PDA

View Full Version : Analyst Predicts One Million Ron Paul Supporters Online by 2008

G-khan
06-10-2007, 05:57 AM
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/6/prweb531748.htm

Analyst Predicts One Million Ron Paul Supporters Online by 2008

Ron Paul's online support is continuing to grow based on evidence provided by online analyst.

Washington D.C. (PRWEB) June 10, 2007 -- An online analyst at USAElectionPolls.com observes that Ron Paul, a Republican presidential candidate, is continuing to grow in popularity.

Despite languishing near the bottom of the presidential polls with 1%, Ron Paul has become an Internet phenom. As a favorite of the youthful 18-29 year olds, he has become a household name for those that frequent the popular Web 2.0 websites such as YouTube, MySpace, and Digg.

"Ron Paul's online support just continues to grow and there is no signs of letting up. If anything, it will grow beyond our expectations," says David Terr of USAElectionPolls.com. The web site ran a poll on their website and found roughly 33% of their visitors responding to the poll learned about Ron Paul within the last 2 months.

"That is a 50% growth rate over the past two months. If you extrapolate that over the next 6 months, his familiarity online would grow by another 350%. Websites have already began to censor Ron Paul comments on their forums because the supporters have drowned out the voices of the supporters of the other candidates. Imagine 10 times that," says Terr.

There has been little evidence to suggest that Paul's popularity has improved because of the internet but USAElectionPolls.com warns that it is only a matter of time.

For more information on the growth of Ron Paul, visit

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008...ps-bounds.html (http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-movement-growing-leaps-bounds.html)

The Ron Paul Movement is Growing By Leaps and Bounds

June 8, 2007

We polled the visitors of our website yesterday the following question.

How long ago did you learn about Ron Paul?
Last week - 4%
Last month - 19%
2 months ago - 9%
3 months ago - 7%
First part of 2007 - 10%
Year 2006 - 8%
Before 2006 - 37%
Who is Ron Paul? - 3%
I wish I never heard of Ron Paul. - 3%

Based on the responses, we have concluded that approximately one-third of Internet visitors have learned about Ron Paul in the past 2 months. This represents a 50% growth. If you extrapolate that over the next 6 months, his online familiarity would be approximately 350% greater.

But that does not tell the whole story. The interest in the election will also grow in parallel. If visitors to online political websites grow by a factor of 5 near the election, we will be looking at an almost 1400% increase in familiarity on the Internet.

This is essential for a candidate that still has the lowest familiarity rating among all the Republicans.

Don't just trust our online poll. Look at the web traffic statistics by Quantcast Internet Ratings.

Source: Quantcast Internet Ratings.

As you can see, traffic to the candidate's web site did not really take off until March 15th! This means that practically all of Internet traffic to the candidate started within the past 3 months.

He is currently getting 5,000 daily visitors to his website. According to Quantcast, this translates to only about 90,000 unique monthly visitors due to multiple visits by an individual. If he were to grow at the rate we expected, we are talking about 1.3 million unique monthly visitors to his website. That may seem excessive but consider that only represents about 2.5% of MySpace.

Possible Rebuttal

It is fair to claim that it is not right to utilize the past 2 months growth rate as a predictor of future growth rate because of the fact that growth tends to be huge at the beginning. But observations at Quantcast has shown that online traffic to political web sites near elections are about 10 times greater than normal. This means that a large majority of people are not that excited about the presidential race. We expect the intensity of the Ron Paul supporters to continue to remain strong online. And as the general electorate flocks online to learn about the election, they will be certain to learn about Ron Paul.
http://goldismoney.info/forums/images/misc/progress.gif

Therion
06-10-2007, 07:29 AM
Only a million? I thought we had that already. =(

Delivered4000
06-10-2007, 07:45 AM
How many people voted in the 2004 primaries?

lbadragan
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
A million would be Huge. If that 1 millions donated an average of $100, that's 100 million.

joenaab
06-10-2007, 04:22 PM
There's definately already a million supporters online, but that article is referring to a million unique visitors per month to RP's homepage. Great to see more news sources waking up and doing the math.

Ponce
06-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I badragan? I am working on something now that I think that you and others will like very much......... people are more willing to give $100.00 when they are getting something unique in return......G Khan knows about it.

G? the contribution just went up to $100.00 :D

CJLauderdale4
06-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I thought the same.
Check out the thread I started:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=2637

I was thinking only $10 initially, this way even the young kids who don't have much could feel like they are making a difference too...

lbadragan
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
If there are 1 million comitted Ron Paul supporters, $100,000,000 should be easy to raise. People, just think about how much money you spend on eating at restaurants, movies, cable bill, trips, etc...

At least a $100 donation should not be hard to do if you believe in the cause.