PDA

View Full Version : They are preparing for an all out war in Tahrir Square NOW!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

They have been knocking out street lights, putting up makeshift barricades, forming lines. They are about to go all West Side Story on each other.

There is a definite plan among the pro-stabs. They've been telling non-involved people to move their cars because they'll get destroyed. Something serious is about to go down.

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 05:55 PM
It is also very clear where the violence is coming from.
The protesters are , and have been defensive

It would be good if the Army would take a stand and shoot some of the attackers.

specsaregood
02-02-2011, 05:56 PM
It would be good if the Army would take a stand and shoot some of the attackers police.
Fixed, free, no charge.

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Fixed, free, no charge.

I was (in a rare moment) attempting to be PC.

But yes. Police, Security Force, Thugs, SS. The attackers.

QueenB4Liberty
02-02-2011, 06:01 PM
It is also very clear where the violence is coming from.
The protesters are , and have been defensive

It would be good if the Army would take a stand and shoot some of the attackers.

Yeah. I can't believe this is still going on. :(

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Some information is starting to come out. The internet is back up and I expect to see more.
This from one of the Tweets I have been following.
http://www.thenation.com/article/158235/live-egypt-true-face-mubarak-regime

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 06:14 PM
just found an Al-Jazeera app for android. Articles and live video stream. finally!

awake
02-02-2011, 06:18 PM
This is the event that will unleash the army... like clockwork the Mubarak goons (probably police and inmates) will attack both army and protesters. This will invite the army to crack down on all. Or at least the protestors to call for the army to stop the Mubarak goons, which still invite the army crackdown.

Textbook dictator tactic.

newbitech
02-02-2011, 06:20 PM
why does AJ call it "Liberation Square"? Is it because its the english version of AJ? What are they calling this place in arabic or hebrew? is it the english translation of "downtown cairo"? what are the street names, who are the people that live here?

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 06:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahrir_Square

1000-points-of-fright
02-02-2011, 06:23 PM
They are about to go all West Side Story on each other.

That would be fucking fabulous! Could you imagine all those people breaking into a Jerome Robbins choreographed dance/brawl?? Best flash mob ever!!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 07:14 PM
pro-stabs have taken control of all some entrances and exits to Tahrir Square. (first report was inaccurate)

Starting to hear gunfire.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
pro-stabs have taken control of all some entrances and exits to Tahrir Square. (first report was inaccurate)

Starting to hear gunfire.

Does it sound like rifle or 12 gauge ?

oyarde
02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
If it is shotgun , it may be non lethal rounds ..

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 07:37 PM
If it is shotgun , it may be non lethal rounds ..

they either didn't say or i missed it. However, the only people that were firing shotguns were the cops and that was a few days ago. The police haven't been seen since. The army has fired over protesters heads with 50 cal to try and disperse people though.

jclay2
02-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Typical False Flag: Mubarak needs an excuse to use the military. He only holds strength through force. Now that the army has decided to accommodate NON VIOLENT protesters, Mubarak's answer is to make them violent. How? By using his goon force to initiate violence and throw the country into total chaos. Only then can the savior with guns come in and "stabilize" the area. As expected the msm will be on the side of mubarak.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 07:42 PM
they either didn't say or i missed it. However, the only people that were firing shotguns were the cops and that was a few days ago. The police haven't been seen since. The army has fired over protesters heads with 50 cal to try and disperse people though.

They are going to have to be extremely careful firing a heavy weapon like that over peoples heads in a populated area. That thing will still kill people 2000 meters downrange .

ctiger2
02-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Here's the live Tube channel: http://www.youtube.com/aljazeeraenglish

HOLLYWOOD
02-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Typical False Flag: Mubarak needs an excuse to use the military. He only holds strength through force. Now that the army has decided to accommodate NON VIOLENT protesters, Mubarak's answer is to make them violent. How? By using his goon force to initiate violence and throw the country into total chaos. Only then can the savior with guns come in and "stabilize" the area. As expected the msm will be on the side of mubarak.
ALWAYS, amazing how the statist goons, pro dictator fanaticals/supporters, etc, are the ones to start the attacks and/or violence...

reminds me of the statist clowns on the left at MSNBC yelling, instigating, and attacking guests or events like; Lawrence O'Donnell, Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews and their supporting casts. Then you have the same on the right with extremists like Hannity, O'Reilly, Michael Reagan, William Kristol and their supporting cast... AND here we are above the nonsense in the center, yet both ends of those radicals call us, "Extremists".

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 08:34 PM
lots of gunfire now

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 08:43 PM
reporters saying it came from the bridge (where the NDP is)

Southron
02-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Is the general populace of Egypt disarmed?

Flash
02-02-2011, 08:55 PM

I talked to someone from Egypt earlier today, he said very few people own guns. Most couldn't afford them.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 09:00 PM
one person killed

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:03 PM

Yes , I will go so far to predict the only arms around the citizens right now is probably what has been taken from police since rioting started .

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM

For the most part, There are a few guns around, but rare.
local militia have been arming themselves with sticks and knives in defense of homes businesses and neighborhoods.
The Protests have been Non-violent and unarmed.
The Government Thugs have arms.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM

Weapons dealing is execution or life in prison / hard labor ....

college4life
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
why are they still awake at 5 am? When do they sleep?

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
The Police and Security Forces are desperate.
If Mubarak falls and an honest judiciary is in place, they have trials and jail to look forward to.

They do not want to lose their position of privilege and protection.

Bruno
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Maddow is covering this live, making her show tolerable.

why are they still awake at 5 am? When do they sleep?

You don't sleep during a revolution.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
The Police and Security Forces are desperate.
If Mubarak falls and an honest judiciary is in place they have trials and jail to look forward to.

They do not want to lose their position of privilege and protection.

Good point , they would have to flee ...

college4life
02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
I wonder how many have died as a consequence of this past 2 weeks?

Do yall trust the gov numbers? I bet many more have died than reported.

Pericles
02-02-2011, 09:14 PM
The number of countries with any concept of the RKBA can be counted on your fingers, and you won't need your thumbs to count the total.

Southron
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
The number of countries with any concept of the RKBA can be counted on your fingers, and you won't need your thumbs to count the total.

Most armed, most free.

Pericles
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Most armed, most free.
"Of all the lands in Europe, the Swiss are the best armed and the most free." Niccolo Machiavelli

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I wonder how many have died as a consequence of this past 2 weeks?

Do yall trust the gov numbers? I bet many more have died than reported.

they aren't govt numbers. I think they are coming from Reuters. Don't trust American MSM though. They are making everything out to be about Islamic Extremism.

speciallyblend
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
just heard a report that some group was chasing down the last of the mubarack supporters. Ii take that as good news on one front!!! though i highly doubt any of these reporters on msnbc know a rats ass about anything !!

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
i think the military has withdrawn. many injured.

Live gunfire from the bridge where the pro-stabs where setup. They shot into the crowd of anti-gov protesters.

4 killed
13 injured

military isn't doing jack

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
this just turned into a civil war

Nate-ForLiberty
02-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Anti-govs not leaving Liberation Square. fuck.

more gunfire

college4life
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM
don't you guys worry that thousands will be massacred secretly? what if the police kill tons but obviously a lot of the evil tyrants wont report it?

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM
don't you guys worry that thousands will be massacred secretly? what if the police kill tons but obviously a lot of the evil tyrants wont report it?

No , I think there are elements of the press there that would find out and report it .

smokemonsc
02-02-2011, 09:48 PM
This really is amazing in an awful awe inspiring way. I really hope the protesters succeed. I'm watching a live feed on aljazeera and it's bringing back memories from V for Vendetta:

Dominic: What do you think will happen?
Finch: What usually happens when people without guns stand up to people *with* guns.

I hope V was wrong.

Baptist
02-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Man alive, that girl they just interviewed ten minutes ago... I wanted to cry for her. I hope the protesters don't get slaughtered.

Anti Federalist
02-02-2011, 10:07 PM
So, violence is not deplorable if it's delivered via a multi million dollar weapons system.

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama and his administration "strongly condemn the outrageous and deplorable violence that's taken place on the streets of Cairo today" and want it to end quickly, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said Wednesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/02/02/us.egypt.unrest/?hpt=T2

According to a July 2009 report by the Brookings institution, the drone attacks in Pakistan have killed ten civilians for every militant killed.
The Obama administration has intensified drone attacks in Pakistani territory.

http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/162936.html

libertybrewcity
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM
more than 300 dead so far. wow

Baptist
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Oh man, I just decided to check Debka because oftentimes they have timely insider information. I hope that Debka's sources are wrong on this one. They say that more violence is coming because yesterday/now is just a warm up.

http://debka.com/article/20623/

AFPVet
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
They are going to have to be extremely careful firing a heavy weapon like that over peoples heads in a populated area. That thing will still kill people 2000 meters downrange .

Not only that, but with over six tons of muzzle energy—even if they fire over them—it may cause serious damage if the shock wave is too close....

ClayTrainor
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM
My heart really goes out to all the poor souls caught in the middle of this shitty situation. :(

BenIsForRon
02-02-2011, 10:47 PM
It's getting pretty nasty. It seems the aggressors are the pro-mubarak protestors (probably 99% police).

If the military goes ahead and forces Mubarak out, I imagine that would shut up all the Mubarak supporters, as the writing would be on the wall at that point.

Danke
02-02-2011, 10:59 PM
more than 300 dead so far. wow

Huh? That is being reported now?

eOs
02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
CNN reported earlier...Maybe it was Gates who said it, not sure, but someone from the whitehouse was claiming Mubarak could be 'creating a problem only he could solve' ...I could only smile.

BenIsForRon
02-02-2011, 11:05 PM

I've seen it reported elsewhere. A lot of protesters are simply being beat to death by the Mubarak people. Some of the protestors are retaliating.

Al jazeera reported that the Mubarak people are having molotov cocktails brought to them in vans. Most of the supporters are being bussed in as well, so most of them are likely to be police and security forces in plain clothes. Given all that, I think the military knows enough now to oust Mubarak, his people are the ones causing this to turn into to chaos.

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 11:06 PM

Human Rights Watch reporting, But I suspect the number is much higher.

:(

Vessol
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Wow, that shit is crazy. It's obvious that the pro-government forces are paid off by the government, or have a lot to lose if the current government goes.

brandon
02-02-2011, 11:17 PM
I should be sleeping but I can't quit watching this.

PermanentSleep
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
I should be sleeping but I can't quit watching this.

I feel ya. Haven't been able to quit watching it for almost 3 days now. :eek:

Nate-ForLiberty
02-03-2011, 04:23 AM
7 dead
800 injured

Anti-govs vow to remain non-violent. Continue their checkpoint frisks leading into Tahrir Square

Nate-ForLiberty
02-03-2011, 04:54 AM
Captured pro-stabs admitted that they were promised the equivalant of $1000 if they took over Tahrir Square.

awake
02-03-2011, 05:05 AM
I've seen it reported elsewhere. A lot of protesters are simply being beat to death by the Mubarak people. Some of the protestors are retaliating.

Al jazeera reported that the Mubarak people are having molotov cocktails brought to them in vans. Most of the supporters are being bussed in as well, so most of them are likely to be police and security forces in plain clothes. Given all that, I think the military knows enough now to oust Mubarak, his people are the ones causing this to turn into to chaos.

This is an interesting point; the government must do everything with in it's power to create the Hobbsian myth of looting and chaos in the wake of a government collapse; producing the very situation from which the attacked and looted cry for protection from none other then their attackers.

It is clear that the aggressors are state funded to bring about this end.

specsaregood
02-03-2011, 10:59 AM
LOL @ the Egyptian VP saying the president can't step down because it would be unconstitutional. Also, insinuating that the whole thing is due to external influence of foreigners.

pcosmar
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
LOL @ the Egyptian VP saying the president can't step down because it would be unconstitutional. Also, insinuating that the whole thing is due to external influence of foreigners.

I wish they would cut the State TV feed. The arrogance, hubris and lies being spewed is truly sickening.
Question;
yes I have been listening

It is not helping my mood.
:mad: