PDA

View Full Version : RISING FOR 2012: Ron Paul, Mitch Daniels, Jim DeMint, Mike Huckabee, Rick Santorum

bobbyw24
02-03-2011, 07:01 AM
Here we are, a year before the first caucuses and primaries, and to our stunned surprise, not a single presidential candidate has made his or her campaign official. But behind the scenes, the invisible primary is well under way, as candidates hit the trail and solicit support. We’re tracking the key players and moves to answer the question: Who is best positioned to win the 2012 Republican presidential nomination?

We rank the top 15 GOP contenders using four criteria:

http://www.nationaljournal.com/daily/presidential-power-rankings-20110202

GunnyFreedom
02-03-2011, 07:06 AM
"but Ron Paul is not going to be the 2012 presidential nominee." :rolleyes: wtf?

sailingaway
02-03-2011, 07:09 AM
"but Ron Paul is not going to be the 2012 presidential nominee." :rolleyes: wtf?

That's their advertising meme. They call it 'coverage' but when you are pushing a conclusion in hopes of making it come true, it is 'advertising'. What's irritating is they rate MB ABOVE him.... and you know it is only for age (ageists!!!). The only thing she is running on is pieces of his platform....

rprprs
02-03-2011, 07:13 AM

They just HAVE to do it. Bastards. :mad:

Sola_Fide
02-03-2011, 07:22 AM
What if DeMint really starts to gain traction?

libertybrewcity
02-03-2011, 07:24 AM
those losers. he's only 13 despite polling in 3rd or 4th in most polls? they have some serious issues.

Gaius1981
02-03-2011, 07:27 AM
The folks at National Review/Ricochet seem to favor Mitch Daniels and John Bolton. Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are included in the opening analysis, but are snubbed in the discussion.

hxxp://ricochet.com/main-feed/The-Expendables-GOP-Presidential-Primary-Edition

Sola_Fide
02-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I ask again:

bobbyw24
02-03-2011, 07:36 AM
I ask again:

That would be real trouble as his fund raising abilities are very strong. And he appeals to some of the neo-con types in the GOP.

Sola_Fide
02-03-2011, 07:38 AM
That would be real trouble as his fund raising abilities are very strong. And he appeals to some of the neo-con types in the GOP.

Yes.

bobbyw24
02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
And the MSM finds DeMint more palatable and would give him much better and positive coverage. And most voters still get their info from the MSM.

hazek
02-03-2011, 07:56 AM
That's their advertising meme. They call it 'coverage' but when you are pushing a conclusion in hopes of making it come true, it is 'advertising'. What's irritating is they rate MB ABOVE him.... and you know it is only for age (ageists!!!). The only thing she is running on is pieces of his platform....

It's just blatant propaganda, nothing more, nothing less AND it's our biggest enemy.

If we do not focus every ounce of our energy to specifically counter their propaganda Ron doesn't stand a chance. You can fundraise, you can advertise, you can talk to people, you can do what ever the hell you think will get us the support but it will all be in vein because the propaganda machine will repeat their lies often enough for them to become the truth and we will never win.

It is the single most important force of evil that we have to find a way to beat. Nothing else matters and I wish you listen to me and I wish you believe me when I tell you this.

Sola_Fide
02-03-2011, 08:07 AM
And the MSM finds DeMint more palatable and would give him much better and positive coverage. And most voters still get their info from the MSM.

Yes.

Slutter McGee
02-03-2011, 08:18 AM

DeMint I might actually vote for in a general. Not so with most of the other Republicans.

That said, it is people who support him who we can gain to support Dr. Paul, assuming he doesn't run.

Slutter McGee

sailingaway
02-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Yes.

It is like last time. The conservatives will be fragmented; the establishment sort will communally settle on a candidate relatively early and others who didn't get traction will drop out. Michelle Bachmann and De Mint each pull from the fiscally conservative who might like Ron, if they don't care about other parts of his platform as much. I'd say De Mint has a more serious record, but MB is more fashionable with a sect to whom fashion seems very important. I suspect she is really putting herself out there to generate buzz for a later run, or for a senate run.

TroySmith
02-03-2011, 08:37 AM
It really would not surprise me to see a Paul/Bachman ticket become strong.

Sola_Fide
02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
You know, as bad as things are going to get in the next few years, I don't know who in their right mind would want to be president...

RonPaulFanInGA
02-03-2011, 09:17 AM
ON THE BUBBLE: Bobby Jindal, Gary Johnson, George Pataki, Rick Perry, Donald Trump

Ouch. Gary Johnson is seen as a lesser 2012 GOP primary candidate than Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann and Rudy Giuliani.

Feeding the Abscess
02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I ask again:

I'd vote third party.

CUnknown
02-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I'd rather see DeMint get the nomination than Romney or Newt. But I wouldn't vote for him.

Bruno
02-03-2011, 11:11 AM
The comments are awesome. :)

Stary Hickory
02-03-2011, 12:13 PM

I can live with Demint, especially if we are out of Iraq before the next presidential elections.

First pick is Ron Paul, I'd like to see it. Wish Rand was able to run, he would have a good shot at it right now.

bobbyw24
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
I can live with Demint, especially if we are out of Iraq before the next presidential elections.

First pick is Ron Paul, I'd like to see it. Wish Rand was able to run, he would have a good shot at it right now.

Well stated

erowe1
02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Ouch. Gary Johnson is seen as a lesser 2012 GOP primary candidate than Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann and Rudy Giuliani.

And rightly so. I hope Nalle and the other RLC folks take notice of that.

erowe1
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM

Demint running would definitely be bad for RP. I'd say he benefits if Palin, Demint, and Bachman all stay out, and outside of those, the more people in the race the better.

In fact, come to think of it, that presents us with one rationale for RP to wait as long as possible to enter the race. There's a very distinct possibility that if RP runs and if he starts to emerge as a serious candidate, then the GOP will go out of its way to put someone else in to draw votes away from him (the way the Dems got Carol Moseley Braun to run in 2004 in hopes that she'd minimize Al Sharpton's impact). There's something to be said for a strategy of RP putting off entering the race to make it less likely for someone who hasn't already started campaigning to jump in after him.