PDA

View Full Version : Mike Huckabee Huckabee: Opposing Israeli Settlements Is ‘Racism’ And ‘Apartheid’

Agorism
02-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Huckabee: Opposing Israeli Settlements Is ‘Racism’ And ‘Apartheid’

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/02/02/huckabee-settlement-apartheid/

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/huckabee.jpg

Former Arkansas governor and likely 2012 presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is in Israel this week, where he attended the ceremony for the opening of a new Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank. At the ceremony, he called it “inconceivable in many ways that we would have to even argue and debate” about whether settlements are wise or legal. But today, Huckabee took his radical stance much further, repeating his call for Palestinians to move out of Israel, and telling Israel Today Magazine that anyone who opposes the consturction of Israeli settlements is guilty of racism and aparthied:

“I think there probably should be [a Palestinian state], but it doesn’t necessarily have to be on the tiny postage-stamp-size piece of land that is Israel,” he said. “I’m not against a Palestinian state. I am against, and not really against, but I’m just being realistic – I don’t see how it works to put two people and two governments right on top of each other.”

Huckabee went on to blast the Arab position – which has been adopted by the rest of the world – that the Jews must stop building in Judea and Samaria, lands claimed by the Palestinians, in order for peace to be achieved.

“To tell Jewish people, ‘You cannot live here, you cannot raise your children here,’ this is the true racism, this is apartheid,” said Huckabee. “I cannot imagine as an American being told that I could not live in certain places in America because I was Christian, or because I was white, or because I spoke English.” -Hucker

Jewish settlements on Palestinian land in the West Bank are a key roadblock to the Middle East peace process, which is why, for decades under both Democratic and Republican administrations, it has been official U.S. policy to oppose settlement construction. President Reagan called settlements “ill-advised” and “unnecessarily provocative,” while President Bush said settlement activity “must stop.” The U.N. and the European Union also both oppose settlements. Does Huckabee really believe the American government, including Bush and Reagan, are racists and guilty of Apartheid?

robert68
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM
He must be an OT Christian.

EvilEngineer
02-02-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see him venture into the very strictly Jewish neighborhoods and watch him get his ass run out.

fj45lvr
02-03-2011, 01:13 AM
I guess he figures that he needs to do this to get AIPAC behind his sorry ass for nomination.

what a douche.

Agorism
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
bump

YumYum
02-03-2011, 09:15 PM
While he is sucking up to the Israeli government the Jews I have talked to are are calling him a goylem who is a "yoksh", which is nothing more than a big dumb buffoon. It makes me laugh.

oyarde
02-03-2011, 09:31 PM
While he is sucking up to the Israeli government the Jews I have talked to are are calling him a goylem who is a "yoksh", which is nothing more than a big dumb buffoon. It makes me laugh.

Goylem , meaning , uncultivated .

HOLLYWOOD
02-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Huckabee is such a sleaze-ball... surprised he didn't take Kenneth Copeland's Gulfstream 550 to Israel.

Well, Mike Huckabee is a true believer, emotionally addicted to his belief in the sacrosanctness of Israel as an outcome of this visit to Yad Vashem and just another gentile for Billionaire Branam to control.

Mark Braverman described Yad Vashem as an indoctrination center for all American politicians and policy makers.

US Congressmen, Senators, Department of State members, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES, etc are trotted to Israel, taken to YV, and administered the injections; thereafter, they are hooked to the masters.

Worth noting that AIPAC managed to carve out a special exemption in the US TAX CODE for their FOREIGN activities in taking US legislators, politicians, political Prostitutes, Corporate Executives, on those trips to Israel, and from the controls on gifts to congressmen... only such country in the world with these write-offs/exemptions.

BlackTerrel
02-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Jewish settlements on Palestinian land in the West Bank are a key roadblock to the Middle East peace process, which is why, for decades under both Democratic and Republican administrations, it has been official U.S. policy to oppose settlement construction. President Reagan called settlements “ill-advised” and “unnecessarily provocative,” while President Bush said settlement activity “must stop.” The U.N. and the European Union also both oppose settlements. Does Huckabee really believe the American government, including Bush and Reagan, are racists and guilty of Apartheid?

Why is it a roadbloack? Jews should not be allowed to live there?

How about Muslims? Is there any place where Muslims should not be allowed to live or worship? How about a Mosque a few blocks away from Ground Zero is that OK?

juvanya
02-04-2011, 03:22 AM
He is 100% correct.