PDA

View Full Version : Govt. Charges 7-Year-Old for Bringing Toy Nerf Gun to Class...

Reason
02-03-2011, 12:55 AM
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Cops-Charge-7-Year-Old-for-Bringing-Toy-Gun-to-Class-115125844.html

sevin
02-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Police charged the 7-year-old with possessing an imitation firearm in or on an education institution – a misdemeanor and a minor juvenile offense in New Jersey.

There's actually a law on the books against toy guns!?

School officials described the child as "a nice kid" and "a good student."

This poor kid probably doesn't understand what he did wrong. All he knows is a bunch of adults are mad at him for having one particular toy, when most other toys are okay.

Authorities haven't commented on what specific disciplinary action or punishment the boy faces though it could involve counseling and other resources made available to the family.

Counseling? Counseling!? I've been trying to swear less lately, but give me a fucking break! I wish I could punch whoever called the cops.

Pericles
02-03-2011, 09:34 AM
At least the penalty for that isn't castration - yet. As if I needed more evidence to justify marking NJ as a contamination area on my map.

Romulus
02-03-2011, 12:38 PM
That boy needs to learn not to imitate war. You can only do that when your an adult, in foreign countries.

DamianTV
02-03-2011, 05:17 PM
We live in a society where we promote the idea that "War is Cool" with all of our XBox 360s and First Person Shooters, sell toy guns to kids so they can play shoot each other, then when one of the kids brings one of their toys to school, they suddenly need counceling?

oyarde
02-03-2011, 07:12 PM
And people that retarded are supposed to educate the children ????

brandon
02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Fucking jersey...sigh

oyarde
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Fucking jersey...sigh

Yep .