PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper punched 10 times in the head by pro-Mubarak crowd

MRK
02-02-2011, 08:30 AM
http://twitter.com/stevebruskCNN/statuses/32789765552087040

I suppose that will sometimes happen when you invite yourself to a mob showdown where what you represent plays and played a significant role in the ongoing tensions.

I wonder how long it takes before those in the anti-Mubarak crowd realize the MSM mouthpiece might not be working for their best interests either. Hopefully they civilly keep it to words instead of blows if that lightbulb turns on.

TonySutton
02-02-2011, 08:34 AM
I wonder how much he payed for the treatment?

specsaregood
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
So the CIA is in Egypt and taking part in the events.

Bruno
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
So the CIA is in Egypt and taking part in the events.

+ rep

:)

smithtg
02-02-2011, 08:46 AM
that guy is a loser. He got what he deserved

lester1/2jr
02-02-2011, 08:58 AM
^ mubarak?

coastie
02-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Damn, almost got him....

Romulus
02-02-2011, 12:40 PM
would love a youtube of this.

freejack
02-02-2011, 12:51 PM
That's what he gets for promising Ron some air time during the debates and then not giving it to him.

Zatch
02-02-2011, 12:52 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/02/fox-business-reporters-cairo-hotel-room-invaded-by-security-theyre-going-to-kill-us/

Fox Business reporter’s Cairo hotel room invaded by security: ‘They’re going to kill us!!’

By Jeff Poor - The Daily Caller 12:48 PM 02/02/2011

Covering the melee in Cairo as an American journalist has taken a turn for the worse in the last 24 hours.

In addition to the dangers of reporting from an area where the government has failed to ensure basic safety, an alleged pro-Hosni Mubarak mob has infiltrated the protests and is turning violent on protesters and western journalists.

Ashley Webster, the overseas market editor for the Fox Business Network, is the latest to face the threats from the pro-Mubarak demonstrators. On Monday, around 10 a.m. Eastern time, Webster tweeted the following:

Security burst into our hotel room and forced our camera off the balcony shouting “they’re going to kill us!!”

He later added they were laying low and would be filing by phone from that point forward.

We are playing safe and will file reports by phone.

According to his Twitter feed, Webster explained the hotel was warning the “pro-regime crowd [is] angry at cameras and journalists from the West.”

Earlier today, CNN’s Anderson Cooper explained he and his crew were victims of the same pro-Mubarak mob.

Elwar
02-02-2011, 12:53 PM
The Egyptians are doing what we all wanted to do all throughout the 2008 elections.

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
But for a week the Peaceful Protesters were welcoming reporters. There were few.
Mubarak's Thugs do not. But reporters show up and join with the thugs.

This should be a clue.

olehounddog
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
The couple of times I've been pummeled I have never thought or cared about counting the # of times I got hit. Does he have 10 lumps on his head.lol

Aratus
02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
this is a thuggery like berlin in 1930
yet the dissidents are not stalinists
however a thuggery like ernst rohm's
is a very depressing sight to my eyes

Stary Hickory
02-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Ten punches for greater liberty YEAH!

Stary Hickory
02-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Yes when I am getting my ass kicked I make sure to keep an accurate account of all the punches and stuff.

Chieppa1
02-02-2011, 01:24 PM
But for a week the Peaceful Protesters were welcoming reporters. There were few.
Mubarak's Thugs do not. But reporters show up and join with the thugs.

This should be a clue.

Source? Anderson Cooper doesn't count as a reporter.

outspoken
02-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Kinda like 'how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?'.... I wonder how many lumps to the head it takes to knock some sense into a liberal? The world may never know.....

pcosmar
02-02-2011, 01:27 PM
Source? Anderson Cooper doesn't count as a reporter.

Ok,
MSM coverage (such as it is)

Apparently the thugs didn't get the memo.

Chieppa1
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Ok,
MSM coverage (such as it is)

Apparently the thugs didn't get the memo.

I do have to say, following @bencnn has been refreshing to see. I guess its hard to be a spin doctor when its happening in front of you.

freshjiva
02-02-2011, 01:41 PM
This is why some Ron Paul supporters make me sick.

Come on, folks. Anderson may be left-leaning in his personal political views, but the guy is as moderate and fair as you can possibly get as a journalist.

speciallyblend
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Egypt: Log on to the Revolution:

Egyptians Log on to the Revolution, please spread everywhere!!!!!!!

Egyptians can continue to connect to the internet for free (I've heard) via traditional phone lines using the following instructions: FDN (Free World Dial up) to access the Internet anonymously at the following number: 33172890150 with login: toto and password: toto.

http://huff.to/eFrej5

Stary Hickory
02-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Come on, folks. Anderson may be left-leaning in his personal political views, but the guy is as moderate and fair as you can possibly get as a journalist.

So say you, I am tired of the MSM in general and I am tired of apologists for the MSM as well. He i just a lil left leaning.....your opinion.

Aratus
02-02-2011, 01:52 PM
upon seeing an dignified state of the union message decrying violence, we then have
the desperate gamble of an 82 year old man who doubts his own child as he distrusts
a nobel laureate as he lets a presumed 40something or 50something thug organize his
loyal few into a secret police. the riot cops have an odium, the army has pride and a
neutrality, the talk was of free elections and a september date. 29 years ago the foul
deed that gave young mubarak a decade of sympathy & grace was thusly 29 years after
king farouk left a most regal throne. modern egypt has seen saturn return twice to this
place in our skies. i try not to praise nasser & do know the saudis are watching their tvs

Chieppa1
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Have you been reading how Al Jeezra English journalists have been covering this on the ground? Facts, no opinions. That's as fair as it gets.

specsaregood
02-02-2011, 02:07 PM

Lol, you bought the facade....
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2006/09/anderson-coopers-cia-secret.php

Anderson Cooper has long traded on his biography, carving a niche for himself as the most human of news anchors. But there's one aspect of his past that the silver-haired CNN star has never made public: the months he spent training for a career with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Aratus
02-02-2011, 02:09 PM
yup... he's cia

was this a

message to d.c?

Bruno
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM

This is why some Ron Paul supporters make me sick. :P You didn't know he had trained with the CIA.

At any rate, also lost in the conversation is that as I see Anderson Cooper in the pro-Marbarek crowd attacking him (the irony of the people kicking him being the ones we supported for 30 years is not to go unnoticed), is that he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I'm not a fan of Anderson Cooper, but watching the video I certainly didn't want to see any harm for him and he must have been scared shitless. But now that it's all over, he's pimping it as "coming up, more video, as I also had my own flipcam with me." He even mentioned, "I was carrying a flipcam so not to stick out (with his white hair?)...and then they even grabbed at my camera man's camera."

specsaregood
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm not a fan of Anderson Cooper, but watching the video I certainly didn't want to see any harm for him and he must have been scared shitless.

Please, not a visible bruise or scratch on him. He must have been getting punched by a mob of kittens. He is lucky...if it even really happened.

Matt Collins
02-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Let's send more of them over there to cover the story!

Bergie Bergeron
02-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Maybe Keith Olbermann feels like being a field reporter?

Vessol
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Maybe Keith Olbermann feels like being a field reporter?

I may just join the pro-Mubarak group then.

devil21
02-03-2011, 02:15 AM
I may just join the pro-Mubarak group then.

From what Im reading around the net, you better join the police force first. These are cops and other government tit-suckers doing to attacking.