
02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
I certainly hope you are right but temporary alliances rarely end up well for all sides. Thats why I said lets wait and watch.

Watching, Hoping and praying.

efforts for people to engage in discussion circles that lead to expression of vision for new egypt, or matters of strategy #Jan25

We are learning this as we do it, everything is by ear, but thats the beauty of it. Still very fragile though #Jan25

Egypt has NEVER had anything close to freedom. This is all very new to them.
This is Historic. and likely a bit frightening.

Philhelm
02-05-2011, 12:56 AM

Well, you are. But then, there usually isn't any good news to be found in the world. I'm pretty negative and cynical too.

Anti Federalist
02-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, you are. But then, there usually isn't any good news to be found in the world. I'm pretty negative and cynical too.

LoL

http://goodwilltravels.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Gloom-and-Doom.jpg

pcosmar
02-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Reports that Christians will have prayer and services in Tahrir Square tomorrow. Muslims will guard and protect, as Christians have been doing at Muslim Prayers..

Also word of a Wedding planed there tomorrow..

BlackTerrel
02-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Maybe. I hope you're right. The Copts I know here in the US aren't as optimistic as Lew Rockwell but it's a complex situation and no one knows how it will turn out.

My Coptic friend wrote this long/interesting analysis on Facebook

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277775-From-Facebook-one-man-s-excellent-analysis-on-the-situation-in-Egypt&highlight=facebook

pcosmar
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
HOPE

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/religion/christians-muslims-join-voices-in-tahrir-prayer-dp1.html
Christians, Muslims join voices in Tahrir Prayer

By Joseph Fahim February 6, 2011, 11:16 pm

CAIRO: Christians and Muslims recited in unison the “Our Father” prayer in Tahrir on Sunday, a day intended to commemorate those killed in pro-democracy protests since Jan. 25.

Egypt’s Protestant Asr El-Dubara Church has played a big role in calling for a Christian prayer in the central Tahrir Square, in which protesters have camped since Jan. 25.

Protestant preacher Ihab El-Kharat led two sermons at 1 and 2 pm at the Square.
“This is a blessed land. … Peace will always prevail in this country,” he told the tens of thousands that flocked to Tahrir, or Liberation Square.

“We are all one. Muslims and Christians are one,” he said.

This was proved true when a man who identified himself as Antoine, an Egyptian-French affiliated with the Catholic Church but only representing himself, recited the “Our Father” prayer.

The widely known Christian prayer was loudly recited after him by Muslims and Christians alike in a heartwarming show of unity.
Objections rose when he reached the part about forgiveness. “And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive them that trespass against us,” he said. “And we forgive Mubarak.”
The crowd refused to offer their forgiveness, citing the still-unrecognized killing of about 300 protesters.
Pope Shenouda, the head of the Coptic Orthodox Church, had asked members of the church not to join protests. However, a man who said he’s from the Melli Council of the Coptic Church but only representing himself recited a prayer of gratitude.

All speakers emphasized however that they represent all Christians in Egypt regardless of the sect.

A memorial was also held for those killed during what was dubbed the “Sunday of Martyrs”.

To add a hopeful note, a couple tied the knot in Tahrir, celebrating their marriage with the protesters.

:)

NewRightLibertarian
02-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Christians and Muslims need to unite and realize they are being divided for political and economic gain by their Zionist enemies who exert their dominance through state power.

ibaghdadi
02-06-2011, 11:15 AM
There was a mass today at Tahrir Square. Christians prayed while Muslims protected them. Then Muslims prayed while Christians protected them. Christians even shouted "Allahu Akbar" with the Imam.

Here's a picture from among the crowd: Muslim with the Qur'an and Christian with the Bible.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg610/scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=i1woc.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Also there was a wedding there later; a couple exchanged their vows. Another couple are spending their honeymoon in the square.

pcosmar
02-06-2011, 11:24 AM
spiropolo Dude on Al Jazeera English said the scene in #Tahrir was reminiscent of a #GratefulDead parking lot! #jan25 #Egypt #onelove

It's a beautiful thing.
:cool:

Anti Federalist
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
///