PDA

View Full Version : Can we average $18k an hour between now and midnight?

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
$18k an hour is what we need to average between now and midnight to reach the $430,000 goal that the campaign set, and that it needs to raise right now. I'm pretty sure that this would be the fastest hourly rate of online donations the campaign has ever gotten over a stretch of several hours with possible exception of certain points in the million dollar week at the end of September.

I truly believe that we can reach this goal. If you can donate now, please do.

And if you are sitting on money waiting until Nov. 5th to give it, remember the official campaign would prefer that you donate it now. Please communicate this change of plans to any people who have pledged from Nov. 5th and are interested in doing what is most helpful to the campaign.

ClayTrainor
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Im doing my best to convince my American Buddy to Donate $500, he's new to ron paul, but i think he's coming around.

I dont think we'll meet the goal, but, im gonna do everything in my power to try.

I hope you all do the same.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
$18k an hour is what we need to average between now and midnight to reach the $430,000 goal that the campaign set, and that it needs to raise right now. I'm pretty sure that this would be the fastest hourly rate of online donations the campaign has ever gotten over a stretch of several hours with possible exception of certain points in the million dollar week at the end of September.

And if you are sitting on money waiting until Nov. 5th to give it, remember the official campaign would prefer that you donate it now. Please communicate this change of plans to any people who have pledged from Nov. 5th and are interested in doing what is most helpful to the campaign.

You are a liar. The campaign has made no pronouncement about giving to Broadcast Freedom vs. the Ron Paul Money Bomb.

And, as several people have pointed out to you on this forum today, you do not have the authority to "change the plans" about Nov. 5th so you should not be acting like you do. The two guys who organized the RPMB have that authority, not you.

If you want to try to convince people to donate today instead of Nov. 5th, I frown upon that but go ahead. But you cannot continue to phrase this "change of plans" in order to intentionally trick people into thinking the campaign or the organizers of the RPMB authorized this nonexistent "change of plans."

You are LYING when you do so.

jgmaynard
10-22-2007, 04:29 PM
$18 K an hour is not even close to the fastest we have done. Just during the moneybomb on Saturday, we raised $31,500 in an hour.
I'm not sure why it is that I keep seeing "If you're waiting til the 5th to donate, do it now!" and haven't yet seen that same thing with the 11th date used instead. Methinks it sounds more anti-5th than pro-now.
That being said, I say (and am) donating now, on the 5th and on the 11th. I challenge others to match donations on all three days, of any amount you can afford.

JM

paulitics
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
The goal is achievable. Remember the spikes at 500,000 and 1,000,000? We will have a similar one, once it gets close to 400,000, if we can get there shortly.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:30 PM
$18 K an hour is not even close to the fastest we have done. Just during the moneybomb on Saturday, we raised $31,500 in an hour.
I'm not sure why it is that I keep seeing "If you're waiting til the 5th to donate, do it now!" and haven't yet seen that same thing with the 11th date used instead. Methinks it sounds more anti-5th than pro-now.
That being said, I say (and am) donating now, on the 5th and on the 11th. I challenge others to match donations on all three days, of any amount you can afford.

JM

Good point, the same goes for the 11th.

stevedasbach
10-22-2007, 04:31 PM

While I personally agree that donating now is better than waiting, it is disingenous to say that there is a change in plans. I have seen nothing to suggest that those organizing and supporting the Nov 5 project have changed their plans. IMO, implying otherwise to trick people into donating now instead of NOv 5th is wrong.

Adamsa
10-22-2007, 04:31 PM
Im doing my best to convince my American Buddy to Donate $500, he's new to ron paul, but i think he's coming around.

I dont think we'll meet the goal, but, im gonna do everything in my power to try.

Getting a new supporter would be just as big of a step!

ItsTime
10-22-2007, 04:32 PM
worry about winning his vote over first :) Keep up the good fight!

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Great job to all who have chosen to follow the new plans!
The graph shows a clear upswing starting at about 6 pm today!

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/

Spread the word to as many people as you can who might be sitting on money on the false pretense that the campaign would prefer that you donate on Nov. 5th instead of today. The campaign prefers it today. The more the better the sooner the better.

Let's reach the official campaign's goal! Keep up the excellent work!

paulitics
10-22-2007, 04:34 PM

the best thing is to pursuade people, but I don't recommend stating or implying the plan has changed for ethical reasons.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Great job to all who have chosen to follow the new plans!
The graph shows a clear upswing starting at about 6 pm today!

http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/

Spread the word to as many people as you can who might be sitting on money on the false pretense that the campaign would prefer that you donate on Nov. 5th instead of today. The campaign prefers it today. The more the better the sooner the better.

Let's reach the official campaign's goal! Keep up the excellent work!

You do not speak for the campaign, and you lie effortlessly and repeatedly.

philgest
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
I do hope we can make the goal.

Watching the debate and hearing the boos from the packed audience of neo-cons last night really pissed me off...so I did what I could do tonight...

Thank you very much for your donation of $200.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T66788-97410966

I've also pledged to donate 100 on the 5th, and I plan to follow through with that as well.

I sincerely believe that WE WILL REACH THE BROADCAST FREEDOM GOAL SET BY THE CAMPAIGN by midnight tonight....and I believe we will have a million dollar day (at least) on the 5th of November as well.

SO LET"S MAKE IT HAPPEN!

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
the best thing is to pursuade people, but I don't recommend stating or implying the plan has changed for ethical reasons.

But the Nov. 5th plan was never anything more than an agreed upon plan by those who like it. If those people agree to prefer to give sooner rather than later, then not only will they have more than fulfilled their promise, but they will also have changed their plans. This change of plans is a good thing. Let's promote it as much as possible.

Great work to those of you who have already followed through on the new improved donation plans. The more the better, the sooner the better.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:38 PM

No, it's true. I can show you emails I've gotten directly from the campaign soliciting money right now. The Nov. 5th idea is from other people, and is not backed by the campaign.

This new change of plans is in line with the official campaign's stated goals. Excellent work to all those who are donating!

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 04:40 PM
No, it's true. I can show you emails I've gotten directly from the campaign soliciting money right now. The Nov. 5th idea is from other people, and is not backed by the campaign.

This new change of plans is in line with the official campaign's stated goals. Excellent work to all those who are donating!

You are a real piece of shit.

enjerth
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
You are a liar. The campaign has made no pronouncement about giving to Broadcast Freedom vs. the Ron Paul Money Bomb.

And, as several people have pointed out to you on this forum today, you do not have the authority to "change the plans" about Nov. 5th so you should not be acting like you do. The two guys who organized the RPMB have that authority, not you.

If you want to try to convince people to donate today instead of Nov. 5th, I frown upon that but go ahead. But you cannot continue to phrase this "change of plans" in order to intentionally trick people into thinking the campaign or the organizers of the RPMB authorized this nonexistent "change of plans."

Wow.

You just did a hell of a lot better job than he did at shooting down the Nov 5 RPMB. Change of plans, indeed. I'm changing my plans right now. I'd rather disassociate myself from you as much as possible after reading that rant.

AFAIK, the campaign has nothing to do with this RPMB and everything to do with the current goal. You citing the RP campaign as authority behind the RPMB is bogus and actually works against you considering they are encouraging people to GIVE NOW rather than holding on to a few bucks for Nov 5.

Dropping a bomb now.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
You are a real piece of *bleep*.

I must admit, I find great amusement in those of you who are against our change of plans.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow.

You just did a hell of a lot better job than he did at shooting down the Nov 5 RPMB. Change of plans, indeed. I'm changing my plans right now. I'd rather disassociate myself from you as much as possible after reading that rant.

AFAIK, the campaign has nothing to do with this RPMB and everything to do with the current goal. You citing the RP campaign as authority behind the RPMB is bogus and actually works against you considering they are encouraging people to GIVE NOW rather than holding on to a few bucks for Nov 5.

Dropping a bomb now.

When did I say the campaign has anything to do with the RPMB?

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I must admit, I find great amusement in those of you who are against our change of plans.

You're almost no different than these neo-con bastards. You leave no room for compromise. Quit trying to shove your will onto others. We've said no a thousand times already, the 5th is still going. When is it going to sink in?

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:46 PM
You're almost no different than these neo-con bastards. You leave no room for compromise. Quit trying to shove your will onto others. We've said no a thousand times already, the 5th is still going. When is it going to sink in?

I am unable to shove my will on anyone. Some people will agree others will not. For those who agree there is a change of plans. And the new plans are just as official as the old ones.

Just remember everyone, the actual campaign needs money now, the more the better, the sooner the better. If you're able to donate, it's better to do so than to save that money until Nov. 5th. And if you signed the pledge to donate on Nov. 5th, then you can rest assured that you have fully discharged your duty by giving that money before the date you promised.

Lyn
10-22-2007, 04:47 PM
This waste of time and energy is ridiculous. Bomb as you feel led. If you want to bomb early and often then go ahead. If you want to wait then do so.

Honestly though, if certain people set up the Nov. 5 bomb it is really not your place to announce a change in their plans. Anymore than it is right to announce that you have just changed the bike route for the Ron Paul Riders. Its not your plan to change. But feel free to give as you see fit. We should all remember we are pushing for Personal liberty and freedom. I see little of that here. Just a lot of nanny wannabees.

werdd
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
why are you guys so freaking obsessed with november the fifth to hell with the movie and to to hell with the date when we got a goal to meet NOW.

enjerth
10-22-2007, 04:50 PM
When did I say the campaign has anything to do with the RPMB?

But you cannot continue to phrase this "change of plans" in order to intentionally trick people into thinking the campaign or the organizers of the RPMB authorized this nonexistent "change of plans."

It certainly seems like you implied that the RPMB is coordinated with the campaign by your association of the two here. Certainly you are saying that the campaign does not authorize giving now rather than later.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
This waste of time and energy is ridiculous. Bomb as you feel led. If you want to bomb early and often then go ahead. If you want to wait then do so.

Honestly though, if certain people set up the Nov. 5 bomb it is really not your place to announce a change in their plans. Anymore than it is right to announce that you have just changed the bike route for the Ron Paul Riders. Its not your plan to change. But feel free to give as you see fit. We should all remember we are pushing for Personal liberty and freedom. I see little of that here. Just a lot of nanny wannabees.

I don't know anything about the Ron Paul Riders, but if I and some of the Ron Paul Riders want to ride our bikes on a different path than some of the other Ron Paul Riders, then we have as much authority to make those new plans as the original Ron Paul Riders had to make their original plans. You can ride with whomever you want to ride, and you can donate with whomever you want to donate.

Those of us who want to maximize the value of our donation, if we have money that we were going to wait until Nov. 5th to donate, and we are able to donate it now, then we will donate it now. That is our change of plans. Other people care more about a symbolic date and will sit on their money and follow the old plans instead of the changed plans.

To those who agree with the more the better, the sooner the better:
Spread the word! It's working! Keep up the great work!

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 04:51 PM
why are you guys so freaking obsessed with november the fifth to hell with the movie and to to hell with the date when we got a goal to meet NOW.

because I don't have $100 right now. That's why.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
because I don't have $100 right now. That's why.

Nobody has asked anybody to donate what they don't have. If you pledged for Nov. 5th and can't give until then, then please go ahead with that plan. But if you pledged money for that date that you can give now, please understand that sooner is better. And you will have fully discharged your duty by giving even earlier than you promised.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
It certainly seems like you implied that the RPMB is coordinated with the campaign by your association of the two here. Certainly you are saying that the campaign does not authorize giving now rather than later.

I never made such a claim and the quote you cite does not support your saying that I did.

Erowe1 posted strongly implying that the campaign had stated a preference that people donate today instead of Nov. 5th. I pointed out that the campaign had made no such statement. That is hardly implying a connection between the RPMB and the campaign on my part.

Bottom line, as many people have pointed out to him, Erowe1 should not be making claims that there has been a "change of plans" or that "the campaign prefers" that people donate today instead of Nov. 5th. That he continues to brazenly do so makes him a liar in my book.

This is how the Clintons always justified (y) their lies: we're lying for a good cause.

Maybe, Erowe1, but believe me: every time I see your handle, the first word that pops into my mind will be: "liar".

PS -- Erowe, which meetup group are you the leader of? They might be interested in knowing that you plan on lying to them in a group e-mail tonight.

enjerth
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

WE are nothing more than an enormous array of independent individuals loosely organized and united behind a single cause, after which the goal is realized we will likely once again be at odds with each other.

Just because a few of you have said "NO" doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to continue to spread his ideas. Backed by a need for meeting a current goal in the campaign, his reasoning is FAR better than yours.

Don't you dare think we won't turn on each other, including those who you thought were with you turn on you. Because that's what you did right here.

Drknows
10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Its a edgy marketing strategy that works. Just like broadcast for freedom is working, By making you beg for donations now even though the ads are already paid for and really this money is just going to raising to win The other marketing strategy.

NOW or Later that is the question.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I haven't lied. I can't be responsible for false things you believe about me, so rest assured, I'll sleep well not even thinking about it.

The official campaign wants you to donate as much as you can as soon as you can. The goal of $430k by midnight tonight really does come from them. If you're sitting on something, waiting until Nov. 5th to donate it, that's a plan that comes form somebody else. This is all true.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Nobody has asked anybody to donate what they don't have. If you pledged for Nov. 5th and can't give until then, then please go ahead with that plan. But if you pledged money for that date that you can give now, please understand that sooner is better. And you will have fully discharged your duty by giving even earlier than you promised.

But you're coming off as: "We should totally forget the 5th of November and donate NOW NOW NOW!!!" That's what's pissing everyone off.

CoreyBowen999
10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
If we donate to the Advertise thing, does it go to the monthly total?

Brutus
10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
"And you will have fully discharged your duty by giving even earlier than you promised."

I don't know how you can say that. You weren't a part of the agreement so you can't say that something different discharges it. As I said elsewhere, I'm not really in on the symbolism of the 11/5 event, but I like its goal. I like the $430k goal too. Anything which fixes this country in a peaceful fashion sounds good to me.

For those who organized the 11/5 event and put lots of effort into it, I can understand how trying to redirect that would seem underhanded, so be considerate of their efforts.

Be considerate of others. There ARE egos at work here, on all sides, and there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with that.

Blowback
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM

I'd bet that it does.

yoshimaroka

Yes.

rp4prez
$330k in 3 days is pretty damn good if you ask me and the clock is still ticking.. :)

erowe1

Yes.

C4de
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd bet that it does.

It absolutely does. You can see that there are no project code requirements and that ALL online donations go to both goals. The $430K is a subset of the monthly goal.

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 05:06 PM
WE are nothing more than an enormous array of independent individuals loosely organized and united behind a single cause, after which the goal is realized we will likely once again be at odds with each other.

Just because a few of you have said "NO" doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to continue to spread his ideas. Backed by a need for meeting a current goal in the campaign, his reasoning is FAR better than yours.

Don't you dare think we won't turn on each other, including those who you thought were with you turn on you. Because that's what you did right here.

I didn't turn on anybody, I'm just telling him to stop with "ZOMG, DONATE NOWZ!!!!!ONE!!111!!1" Many have already expressed their opinion, now he's become just plain annoying. And I never said everyone should hold until the 5th. Donate whenever you want, but quit yapping like a damn chihuahua when we said we're going to stay on our current course.

I want to meet tonights goal too, but I'm strapped right now.

enjerth
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I never made such a claim and the quote you cite does not support your saying that I did.

Erowe1 posted strongly implying that the campaign had stated a preference that people donate today instead of Nov. 5th. I pointed out that the campaign had made no such statement. That is hardly implying a connection between the RPMB and the campaign on my part.

Bottom line, as many people have pointed out to him, Erowe1 should not be making claims that there has been a "change of plans" or that "the campaign prefers" that people donate today instead of Nov. 5th. That he continues to brazenly do so makes him a liar in my book.

This is how the Clintons always justified (y) their lies: we're lying for a good cause.

Maybe, Erowe1, but believe me: every time I see your handle, the first word that pops into my mind will be: "liar".

PS -- Erowe, which meetup group are you the leader of? They might be interested in knowing that you plan on lying to them in a group e-mail tonight.

You're absolutely correct. Officially, the campaign hasn't even recognized your RPMB. But they're asking for donations NOW. So if you want to go by the word of the campaign, the RPMB doesn't exist but the current goal is falling short.

As far as this thread (I don't know about other threads) Erowe1 did not imply that the "change of plans" was authorized by your "two guys", but it was directed at those who agree to donate now rather than later and that certainly constitutes as a legitimate change of plans.

Plans are made by individuals. Individuals have changed their plans. Plans have changed.

Live with it.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:10 PM
"And you will have fully discharged your duty by giving even earlier than you promised."

I don't know how you can say that. You weren't a part of the agreement

First, the "original agreement" was never anything other than a sharing of a goal among like-minded people. I never actually signed my name anywhere, but in my heart I was on board, which is just as meaningful when it comes to a grassroots, unofficial thing like this. And my plans changed, as have others'. Our new plans are just as official as our old plans, and just as official as the plans of those who still follow the old plans.

As to how I can say that a person can discharge their duty to give on Nov. 5th by giving it now, it's simple logic. If you donate $100 on Nov. 5th, then that money will increase the campaign's wealth by $100 from that moment on. If you donate it now, then it will increase the campaign's wealth by $100 for the period between now and Nov. 5th as well as from that moment on. So your initial promise will have been more than fulfilled.

enjerth
10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
I didn't turn on anybody, I'm just telling him to stop with "ZOMG, DONATE NOWZ!!!!!ONE!!111!!1" Many have already expressed their opinion, now he's become just plain annoying. And I never said everyone should hold until the 5th. Donate whenever you want, but quit yapping like a damn chihuahua when we said we're going to stay on our current course.

I want to meet tonights goal too, but I'm strapped right now.

You compared him to neo-cons, I suspect an intended insult, for encouraging people who are sitting on money 'til Nov 5 to donate now rather than then if that's all they've got.

I'd call that turning on him.

argounova
10-22-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah, zydico, suck a cock and shut up.

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 05:16 PM

I don't think he's lying here. The campaign would rather have the money today than any other day in the future. Hence why their emails say "donate now" with a link to the website. It does not say "donate later".

Blowback
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Now we need a little under $25k an hour... it's not looking good.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 05:20 PM
"As far as this thread (I don't know about other threads) Erowe1 did not imply that the "change of plans" was authorized by your "two guys"..."

Actually, he did, which is why the admins changed his intentionally misleading (I'm being nice) thread title.

Read posts #1, #70, and #72. Erowe1 is a liar.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27759

steph3n
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
"As far as this thread (I don't know about other threads) Erowe1 did not imply that the "change of plans" was authorized by your "two guys"..."

Actually, he did, which is why the admins changed his intentionally misleading (I'm being nice) thread title.

Read posts #1, #70, and #72. Erowe1 is a liar.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27759

stop fighting. (not targetting you, next time erowe posts i will tell him too!)

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 05:21 PM
yeah, zydico, suck a cock and shut up.

Whatever, Argounova. I'm arguing this for principle's sake -- i.e., people like Erowe1 should not brazenly and repeatedly lie on the forum, even if it's for a good cause -- while you're just arguing because you don't like the Nov. 5th idea.

Which doesn't stop you from piggybacking off it with your Nov. 11th idea, though, does it?

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 05:24 PM
You compared him to neo-cons, I suspect an intended insult, for encouraging people who are sitting on money 'til Nov 5 to donate now rather than then if that's all they've got.

I'd call that turning on him.

I didn't turn on him, I'm just telling him to shut up already. ...Or perhaps be a bit more tactful. Perhaps, "Donate now, if you can," rather than "OMG, change of plans!!!!!!"

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I haven't lied. What I say is 100% true. The plan to donate right now is endorsed by the official campaign. The plan to sit on money until Nov. 5th that you could give now is not endorsed by them. This is all true and verifiable.

steph3n
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
I haven't lied. What I say is 100% true. The plan to donate right now is endorsed by the official campaign. The plan to sit on money until Nov. 5th that you could give now is not endorsed by them. This is all true and verifiable.

erowe1, please stop fighting on this matter.
:)

We do not need in-fighting(not targetted sent to other party in this as well)

argounova
10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Be considerate of others. There ARE egos at work here, on all sides, and there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with that.

fuck people's fragile egos and libertarian-masked-terrorist-jack-off-fantasies if they can't come to grips with the fact that some people think the 5th is a dumb idea for many different reasons (associations, sitting too long on money that's needed now, etc) and want to have their voice heard and their ideas taken into consideration too.

whatever happened to

"i disagree with what you say, but i will fight to the death your right to say it"

in closing: donate now, donate on the 5th, donate on the 11th, donate tomorrow, donate yesterday. donate every fucking penny you don't need to pay rent and utilities.

alien
10-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Wow, the other canidates would love all this fighting. About what? When you want to donate. Hopefully we will make it but if we don't the campaign is far from over. I have given what I can and plan to donate on the 5th and the 11th too. But if it gets close then I'll give a little more and risk my wife kicking my a$$.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
fuck people's fragile egos and libertarian-masked-terrorist-jack-off-fantasies if they can't come to grips with the fact that some people think the 5th is a dumb idea for many different reasons (associations, sitting too long on money that's needed now, etc) and want to have their voice heard and their ideas taken into consideration too.

whatever happened to

"i disagree with what you say, but i will fight to the death your right to say it"

in closing: donate now, donate on the 5th, donate on the 11th, donate tomorrow, donate yesterday. donate every fucking penny you don't need to pay rent and utilities.

Argounova: follow me closely:

It's OK if some people don't like the Nov. 5th idea.

It's OK if some people prefer to donate tonight instead of Nov. 5th.

It's NOT OK for someone (Erowe1) to try to trick people into donating tonight instead of Nov. 5th by repeatedly stating that there's been an "urgent change of plans" or that the "campaign prefers" that you donate tonight instead of Nov. 5th.

Do you really not grasp this?

MrOrange
10-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Everyone take a deep breath.

While I think there are well-intentioned people wanting people to donate as much as they can now, I take exception to repeated attempts to undercut the November 5th pledge. I take exception to the notion that pledgers are somehow withholding money from the campaign to save up for one day. That simply isn't the case and isn't the intention of the event.

From my perspective, it hasn't been the intention of the November 5th money bomb people to take anything away from the regular donations that have been coming into the campaign at the urging of the campaign. On the contrary. The people who started the discussion about the big money bomb event on the 5th repeatedly reminded people not to forego their regular donations in favor of the 5th.

Now, some people may tighten up, but I think the vast majority of the nearly 7,000 who have already pledged (including me) at www.thisnovember5th.com will not be cutting off regular donations that they have already planned in favor of that one day. The graphs at ronpaulgraphs prove it. The projected Q4 total continues to go up and is approaching $7mil even as pledges pour in to www.thisnovember5th.com

I don't believe the November 5th money bomb will take away anything from the campaign's goals. That's just nonsense. I think it adds excitement and intrigue and motivation to be a part of something HUGE for those who would normally have squirrely feelings about dropping $100 or $200 in one day to a presidential campaign. Those types of HUGE events take time to develope. And, honestly, November 5th is really not that far away.

The money bombs fuel excitement about fundraising drives and a HUGE ONE-DAY event could be an enormous shot of adrenaline propelling us well past the $12 million goal. Because if we can get $1-2 million in a day (dare I say $10 million as is the goal) we can do anything, make us seem unbeatable, earn Ron Paul widespread buzz as the candidate who summons $10 million out of thin air.

Yes, it is important we try to fulfill this goal the campaign set out for us. And we're almost doing it (again, even as the pledges roll in to the november 5th website). I donated $25 today, spur of the moment, and I still plan on spending $100 on November 5th (hopefully Novemeber 11th as well). I'll donate in between too.

Please people, don't cast doubt in the minds of those who have already pledged to the November 5th money bomb. Don't argue that they are somehow hindering the campaign by not bombing their pledge now. That's just not cool. www.thisnovember5th.com is as worthy a goal as any and has the chance to be more spectacular than most and a very big statement. I truly hope everyone will stay on board with the 5th and pledges will continue to grow all the way to 100,000. I'm pulling for the radio tower too! CAN WE DO BOTH PEOPLE! I SAY YES! Thanks. :D

freelance
10-22-2007, 05:33 PM

Yes

alien
10-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Call out Erowe1 for the emails with a contact name and then check it out. May not be worth all the hassle though.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I take exception to repeated attempts to undercut the November 5th pledge. I take exception to the notion that pledgers are somehow withholding money from the campaign to save up for one day. That simply isn't the case and isn't the intention of the event.

I agree completely, for those who are not withholding money and who honestly cannot give until Nov. 5th, then more power to them for doing whatever they can. The Nov. 5th drive can be fun and exciting. But there are other things that are more important than having fun. And it may be that there are some people who are sitting on money that they can give now because they want to give on a special date. For those people, it's better to give now.

This change of plans that MrOrange and I and many others have is very important. Please spread the word to all those you know who may be waiting until Nov. 5th to give what they can just as easily give now. The official campaign has solicited donations from you for a need they have right now.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
It's NOT OK for someone (Erowe1) to try to trick people into donating tonight instead of Nov. 5th by repeatedly stating that there's been an "urgent change of plans" or that the "campaign prefers" that you donate tonight instead of Nov. 5th.

You're right that the campaign has not asked for any plans to be "changed". However, they have been pretty clear about 2 dates quickly coming up. The first being the Broadcast Freedom goal of reaching $430K by midnight tonight. The next campaign fundraising goal is to reach 4 million by midnight of October 31.

So, yes, I think it's fair to say the campaign would prefer if we meet THEIR STATED GOALS. Yes, indeed.

Note: I also support the November 5 grassroots goal. I sincerely hope we can do all of these.

argounova
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Argounova: follow me closely:

It's OK if some people don't like the Nov. 5th idea.

It's OK if some people prefer to donate tonight instead of Nov. 5th.

so what you're saying is free speech is ok as long as it is true and is not detrimental to the things that you support? stop making me laugh. you can't quantify the "ok" and "not ok" uses of free speech and of speaking one's mind., even if what is said isn't objectively consistent with the facts of reality.

"it's OK" for Erowe to say whatever he pleases, and if he wants to, trick as many people as he can!! that's his right to free speech, and if you don't like it then you can get together with the private owners of this forum and decide to refrain from allowing Erowe1 to use your private services. simple as that. then he can tout whatever he wants elsewhere.

dont pretend to support a free-market candidate if you feel as if it's someone's (YOURS? LOLOLOL) job to protect other people from misinformation, assuming that they're so fucking dumb and gullible, that they will believe it and follow it without first informing themselves as to the truth of some "claim" made on a forum.. especially because it was not sent out in a mass nov5th email. give people credit and don't think for a second that we want to outsource our judgment calls to you, so stop playing nanny.

spiteface
10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I just bombed now. Why wait almost 2 weeks!?! The campaign needs money now if you can give. It won't be much longer until the first votes are cast, time is quickly slipping up on us.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I just bombed now. Why wait almost 2 weeks!?! The campaign needs money now if you can give. It won't be much longer until the first votes are cast, time is quickly slipping up on us.

Great work spiteface! You have kept your promise and then some by donating earlier than you had to!!!

Who else wants to help the campaign? Join with spiteface and the rest of us who are giving now what we had intended to sit on until Nov. 5th!

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 05:49 PM
it's OK for Erowe to say whatever he pleases, and if he wants to, trick as many people as he can!! that's his right to free speech, and if you don't like it then you can get together with the private owners of this forum and decide to refrain from allowing Erowe1 to use your private services. simple as that. then he can tout whatever he wants elsewhere.

How do you think the guys who started the RPMB feel about Erowe1 claiming there's been an "urgent change of plans," and that people can "discharge their duty early" to the RPMB by donating tonight?

I suspect they'd call erowe1 a "liar" like I do. But I think I'll e-mail them these threads and find out.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
it's OK for Erowe to say whatever he pleases, and if he wants to, trick as many people as he can!! that's his right to free speech, and if you don't like it then you can get together with the private owners of this forum and decide to refrain from allowing Erowe1 to use your private services. simple as that. then he can tout whatever he wants elsewhere.

How do you think the guys who started the RPMB feel about Erowe1 claiming there's been an "urgent change of plans," and that people can "discharge their duty early" to the RPMB by donating tonight?

I suspect they'd call erowe1 a "liar" like I do. But I think I'll e-mail them these threads and find out.

If they care about getting Ron Paul elected, they LOVE it!

Keep up the great work everyone! The new plan is working! We just need to kick it up one more notch!

spiteface
10-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't know how they might feel.... Angry? Or happy people are supporting Ron Paul? Should be quite telling whatever you report back.

Zydeco
If they care about getting Ron Paul elected, they LOVE it!

Keep up the great work everyone! The new plan is working! We just need to kick it up one more notch!

Eric Rowe of the "Michiana" Ron Paul group. Letters being sent to RPMB founders now.

With links, including the ones where you say it's OK to lie.

austin356

This post is absurd and I am unsubscribing to the 5th b/c I dont want to be associated with such idiots that seem to defend it like its their children.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Eric Rowe of the "Michiana" Ron Paul group. Letters being sent to RPMB founders now.

With links, including the ones where you say it's OK to lie.

It's not ok to lie. But it is ok to donate money now that you were planning on sitting on until Nov. 5th. And buying a domain name doesn't change the logic of that.

Keep up the great work everyone! Remember, if you pledged to donate on Nov. 5th, you can give it now instead and it's even better. The more the better, the sooner the better.

Taco John
10-22-2007, 05:55 PM
This campaign is starting to suck. The people are ruining it.

Maybe it's just this site. I get more discouraged by visiting this site anymore, than I get encouraged.

Energy
I'm optimistic but don't worry if we don't meet the goal by the end of the day; it's not the end of the world.

This campaign is starting to suck. The people are ruining it.

Nah... just don't focus on the few irking you.

argounova
This post is absurd and I am unsubscribing to the 5th b/c I dont want to be associated with such idiots that seem to defend it like its their children.

i agree, Zydeco's behavior sucks so bad that i'm not going to donate in the Nov 5th MB either

Zydeco

1) you already posted that you're quitting; 2) I have no connection to the RPMB, I just can't stand liars; 3) Erowe1 has no right to claim authority to change the plans of the 5th, or discharge people from their pledges of the 5th, or any of his other claims.

We'll see soon how the RPMB guys feel about it.

Taco John
10-22-2007, 05:57 PM
withdrawn

Zydeco
i agree, Zydeco's behavior sucks so bad that i'm not going to donate in the Nov 5th MB either

You never were going to! You don't like the idea of the 5th and are on record stating so, and even starting your own Nov. 11th event to counter it.

So your statement that my behavior supposedly is making you not donate to the 5th is a lie. You and Erowe1 have a lot in common.

erowe1
Please Taco John, my eyes are bad, do you mind using a larger font?

spiteface
10-22-2007, 05:58 PM
pathetic

Taco John
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
withdrawn...

MrOrange
10-22-2007, 06:00 PM
erowe1,

I wasn't going to call you out specifically, but I do NOT endorse your "changing of plans" Read my previous post more carefully please. I take EXCEPTION to (object or do not like) people trying to UNDERCUT (another, more mild word for 'to sabotage') the November 5th pledge drive. There is no "change of plans" as you put it. People should pledge to the 5th and then continue to donate as much as they can in the mean time.

Why are people saying we are SITTING on money? Even if SOME people are withholding their money because of their pledge at www.thisnovember5th.com, two weeks is not that much time (not even halfway through the quarter). It is plenty of time for millions of dollars to be effective, and frankly the boost to the moral of the campaign would be priceless. And the event isn't just "for fun" It's about a statement, a statement in the form of an organized mass donation that no one could possibly ignore :eek:. It can create excitement beyond the level already experienced and can create huge momentum for the campaign.

Please everyone, give what you can today AND on the 5th (11th too). Here's to surpassing ALL goals. Then we can all have a Merry Christmas :). Thanks!

erowe1
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm going to donate my pledged $100 to the November 5th campaign. After that, I'm done with this site, and I'm done being active.

You people are a buzz kill.

Don't do it for us. do it for your country. Ron Paul supporters are united by only one thing right now, that's doing our best to get him elected.

Great job donating that $100 on Nov. 5th. But just think, you can keep your promise and help the campaign even more by donating that right now along with those of us who have changed the plans.

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Erowe,

Stop egging him on. It seems like you're doing it on purpose. :(

argounova
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
1) you already posted that you're quitting; 2) I have no connection to the RPMB, I just can't stand liars; 3) Erowe1 has no right to claim authority to change the plans of the 5th, or discharge people from their pledges of the 5th, or any of his other claims.

this is my last post;

Zydeco, you're a fucking moron. Erowe has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. anything that falls into those categories without infringing upon those same rights (of others) goes. that includes saying whatever he wants to. don't try to bring up "rights" as if you are using them correctly.

secondly, the guys at RPMB had a GREAT idea and are GREAT guys, obviously supporting the same ideals/candidate that i(we) do. that being said, who gives a fuck what they say about Erowe? so they had a good idea and a domain name, so the fuck what? they're still nobodies, and the point of the matter is that ron paul needs money now. the goals that the campaign sets are official and the MB is not, thats the end of the story. if you need more proof that the campaign wants money now, you should read the emails they send out almost every day asking for contributions TODAY.. not tomorrow, not the 5th, today.

discharging? that means people would have to be "enlisted" which they are not, they just joined an email list, which binds them and entitles them to nothing. its all just a faith-based grassroots campaign.

argounova
10-22-2007, 06:04 PM
You never were going to! You don't like the idea of the 5th and are on record stating so, and even starting your own Nov. 11th event to counter it.

So your statement that my behavior supposedly is making you not donate to the 5th is a lie. You and Erowe1 have a lot in common.

i actually was planning to donate on both days, when you email your buttbuddies over at RPMB you can ask them to affirm the fact that i am on the email list.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
erowe1,

I wasn't going to call you out specifically, but I do NOT endorse your "changing of plans" Read my previous post more carefully please. I take EXCEPTION to (object or do not like) people trying to UNDERCUT (another, more mild word for 'to sabotage') the November 5th pledge drive. There is no "change of plans" as you put it. People should pledge to the 5th and then continue to donate as much as they can in the mean time.

Why are people saying we are SITTING on money? Even if SOME people are withholding their money because of their pledge at www.thisnovember5th.com, two weeks is not that much time (not even halfway through the quarter). It is plenty of time for millions of dollars to be effective, and frankly the boost to the moral of the campaign would be priceless. And the event isn't just "for fun" It's about a statement, a statement in the form of an organized mass donation that no one could possibly ignore :eek:. It can create excitement beyond the level already experienced and can create huge momentum for the campaign.

Please everyone, give what you can today AND on the 5th (11th too). Here's to surpassing ALL goals. Then we can all have a Merry Christmas :). Thanks!

No, MrOrange, believe me, I get what you're saying exactly, and I agree with you. For those people who signed up for Nov. 5th and who are not sitting on money, but rather honestly can't give it now, I agree, there's nothing wrong with that. It's only for those people, however few they may be, who ARE sitting on money they could give now that we need to get the word out about the change of plans. You and I are in agreement that sitting on money that you could give now would be a bad thing.

Who's with MrOrange and the rest of us who are on board with the change of plans to donate money now that we had been planning on waiting until Nov. 5th to give? Come on! We can still make the goal set by the official campaign and keep our promise to the Nov. 5th pledge at the same time by giving that money now!

Great work to those who already have! It's working!

austin356
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM

1) I posted earlier that I was donating now, not that I was not donating in Nov.
2) You are its firmest supporter on this board. And you are a reflection of the MB.
3) Erowe has as much authority to tell people it has changed as you have to tell people it hasnt.

You have already stated earlier you dont agree with National, that puts you at a fork in the road:

You can go Right and just the hell up and just follow what the campaign says (money now).

Or

You can go left and actively work against the campaign by promoting your own agenda (and the 3rd party's, the 5th).

You have chosen the latter. That means you are doing harm to this campaign. Hell with the amount of animosity you have stirred up here, you could donate 2,300 tonight and still have done more to discourage donations than you encouraged.

That being said, I supported the 5th b/c it was a nifty idea. Any animosity from me is not directed at them.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Erowe,

Stop egging him on. It seems like you're doing it on purpose. :(

I have to admit I do get amusement out of it. It's a weakness I know.

Taco John
withdrawn... Just pissed off at the troll.

Zydeco
this is my last post;

Zydeco, you're a fucking moron. Erowe has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. anything that falls into those categories without infringing upon those same rights (of others) goes. that includes saying whatever he wants to. don't try to bring up "rights" as if you are using them correctly.

secondly, the guys at RPMB had a GREAT idea and are GREAT guys, obviously supporting the same ideals/candidate that i(we) do. that being said, who gives a fuck what they say about Erowe? so they had a good idea and a domain name, so the fuck what? they're still nobodies, and the point of the matter is that ron paul needs money now. the goals that the campaign sets are official and the MB is not, thats the end of the story. if you need more proof that the campaign wants money now, you should read the emails they send out almost every day asking for contributions TODAY.. not tomorrow, not the 5th, today.

discharging? that means people would have to be "enlisted" which they are not, they just joined an email list, which binds them and entitles them to nothing. its all just a faith-based grassroots campaign.

Argounova,

You brought little to the debate. No one doubts, for example, Erowe1's "right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." The rest of your latest post is similarly off-point.

At issue was whether Erowe1 had the right to claim authority to announce a "change of plans" regarding Nov. 5th or to "discharge people from their pledge" to Nov. 5th. He clearly does not, although you claim otherwise, even claiming he has the right to "trick people"! Nice.

I've alerted the people who run RPMB to this and his previous threads. We'll see how they feel about casual lying, especially when it impact the fundraiser they built.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Fuck off. You're bullshit was the last straw for me. I'm sick of trying to get people excited about donating to Ron Paul just to see jackasses like you piss on my efforts.

I'm tired of battling self-designated mommies who think they know what's best for everybody. I'm not rolling fat cash, but I'm rolling enough that I can donate now and again. I'm NOT donating today though. My last donation will be on November 5th. It's not worth it anymore, watching the grass roots cannibalize itself.

This place makes me sick.

This campaisng isn't self-destructing, John, it's soaring.

Which is why we have the luxury of calling out lying assholes like Erowe1.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 06:12 PM
So wait, Zydeco, are you saying that you honestly think it's better if people on the Nov. 5th pledge who are able to give that money now, rather than sit on it until then, that they should sit on it?

You know that's opposite of what the official campaign has asked of us right?

austin356
This campaisng isn't self-destructing, John, it's soaring.

Which is why we have the luxury of calling out lying assholes like Erowe1.

So even the people who are disinters from the official campaign are divided.

hahahahaha

At least get your act together if you plan on tearing apart a campaign.

Zydeco
3) Erowe has as much authority to tell people it has changed as you have to tell people it hasnt

Really, Austin? Erowe1 has the right to announce a change of plans for the Ron Paul Money Bomb? Where does he get this right?

You can't be stupid enough to equate Erowe1 telling people there's a been a RPMB change of plans to me telling Erowe1 he does not have that right. The people who have the right to change the plans to the RPMB are the guys who started it.

Not that complicated. Do you have a counterargument, Austin?

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 06:13 PM
MY TEXT IS BIGGER THAN YOUR TEXT!

paulitics
10-22-2007, 06:14 PM
MY TEXT IS BIGGER THAN YOUR TEXT!

lmao.

spiteface
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Zydeco, you have a funny notion of "rights"

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
How so? You think Erowe1 has a right to claim the authority he does on this message board?

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Now that I have your attention, please quit freaking out.

The November 5th thing will still happen, no matter what erowe does today. It's not going to get derailed just because some of the people who read this forum decide to donate some of what they planned to donate on the 5th today.

Either way, the campaign is getting the money, and that's ultimately what we all want. All this bickering over dates is just egotism.

Please, please, please drop it. It's not the end of the world.

spiteface
10-22-2007, 06:17 PM
He has no authority, he's blabbering on a message board. People can listen or not. Where do you not follow.

austin356
10-22-2007, 06:18 PM
3) Erowe has as much authority to tell people it has changed as you have to tell people it hasnt

Really, Austin? Erowe1 has the right to announce a change of plans for the Ron Paul Money Bomb? Where does he get this right?

You can't be stupid enough to equate Erowe1 telling people there's a been a RPMB change of plans to me telling Erowe1 he does not have that right. The people who have the right to change the plans to the RPMB are the guys who started it.

Not that complicated. Do you have a counterargument, Austin?

Yea I do; He as a right to say whatever he freaking pleases, even if it is false.

Is what erowe1 has been saying constitute fraud?

I have a right to go around telling random people the President has been shot, but does that mean they are going to listen to me?
I believe not.

erowe1
10-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Now that I have your attention, please quit freaking out.

The November 5th thing will still happen, no matter what erowe does today. It's not going to get derailed just because some of the people who read this forum decide to donate some of what they planned to donate on the 5th today.

Either way, the campaign is getting the money, and that's ultimately what we all want. All this bickering over dates is just egotism.

Please, please, please drop it. It's not the end of the world.

Exactly!
If you pledged to give on Nov. 5th, you can give now and fulfill that promise early.
In fact, in so doing, you will be doing an even greater good for the campaign.

Great work to those who have already changed plans!

argounova
10-22-2007, 06:23 PM
You have chosen the latter. That means you are doing harm to this campaign. Hell with the amount of animosity you have stirred up here, you could donate 2,300 tonight and still have done more to discourage donations than you encouraged.

agreed, cut it out z

KewlRonduderules
10-22-2007, 06:24 PM
How so? You think Erowe1 has a right to claim the authority he does on this message board?

I think you are getting caught up in symantecs. Take a step back and look at the message Erowe was trying to convey. The campaign wants money to fill the radio tower by 12PM EST tonight. If you can't do today and Nov. 5th then do the former. It is important to fulfill campaign goals and that is priority.

You are reading way too much into what he said. Moreover, your foul language and hurtful language does damage to us here who are trying to promote good. This actually scares and distances people. Do you really want that? I certainly don't.

Take it from a psychotherapist, the best way to argue viewpoints is through constructive dialog- Not yelling and arguing especially through large letters.

;)

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 06:25 PM
agreed, cut it out z

Argounova, I thought you said you had graced us with your final post.

Do you say anything that's true? Ever?

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
I think you are getting caught up in symantecs. Take a step back and look at the message Erowe was trying to convey. The campaign wants money to fill the radio tower by 12PM EST tonight. If you can't do today and Nov. 5th then do the former. It is important to fulfill campaign goals and that is priority.

You are reading way too much into what he said. Moreover, your foul language and hurtful language does damage to us here who are trying to promote good. This actually scares and distances people. Do you really want that? I certainly don't.

Take it from a psychotherapist, the best way to argue viewpoints is through constructive dialog- Not yelling and arguing especially through large letters.

;)

Where did I use large letters?

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Exactly!
If you pledged to give on Nov. 5th, you can give now and fulfill that promise early.
In fact, in so doing, you will be doing an even greater good for the campaign.

Great work to those who have already changed plans!

I wish you'd drop this crap, too.

Look, everyone knows that the campaign has set a deadline for today. It's right up there on the official website. If you want to donate to it, great. I did.

But just for the sake of PEACE among Ron Paul supporters, please stop belaboring this November 5 thing and telling people to do this instead of November 5.

All you're accomplishing is antagonizing people who have made November 5 a pet project, making us look like asses in front of whatever noobs come here and see this crap, and driving the rest of us nuts with the pointless bickering.

When I ask people to drop it, I'm asking you, too.

MrOrange
10-22-2007, 06:27 PM
You and I are in agreement that sitting on money that you could give now would be a bad thing.

Not necessarily completely in agreement. I simply do not think you should rope the November 5th pledge drive into this discussion. If you make people feel like they are just "sitting on money" it can only hurt what I believe is a very worthwhile money bomb event. It would be better, I think, if one were simply to just say "Please, let's reach this goal. C'mon we can do it!" and leave any discussion of November 5th out of this particular part of the "raising to win" campaign.

Downplaying www.thisnovember5th.com, an event many people are excited about (many of whom would never even think of giving $100+ in one day to a campaign otherwise), just acts as a buzz kill for something that could be really exciting to witness and even more exciting to be a part of.

That's just my opinion, though. I admire your intensity in reaching the RADIO goal. There are some who are equally intense and excited about the November 5th goal. Both are worthy to shoot for. Neither is greater than the other. We will surprise everyone, people. Let's stick together.

This disagreement is nothing but passionate talk among passionate people who are equally passionate about Ron Paul's message of freedom, who simply have different views on what's best for the campaign right now. We're passionate, but let's stop the attacks and rudeness, because it is driving people from the forums and perhaps from Ron Paul.

Then again, dropping support or to quit donating because of a little overly-zealous (sometimes childish) banter is, in itself a little childish, don't you think? Don't leave because of this thread, people. We all have the same end goal: Ron Paul for President!

IowaSupport
10-22-2007, 06:45 PM
I wish you'd drop this crap, too.

Look, everyone knows that the campaign has set a deadline for today. It's right up there on the official website. If you want to donate to it, great. I did.

But just for the sake of PEACE among Ron Paul supporters, please stop belaboring this November 5 thing and telling people to do this instead of November 5.

All you're accomplishing is antagonizing people who have made November 5 a pet project, making us look like asses in front of whatever noobs come here and see this crap, and driving the rest of us nuts with the pointless bickering.

When I ask people to drop it, I'm asking you, too.

Seconded, great idea to donate tonight, but come on - encourage people without beating down the Nov. 5th folks - you CAN lift people up without shoving others down.

I'll be donating both tonight and on the 5th.

(My beer money slips through my hands and to the campaign yet again!)

tfelice
10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
It's amazing when you read through this board and see the immaturity of some people. The campaign may not reach its "Broadcast to Win" goal or its October fundraising goal, but none of that matters to some because they want to donate on the 5th. It seems to me that people are putting their personal goals above the goals of the campaign.

I say let the campaign set the goals, they are far wiser & far more experienced about this than any of the forum members here. Try to remember this is about getting Ron Paul elected President of the United States, not about some idea a handful of people with a website have, so they can sit back and talk about how cool they are.

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 07:00 PM
It's amazing when you read through this board and see the immaturity of some people. The campaign may not reach its "Broadcast to Win" goal or its October fundraising goal, but none of that matters to some because they want to donate on the 5th. It seems to me that people are putting their personal goals above the goals of the campaign.

I say let the campaign set the goals, they are far wiser & far more experienced about this than any of the forum members here. Try to remember this is about getting Ron Paul elected President of the United States, not about some idea a handful of people with a website have, so they can sit back and talk about how cool they are.

Well, then work on your reading comprehension.

The issue was truthfulness, not dedication.

alien
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM

He has the right to free speech. But that doesn't mean he is not an unethical asshole. Not saying that he is either. But then you have the right to stand up for the founders of course. So as far as our rights go you are both right. Isn't that the whole reason we are trying to elect Ron Paul? Freedom.

I think everybody is wasting energy and I wouldn't doubt that some people in here are not even Ron Paul supporters but support other canidates and are just trying to stir things up.

It doesn't take that long to run up a few hundred posts if your posting the same dribble over and over again.

Suzu
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
You are a real piece of shit.

For encouraging donations to Ron Paul? I don't think so.

bolidew
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
less than 2 hours to go.........

Zydeco
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
For encouraging donations to Ron Paul? I don't think so.

Suzu,

If you're going to comment on a thread, read the whole thing so you know what you're talking about.

It's probably not too hard to guess that I wasn't calling Erowe1 an asshole "for encouraging donations to Ron Paul." Or maybe it is.