PDA

View Full Version : The Bernank Says He Is Responsible For Higher Stocks Not Higher Commodity Prices

inthemoneystocks
02-03-2011, 02:08 PM
The chairman of the Federal Reserve bank held a press conference today and took questions from reporters. This is the central banks way of being transparent as Congressman Ron Paul says he wants a full audit of the U.S. central bank. To the credit of CNBC news anchor, Michelle Caruso Cabrera, she pointed out that Ben Bernanke admitted he is behind the higher asset prices in the stock market, however, he said his actions were not the cause of inflation that is taking place in the world today. Oh, I guess this is just another conundrum as the Bernank takes a page out of Alan Greenspan's book.

http://www.inthemoneystocks.com/userfiles/bankers%202_3_11.jpg

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

freshjiva
02-03-2011, 02:17 PM
More Keynesian demand-side blindness.

All the better for the smart investor. Gold, silver, and commodities -- start investing in them!

Jack Bauer
02-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Of course he's responsible for higher stock prices. He just gave the stock holders a trillion dollars of tax payer money!

nobody's_hero
02-03-2011, 04:00 PM
He is responsible for higher stock prices because of inflation. I'd rather have a $3/share stock I could trade for a loaf of bread, than a $12,000/share stock that I couldn't trade for a crumb.

sailingaway
02-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Nonsense. When you trash the dollar commodities go up as an artificial result. Not to mention through inflation.

emazur
02-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Back in the 1920s did the Fed try to take credit for the stock market boom? I know of course they were assigned blame by the Austrians for blowing up a stock market bubble but I don't know if the Fed tried to say that was a good thing