PDA

View Full Version : WikiLeaks: 'Al-Qaida on brink of using nuclear bomb'

Bruno
02-01-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Qaida+brink+using+nuclear+bomb/4205104/story.html

Al-Qaida is on the verge of producing radioactive weapons after sourcing nuclear material and recruiting rogue scientists to build "dirty" bombs, according to leaked diplomatic documents.

A leading atomic regulator has privately warned that the world stands on the brink of a "nuclear 9/11".

Security briefings suggest that jihadi groups are also close to producing "workable and efficient" biological and chemical weapons that could kill thousands if unleashed in attacks on the West.

Thousands of classified American cables obtained by the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph detail the international struggle to stop the spread of weapons-grade nuclear, chemical and biological material around the globe.

At a Nato meeting in January 2009, security chiefs briefed member states that al-Qaida was plotting a program of "dirty radioactive IEDs", makeshift nuclear roadside bombs that could be used against British troops in Afghanistan.

As well as causing a large explosion, a "dirty bomb" attack would contaminate the area for many years.

The briefings also state that al-Qaida documents found in Afghanistan in 2007 revealed that "greater advances" had been made in bioterrorism than was previously realized. An Indian national security adviser told American security personnel in June 2008 that terrorists had made a "manifest attempt to get fissile material" and "have the technical competence to manufacture an explosive device beyond a mere dirty bomb".

Alerts about the smuggling of nuclear material, sent to Washington from foreign U.S. embassies, document how criminal and terrorist gangs were trafficking large amounts of highly radioactive material across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

The alerts explain how customs guards at remote border crossings used radiation alarms to identify and seize cargoes of uranium and plutonium.

Freight trains were found to be carrying weapons-grade nuclear material across the Kazakhstan-Russia border, highly enriched uranium was transported across Uganda by bus, and a "small time hustler" in Lisbon offered to sell radioactive plates stolen from Chernobyl.

In one incident in September 2009, two employees at the Rossing Uranium Mine in Namibia smuggled almost half a ton of uranium concentrate powder - yellowcake - out of the compound in plastic bags.

"Acute safety and security concerns" were even raised in 2008 about the uranium and plutonium laboratory of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the nuclear safety watchdog.

Tomihiro Taniguchi, the deputy director general of the IAEA, has privately warned America that the world faces the threat of a "nuclear 9/11" if stores of uranium and plutonium were not secured against terrorists.

But diplomats visiting the IAEA's Austrian headquarters in April 2008 said that there was "no way to provide perimeter security" to its own laboratory because it has windows that leave it vulnerable to break-ins.

Senior British defence officials have raised "deep concerns" that a rogue scientist in the Pakistani nuclear program "could gradually smuggle enough material out to make a weapon", according to a document detailing official talks in London in February 2009.

Agricultural stores of deadly biological pathogens in Pakistan are also vulnerable to "extremists" who could use supplies of anthrax, foot and mouth disease and avian flu to develop lethal biological weapons.

Anthrax and other biological agents including smallpox, and avian flu could be sprayed from a shop-bought aerosol can in a crowded area, leaked security briefings warn.

The security of the world's only two declared smallpox stores in Atlanta, America, and Novosibirsk, Russia, has repeatedly been called into doubt by "a growing chorus of voices" at meetings of the World Health Assembly documented in the leaked cables.

The alarming disclosures come after Barack Obama, the U.S. president, last year declared nuclear terrorism "the single biggest threat" to international security with the potential to cause "extraordinary loss of life".

dannno
02-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Not a bad idea to have some potassium iodide around.

http://www.nukepills.com/

HOLLYWOOD
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM

Yeap, plus Iodine Tablets and CANNED goods.

This country's government has created so much hatred over the decades around the world.

Reason
02-01-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet...

Anyone else miss that show "Jericho"...

ctiger2
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
The world should be much more afraid of the Israeli Mossad than Al-CIA-duh.

Any organization that can pull off 9/11 and still not be brought to justice 10yrs later...

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Nuclear War Survival Skills - free online book

http://www.oism.org/nwss/

-t

pcosmar
02-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Bogga Bogga Bogga.

Be very afraid.
:rolleyes:

ItsTime
02-01-2011, 07:54 PM
What are the odds of this being planted disinfo?

Vessol
02-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Is Assange now going to become Fox News hero of the week for giving them "justification" to carpet bomb the Middle East?

ItsTime
02-01-2011, 07:57 PM

What would we need from here and how much of it for 10 people?

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM

exactly what I was just thinking...

JoshLowry
02-01-2011, 07:58 PM

Zero imo.

They are talking about cables amongst government. Government is the one waging a war against a tactic, naturally they would have these docs.

Initially the title threw me off, but it's nothing surprising. Fear mongering? Check. That's how they get people to read their articles.

pcosmar
02-01-2011, 08:00 PM
Define "brink"

How many years old are these communications?

And so far the most sophisticated "terrorist can't even pull off a good car fire.

Come on, get real.

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 08:01 PM
Zero imo.

They are talking about cables amongst government. Government is the one waging a war against a tactic, naturally they would have these docs.

Initially the title threw me off, but it's nothing surprising. Fear mongering? Check. That's how they get people to read their articles.

Thousands of classified American cables obtained by the WikiLeaks website and passed to The Daily Telegraph detail the international struggle to stop the spread of weapons-grade nuclear, chemical and biological material around the globe.

This leaves me with questions...

akforme
02-01-2011, 08:03 PM
I doubt they'll use nukes. Unless you have enough to complete the job you are just destroying your own, and they know that.

EndDaFed
02-01-2011, 08:32 PM
This leaves me with questions...

Wikileaks use to dump all the documents that were leaked to them onto their website. The problem was that they would get no media coverage. So in order to get publicity for their content Wikileaks now gives exclusive content to journalists and then releases the documents afterwards. If everyone had access there would be no incentive for a media outlet to run the story because every other media outlet had access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUTuCIFYwc

sofia
02-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Wikileaks and Al Qaeda are BOTH Mossad creations.

Because 9/11 Truth has been scoffed at by so many of you....Israel will eventually nuke a US city and the Big Bad Muslims will be blamed.......and most of you will believe it too.

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Wikileaks use to dump all the documents that were leaked to them onto their website. The problem was that they would get no media coverage. So in order to get publicity for their content Wikileaks now gives exclusive content to journalists and then releases the documents afterwards. If everyone had access there would be no incentive for a media outlet to run the story because every other media outlet had access.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUTuCIFYwc&feature=related

Perhaps, but when you get things second hand, instead of straight from the horses mouth, it leaves room for doubt.

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM

Because 9/11 Truth has been scoffed at by so many of you....Israel will eventually nuke a US city and the Big Bad Muslims will be blamed.......and most of you will believe it too.

And I suppose you can back this up with documentation?

JoshLowry
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM

No, he can't.

That doesn't make him wrong on his hunch, but he does look foolish when he calls nearly everyone here an ignoramus.

EndDaFed
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Perhaps, but when you get things second hand, instead of straight from the horses mouth, it leaves room for doubt.

There is nothing second handed about it. The documents are released after the story is run.
http://www.wikileaks.ch/cablegate.html

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
There is nothing second handed about it. The documents are released after the story is run.
http://www.wikileaks.ch/cablegate.html

oh geeze, can you help me here? My pea brain will take all night to find it. Do you know where it is?

YumYum
02-01-2011, 08:56 PM
A couple questions I have: Why isn't there anything in the wikileaks that incriminates (or even embarrasses for that matter) the Israeli government? Why did Assange have a private meeting with Israeli leaders and let them edit his leaks before they were released? Why is Israel satisfied with the leaks?

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM

An Indian national security adviser told American security personnel in June 2008 that terrorists had made a "manifest attempt to get fissile material" and "have the technical competence to manufacture an explosive device beyond a mere dirty bomb".

Alerts about the smuggling of nuclear material, sent to Washington from foreign U.S. embassies, document how criminal and terrorist gangs were trafficking large amounts of highly radioactive material across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

The alerts explain how customs guards at remote border crossings used radiation alarms to identify and seize cargoes of uranium and plutonium.

Freight trains were found to be carrying weapons-grade nuclear material across the Kazakhstan-Russia border, highly enriched uranium was transported across Uganda by bus

========

Thank god all international borders are so secure that no contraband can cross them. Why, we might even have a drug problem in this country if this wasn't the case.

Oh wait...

OTOH, didn't WikiLeaks also reveal gvmt info that said AQ was just over 50 ppl living in caves along the Afgan/Paki border? They must have some serious labs in those caves - I'm tellin ya!

I suspect the bulk of the weapons grade material smuggling is for countries that want a bomb. Not terrorists. Building a basic nuke that will take out a city block is pretty trivial. Using the same amount of material to build one that will take out a city is F'ing HARD!

-t

sofia
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Read the book that is listed in my signature line....and you shall see what we are up against.

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Read the book that is listed in my signature line....and you shall see what we are up against.

Sofia, while you dis those who are not truthers, what do you say about Dr. Paul who categorically denies that 9-11 was inside?

Teaser Rate
02-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I doubt they'll use nukes. Unless you have enough to complete the job you are just destroying your own, and they know that.

Al Qaeda's stated goals are not to destroy the US or the western world, it's to hurt us badly enough that so we won't want to support Israel or other regimes in the Islamic world anymore. In his mind, Bin Laden isn't fighting a thousand year war again a satanic enemy, he's trying to accomplish his short-term objective of getting the US out of way, and if he thinks that using a nuke to kill millions of civilians gets him closer to it, then he probably won't hesitate to pull the trigger. I also doubt that he'd care if he got a lot of his own people killed in the process.

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2011, 09:16 PM
The guy that wants one nuke should scare the hell out of you.
The guy that wants a lot of nukes, wants a deterrent.

sofia
02-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Sofia, while you dis those who are not truthers, what do you say about Dr. Paul who categorically denies that 9-11 was inside?

Ron Paul is a good man....but no one is infallable.

Either A: Ron has a psychological blind spot on this issue (as do many otherwise intelligent people....OR....

B. Ron does not wish to undo his ongoing good works (and Rand;s career)...by committing political suicide. The public cannot handle the truth about 9/11 (read Plato's Allegory of the Cave) and Ron is therefore in a tough spot (if indeed he is a closet truther)

My guess is B...but I cant be sure

sofia
02-01-2011, 09:25 PM
From a 1997 episode of the Simpsons...

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/thecityofnewyorkvs-homersimpson3.png

BlackTerrel
02-01-2011, 09:50 PM
What is the chance that people will find truth in sources that agree with their world view and call "disinfo" anything that disagrees with their world view?

I'd put the over/under at 95%

BlackTerrel
02-01-2011, 09:51 PM

You are the only thing standing between Israel and total world domination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwQBubJnoe0

sofia
02-01-2011, 09:52 PM
What is the chance that people will find truth in sources that agree with their world view and call "disinfo" anything that disagrees with their world view?

you are projecting....cuz that's EXACTLY what 911 truth deniers do all the time when defending the fairy tale of the Arab caveman and his gang of nerdy Cessna pilots

Bruno
02-01-2011, 09:58 PM
A couple questions I have: Why isn't there anything in the wikileaks that incriminates (or even embarrasses for that matter) the Israeli government? Why did Assange have a private meeting with Israeli leaders and let them edit his leaks before they were released? Why is Israel satisfied with the leaks?

Only around 2% have been released so far.

tangent4ronpaul
02-01-2011, 10:22 PM
The DoE Info Bridge has material of interest. I would suggest the search terms" filter expedient or filter improvised.

http://www.osti.gov/bridge/basicsearch.jsp

In particular, NUREG/CR-2958; SAND-82-7084 Expedient methods of respiratory protection. II. Leakage tests. Final report discusses leakage tests on manikins through expedient masks made of t-shirts, washcloth and handkerchief material. You are likely to find related documents on that site. As an aside, they found pantyhose a very effective strapping material to assure a tight seal.

This is available in fulltext on the infobridge.

Title Emergency Protection from Aerosols
Creator/Author Cristy, G.A.
Publication Date 2001 Nov 13
OSTI Identifier OSTI ID: 788898
Report Number(s) ORNL-5519
DOE Contract Number AC05-00OR22725
DOI 10.2172/788898
Other Number(s) TRN: AH200136%%165
Resource Type Technical Report
Resource Relation Other Information: PBD: 13 Nov 2001
Coverage Topical
Research Org Oak Ridge National Lab., TN (US)
Sponsoring Org US Department of Energy (US)
Subject 61 RADIATION PROTECTION AND DOSIMETRY; AEROSOLS; HOUSEHOLDS; RADIOACTIVE AEROSOLS; RADIATION PROTECTION; ELECTRIC APPLIANCES; PRESSURIZATION; AIR INFILTRATION; MITIGATION
Description/Abstract Expedient methods were developed that could be used by an average person, using only materials readily available, to protect himself and his family from injury by toxic (e.g., radioactive) aerosols. The most effective means of protection was the use of a household vacuum cleaner to maintain a small positive pressure on a closed house during passage of the aerosol cloud. Protection factors of 800 and above were achieved.
Country of Publication United States
Language English
Format Medium: ED; Size: 58 pages
System Entry Date 2008 Feb 05

devil21
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM
I dunno....Im still very undecided on Wikileaks. So far the vast majority of the few leaks have been typical establishment rhetoric. This seems like another page straight out of the Feds fearmongering playbook. If there were to be a nuclear strike of some sort, they can easily say "See? We told you!" Whether it's really Al Qaeda or not won't even be questioned.

Didn't Assange promise to do the BoA file dump before the end of January? I'm still waiting...

There's threads over on ATS about VERY LARGE government (FEMA) RFPs for millions of gallons of clean drinking water, millions of ready-made meals, millions of blankets, etc.

pacelli
02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
Bogga Bogga Bogga.

Be very afraid.
:rolleyes:

Well, first Assange is an ALLEGED terrorist/rapist who violated the national security of the United States, now all of a sudden his organization gets a headline on 'concealed' information?

Sounds to me like somebody changed their policy on how to use wikileaks for their own benefit. I don't buy it. I think it is a fear campaign. Is it any coincidence that this comes shortly after there are talks of cutting the defense budget?

Duct tape and plastic folks, remember that?

sevin
02-02-2011, 07:29 AM

http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/thecityofnewyorkvs-homersimpson3.png

So the Simpsons writing staff was in on it...? :confused:

torchbearer
02-02-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet...

Anyone else miss that show "Jericho"...

loved the show. it helped me think of SHTF prep.
thought of buying a salt mine.

Jack Bauer
02-02-2011, 07:52 AM

Actually there is proof that 911 was an inside job. This link proves it.

http://www.parcbench.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/epi1009img392-300x225.jpg

Yes, Kyle from Southpark was responsible for 911. Those nasty joos!

Here's more proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdWBjqUGgvU&feature=related

Slutter McGee
02-02-2011, 08:41 AM
I sometimes stop by to mention that sofia is racist idiot. But try to get a rational response....never seen one before.

Slutter McGee

klamath
02-02-2011, 09:28 AM

Pretty high. Some more than others but we all do it. It is a pretty natural human response. There is quite a chance it could be planted but pretty near 100% chance that if certain radicals got access to a weapon like this they wouldn't hasitate to use it on a large city. Unfortunately there are people in the world that have convinced themselves the lose of innocents is acceptable for their noble cause, no mater what side they take.

BlackTerrel
02-02-2011, 11:52 PM
So the Simpsons writing staff was in on it...? :confused:

Simpsons did 9/11

fj45lvr
02-03-2011, 01:26 AM
wonder if this is leaked info from modern "team b" LOL Neo-cons strike again.

Philhelm
02-03-2011, 02:57 AM

So Matt Groening (or whatever the hell his name is) is behind 9/11?

wildfirepower
02-03-2011, 06:32 AM
Nuclear War Survival Skills
Abandon/leave big cities. Nuclear strike will be on big cities.

tangent4ronpaul
02-03-2011, 07:10 AM

Fallout migrates....

oyarde
02-03-2011, 08:11 PM

Yes

oyarde
02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Fallout migrates....

Yes .