PDA

View Full Version : PPP: Obama leads Palin by eight … in South Dakota?

RonPaulFanInGA
02-01-2011, 11:28 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/01/ppp-obama-leads-palin-by-eight-in-south-dakota/

I’m highly skeptical — this is a state the GOP’s won in every election since 1964 — but their sample doesn’t seem obviously skewed to me. The partisan breakdown is 48R/38D/14I; the sample in the state’s 2008 exit poll on election day was 42R/36D/22I. If anything, PPP skewed too heavily towards Republicans. The ideological sample is similarly in line. For PPP, it’s 43 percent conservative, 44 percent moderate, and 13 percent liberal. In 2008 on election day, the exit poll had it 35 percent conservative, 50 percent moderate, and 15 percent liberal. Again, PPP’s numbers tilt against Obama. And their polling of hypothetical Romney/Obama and Huckabee/Obama races seems credible. Mitt leads 46/40 and Huck leads 47/41 in a state McCain won by eight points.

Kludge
02-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Obama's position in polls has been increasing steadily for months, Palin's has been dropping since she was nominated in 2008. What's not to get?

sailingaway
02-01-2011, 11:46 PM
So why didn't they poll Ron? He did well in SD in the last GOP primary.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-02-2011, 02:20 AM

I think PPP said in their blog comments, when asked a while back why they won't poll Ron Paul in any general election polls vs. Obama, that it's because (paraphrasing) "Ron Paul won't be the Republican's general election candidate."

Eric21ND
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
He did alright. Ron did much better in ND.

klamath
02-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Unless things go badly wrong, Obama is in for reelection but a republican congress will probably stay in power.

Koz
02-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Unless things go badly wrong, Obama is in for reelection but a republican congress will probably stay in power.

+10000000000000

I have been saying this for months. My neocon friends and relatives are stupified. They can't believe Obama would win re-election until i ask them who is the best candidate in the Republican party who can beat him. Then they get it. That's when I bring up the good doctor.

MRK
02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm not surprised; it's Sarah Palin. She's the most favored lightning rod of most of the mainstream media, and also much of the American population. I'm impressed she's survived so well this far. I almost never hear positive things about her whenever her name is mentioned, especially on the ground in the cities I frequent. People are well-programmed to despise her.

sailingaway
02-02-2011, 10:43 AM
I think PPP said in their blog comments, when asked a while back why they won't poll Ron Paul in any general election polls vs. Obama, that it's because (paraphrasing) "Ron Paul won't be the Republican's general election candidate."

Because last time they and Rasmussen polled him against Obama he did VERY well, and the polls clearly indicate that he dominates with independents, a larger group than either GOP or Dems..... making his election strategy to organize the independents to vote GOP all too apparent.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Because last time they and Rasmussen polled him against Obama he did VERY well, and the polls clearly indicate that he dominates with independents, a larger group than either GOP or Dems..... making his election strategy to organize the independents to vote GOP all too apparent.

Yeah , that vote would be 50/ 50 ?