PDA

View Full Version : [Video]: Houston Police beat the crap out of teenager

Nate-ForLiberty
02-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Video at link

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/13_undercover&id=7936228

It was an afternoon in March when a security camera captures the end of a Houston police pursuit. Burglar Chad Holley tries to make a run for it, but he's clipped by a police car and falls on the ground. He clearly puts his arms out in the surrender pose then folds his arms before police move in.

The first officer stomps on Holley's head and he's repeatedly kicked. We counted four officers doing the kicking. Then one officer lands five kicks. It looks like the kicks are landing on Holley's head. Holley has been on the ground with cops on top of him for about 20 seconds and then one officer lands five heavy punches.

The officer who did the kicking in the beginning does it again -- this time from behind. Then he stomps on the back of his leg. And then just before Holley is picked up to be taken to a patrol car, there's another lick. But now we make this video public -- months after the district attorney, the police chief and the mayor refused to let you see it.

"I got the tape legally so sit back and watch your television tonight, like everybody else in this city, because we are all going to see what's going on," community activist Quanell X said.

Quanell X had been sued by one of the cops in the Holley case. A judge gave him the right to get the tape and he gave it to us. Just minutes after we made our copy, the federal judge who had blocked release of this tape before was on the phone trying to stop its release. It was too late.

*[A comment from the article]

"Now that I have regained my composure, I will comment. With over 20 years at HPD and many arrests to my credit, not once did I feel the need to kick someone in the head. These guys didnt honor their badge"

pcosmar
02-03-2011, 06:21 PM
How long,
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2010/0618/Beating-death-of-Egyptian-businessman-Khalid-Said-spotlights-police-brutality

How long till "We are all Khaled Said"

http://www.facebook.com/elshaheeed.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPMU4rzE9i4

Nate-ForLiberty
02-03-2011, 07:39 PM
bump

youngbuck
02-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Animal like thugs - it's what I'd expect from the worse gangbangers.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2011, 02:02 AM
How long,

How long till "We are all Khaled Said"

How long what?

Until we are all Khaled Said? I submit we already all are

Something like this might not have happened to us, personally, but it can, at any moment, for any reason, or no reason at all, you may find yourself at the receiving end of a state enforcer's beating. And, like Winston Smith in 1984, ruminating on just how ubiquitous the Thought Police's surveillance was, we start to all find ourselves operating under the assumption that a beating is forthcoming, and cower, cringe and guard our actions accordingly.

Or how long until the American people rise up in righteous anger at their oppressors and attempt to shake them off, like the people in Eygpt?

Never.

heavenlyboy34
02-04-2011, 11:39 AM
How long what?

Until we are all Khaled Said? I submit we already all are

Something like this might not have happened to us, personally, but it can, at any moment, for any reason, or no reason at all, you may find yourself at the receiving end of a state enforcer's beating. And, like Winston Smith in 1984, ruminating on just how ubiquitous the Thought Police's surveillance was, we start to all find ourselves operating under the assumption that a beating is forthcoming, and cower, cringe and guard our actions accordingly.

Or how long until the American people rise up in righteous anger at their oppressors and attempt to shake them off, like the people in Eygpt?

Never.

That is so depressing because it's most likely true. :(

specsaregood
02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
"No reflective of the men and women that serve the city of Houston"

Uhhuh, sure, just 5 or 6 bad apples that happened to be the whole bunch at the scene. I'm sure the rest are perfectly great and totally different than this crew.

Brian4Liberty
02-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Hopefully the Mayor doesn't get re-elected due to this. What a politician.

Mayor Annise Parker:

"Whoever provided the video to Channel 13 is in violation of a federal court order and should be prosecuted. It is unfortunate and irresponsible that Channel 13 has chosen to air the material at this time"
"I was angry and frustrated last night. Having slept on it, I would not have been quite so harsh," said Mayor Parker.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-04-2011, 01:20 PM
Hopefully the Mayor doesn't get re-elected due to this. What a politician.

She got a lot of support due to the previous Mayor's endorsement (Bill White, who then ran against Gov. Rick Perry), and the fact that she's the first gay female to run (and eventually win). Houston, for some reason, is the pocket of blue in a red state.

libertybrewcity
02-09-2011, 12:51 PM
I cannot believe those police are such animals.