PDA

View Full Version : Must see: Abc news 'subway series' featuring Rand Paul

sailingaway
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
either that or ABC is stalking him....

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/110203_POL_SS_PAUL_wg.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/abc-news-subway-series-sen-rand-paul-12836096

There's an ad first, but it's short....

I resent the implication that Rand's $500 bill in cuts is 'off the rails....'

And Rand really does look like he's trying to get as far as physically possible from the guy....

Brett85
02-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Rand sounds really good on foreign policy. I'm glad that he was basically just pandering during the campaign to get elected.

Legend1104
02-03-2011, 11:36 PM
That little train thing is neat. I have come to believe that Rand is a lot more like his father than I tought. I think he covered himself much more during the elections and watered down his message (focused mostly on debt) in order to appeal to his voters. He know that you cannot always be as bold as Ron Paul. Ron Paul has earned the ability to speak his mind openly. Now that Rand is elected he has opened up a lot more. I think that is a pretty good and honest way to run with our views and still be able to win elections.

silverhandorder
02-03-2011, 11:41 PM
What is it with people talking about watering down the message. If you mean focusing on debt as watering down then yes but you are using the term in the wrong way.

Watering down usually means giving up ground.

BenIsForRon
02-03-2011, 11:47 PM
Great interview. You never see that kind of honesty from a politician, much less a US senator.

On foreign policy though, what Rand said really isn't going to work. Leaving a base open is pointless, all we are doing now is occupying, just go ahead and get everyone out.

EndSlavery
02-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Rand... 2016... most popular president in history... I need to sit down...

Brett85
02-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Great interview. You never see that kind of honesty from a politician, much less a US senator.

On foreign policy though, what Rand said really isn't going to work. Leaving a base open is pointless, all we are doing now is occupying, just go ahead and get everyone out.

He just talked about leaving a base open for two years. He wasn't talking about setting up a permanent base. He just has to frame the issue in a way that makes him still look like he's strong on national defense without supporting the current mission in Afghanistan.

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 12:50 AM
There's an ad first, but it's short....Ironically the ad that I just saw before the video was Goldman Sachs :mad:

Matt Collins
02-04-2011, 12:52 AM
What subway are they on?!?!

emazur
02-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Good answers by Rand (he's gotten off to a great start) but also props to the interviewer for good questions and letting Rand be open w/ his responses.

hazek
02-04-2011, 05:28 AM
Did you hear the last few seconds of it??:

Rand: "Hopefully I didn't anything that will hurt me too bad.."

Interviewer: "Haha, just a little bit.."

Feeding the Abscess
02-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I puked when he said he's a supporter of Israel and wants to be seen as a friend of Israel. Also, it's not election season anymore. He doesn't have to use deference when it comes to foreign policy. Wasn't pleased with him saying we should leave a base open in Afghanistan and maintain small troop levels there either.

Better than everyone else in the Senate, but Ron he ain't. Then again, we're talking about living up to the titan of our time.

sailingaway
02-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I puked when he said he's a supporter of Israel and wants to be seen as a friend of Israel. Also, it's not election season anymore. He doesn't have to use deference when it comes to foreign policy. Wasn't pleased with him saying we should leave a base open in Afghanistan and maintain small troop levels there either.

Better than everyone else in the Senate, but Ron he ain't. Then again, we're talking about living up to the titan of our time.

He doesn't have anything against Israel, and Israel does support us when others don't, sometimes. I don't know why you wouldn't call that an 'ally'. That is entirely separate from funding both sides of an arms race and fighting wars that aren't in OUR best interest, and hurt our position with multiple nations, nor are in our national security interest, which seems more like treason than friendship.

Romulus
02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Did you hear the last few seconds of it??:

Rand: "Hopefully I didn't anything that will hurt me too bad.."

Interviewer: "Haha, just a little bit.."

Yeah what the hell was that?