PDA

View Full Version : EPA to Regulate Milk Spills — Seriously! (Milk contains Oil)

FrankRep
02-01-2011, 07:46 AM
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has decided that, since milk contains oil, it has the authority to force farmers to comply with new regulations to file emergency management plans to show how they will cope with spilled milk.

EPA to Regulate Milk Spills — Seriously! (http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/opinion/thomas-sowell/6135-epa-to-regulate-milk-spills-seriously)

Thomas Sowell | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
01 February 2011

Krugerrand
02-01-2011, 07:53 AM
I feel safer.:rolleyes:

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 07:58 AM
Next you know breastfeeding women are gonna have to get a special license for transporting hazardous material.

teacherone
02-01-2011, 08:04 AM
milk contains oil?

FrankRep
02-01-2011, 08:10 AM
milk contains oil?

EPA Logic:

But the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is classifying milk as oil because it contains a percentage of animal fat, which is a non-petroleum oil.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/06/epa_classifies_milk_as_oil_for.html

hazek
02-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I feel safer.:rolleyes:

hahahaha +comedic rep!

Next you know breastfeeding women are gonna have to get a special license for transporting hazardous material.
LOL

pcosmar
02-01-2011, 08:26 AM
Crying over spilled milk.
Whats next.

:(

amy31416
02-01-2011, 08:35 AM

Oh shit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XhnZlmLGK8

Ninja Homer
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Crying over spilled milk.
Whats next.

:(

People contain oil...

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Oh shit....

geez that effing video pissed me off.

amy31416
02-01-2011, 09:57 AM
geez that effing video pissed me off.

Yeah. She remained much calmer than I would have. Caged in glass like an animal at a zoo...

And if you're interested in their bullshit response:

http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/12/tsa-response-to-tsa-breast-milk.html

TSA Response to "TSA Breast Milk Screening" Video
Updated on 12/9/2010 at 8:25 P.M. to add that proper procedures were followed.

Nearly a year ago, a passenger going through airport screening on two separate occasions requested that her breast milk be visually inspected and not screened by the X-ray machine. She filed a complaint with TSA regarding her screening experience. TSA investigated the matter and sent a letter of apology to the passenger in March of this year. The passenger has flown since these events occurred and has provided TSA a written confirmation that she no longer experiences issues.

After the investigation, the officers received refresher training for the visual inspection of breast milk (an infrequently requested procedure). I’d like to reassure readers that while our top priority is to prevent a terrorist attack and to ensure that your family, friends and loved ones arrive safely at their destinations, we also strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all who pass through our security checkpoints. Our policies and procedures focus on ensuring that all passengers are treated with dignity, respect, and courtesy. We go to great lengths to train our security officers in the proper way to inspect individuals and their personal items.

We extend our sincere apologies to any passenger who may have experienced discomfort and inconvenience during the screening process. We appreciate hearing from passengers and encourage you to share your experiences with us. Although the proper screening procedures were followed at the time, we acknowledge this particular passenger experienced an out of the ordinary delay, and have worked with our officers to ensure we proceed with expediency in screening situations similar to this.

NYgs23
02-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Gosh, what happens if I accidentally tip over a bottle of olive oil or baby oil? Will guys in Hazmat suits be banging down the door?

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah. She remained much calmer than I would have. Caged in glass like an animal at a zoo...
And if you're interested in their bullshit response:

I got the sense that they were keeping here caged for such a long period of time on purpose; as to upset her to the point where she would break free/exit the cage and give them a reason to arrest/taser her. That's what kept going through my mind as I watched.

amy31416
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
I got the sense that they were keeping here caged for such a long period of time on purpose; as to upset her to the point where she would break free/exit the cage and give them a reason to arrest/taser her. That's what kept going through my mind as I watched.

I don't disagree. I probably will never board a plane again, as I know that I don't have that sort of temperament.

Stary Hickory
02-01-2011, 10:56 AM
People contain oil...

This was my exact thought

I contain oil

I think its time to abolish the EPA

Anti Federalist
02-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Gosh, what happens if I accidentally tip over a bottle of olive oil or baby oil? Will guys in Hazmat suits be banging down the door?

Probably.

But the real reason for this is before hand.

You will be required to file a site plan, hazmat response plan, and all your personal and household information will be put in database.

jclay2
02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
What is wrong with these government bureaucrats. Did they get bullied in school and are now trying to return the favor? More likely is that they are all a bunch of political science, psychology, history, and law majors who couldn't do any thing else. You know how the saying goes "Those who can't do, govern".