PDA

View Full Version : Take immediate action now or congress will reauthorize the patriot act

libertygrl
02-01-2011, 03:01 PM
If you and other liberty activists don't take immediate action, Congress will once again pass a sneak attack on your rights by re-authorizing the so-called "PATRIOT" Act without hardly a hearing or a debate.

As you know, in the wake of the 9/11 tragedy, Congress passed the original, freedom-stealing "PATRIOT" Act in the heat of the post 9/11 fears - without legislators even having a chance to fully read and thoroughly debate a bill that would transform parts of the federal government into a national security state.

Last year, the Democrat-controlled Congress quietly slipped through a one-year extension, with little opposition which was later signed by President Obama.

This year, Congress intends to renew three controversial provisions of this Act, and due to legislation introduced by Representative Mike Rogers [MI-8] (H.R. 67) and Senator Patrick Leahy [VT] (S. 193), the pieces are in place to extend them for another year.

It appears the Republican-controlled House and Democrat-controlled Senate are ready to once again sneak this bill through while Americans are not paying attention.

Please send your senators and representative a free action fax IMMEDIATELY by clicking here.

http://chooseliberty.org/patriotact.aspx?pid=nd1

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks.

DXDoug
02-01-2011, 03:50 PM
thanks but whats with the donate thing? did my letter still get sent since i exited then?

Deborah K
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
thanks but whats with the donate thing? did my letter still get sent since i exited then?

It will still get sent. At the top of the donation page it says so.